South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Fun On the Beach

TGIF!

We're having a heat-wave here, so today will be spent in either my pool or somebody else's. I may luck out and only work 1/2 day today, since Cindy may take the girls with her to Maryland this afternoon. They were so cute yesterday, they came running and screaming into the house to get me, and I thought someone was hurt. Here, they pulled me outside to their garden, where they discovered 4 tiny zucchini and tons of flowers on their cucumbers. They were excited to count how many tomatoes are on their plants, and the carrots are coming up, too. I'm so glad they are so much into their gardening, they can hardly wait to pick their first zucchini, since I told them they would probably be ready by next week before they leave for vacation.

So, what's happening on your TGIF?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:29 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage (and Ruth - I know you're out there somewhere!). Can I interest you in a cup of coffee? We're back to Love Buzz and there's plenty here.

I love working with kids in gardens. It's just so much fun. That reminds me that it's time to get out and visit our new child care gardens and get some pictures. This is the time of year when I love my job.

Today was going to be my last friday vacation day but now that I have 4 extra days a year I've decided to extend it through the summer. I don't think we will do a long vacation this year with gas prices and income issues, so might as well make my vacation time last as long as possible

This morning I'm off to yoga and then a looooong list of chores. Tomorrow we are supposed to be in Burlington for a party. Did you say only 4 more hours Ruth?!

Heat wave here too so I'm not sure how the chores will go. I'll do my best! Have a good day Chicks
Old 06-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Friday fun! Good title and I need it because yesterday was difficult! It ended with getting thoroughly soaked coming home to a house with no power from a huge storm that started the same time as my meeting. I still have a car full of schoolwork since there was no way to unload it in the torrent. I don't think I've ever seen it rain so hard. My lane had a good two inches of water on it!

Today just has to be better - after I take my car to the shop for 7:30. Donna is coming to clean and I'll putter around in the sewingroom while she's here. I still have some summer clothes to alter - mainly sleeve and pant hems to shorten. And there's always quilting and dreaming of quilting while I leaf through magazines!

Cottage, I share the Girls' excitement over the first garden produce! I started gardening when I was four with my very patient father and haven't stopped yet.

Cyndi, long weekends every week are great! I did it for years. Of course it meant I worked 7 to 6 and did get Friday phone calls but it was worth it.

Wishing you Friday fun on the Beach and no sand throwing!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-27-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i'm up... ready for the procedure... gonna grab a shower...... have to be there at 8.

oh wow... the dogs need me

bye
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Nessa. Hope it's quick and not uncomfortable. Take drugs if offered!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:52 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hey Nessa - good luck. Hope it's over fast and your back home and relaxing soon.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck,Nessa! I hope it all goes well!

Thanks for the coffee, Cyndi. I'm with you on spending vacation at home this year. I think we'll just do day trips, with a trip or two to the shore. I just heard we may be paying $7 a gallon for gas before Labor Day! We have a trip to Bar Harbor, ME, coming up in August to take my GD to college. I'd better start saving up for that, now!

I hope you have a much calmer, peaceful day today, Ruth!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies,

Groceries are low and I have fallen off the wagon a bit. Payday today, refreshing the supplies and eliminating some of the temptations. Soon to be Ex has agreed to bring one of our freezers to mom so I can stock up on sales and have some yummy stuff frozen to grab for lunch like Taco Bake and Meatball casserole! I'm excited about that. My mom's little freezer gets filled up fast.

Okay, I'm off to plan next week's menu. Everyone have a great Friday!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

We're having fun with our garden too...I pointed out all the things growing to my DD. We also had fresh cooked turnip greens a few nights ago, and they were AWESOME!! We're having them again tonight....can't wait....

I have a short day at work, but DS as a 103 temp, not that he acts bad (thank goodness). Bit of a rough night for him (and me!), but he seems to feel better!

Have a great Friday!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #10  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

good morning!!!

well, both girls have colds, so it may not be a fun friday at all! my cousins are here visiting from denver, and we have a party at my mom's tonight with all the family, but i am not sure about bringing my germy kids! i am so sad b/c we don't see this family very often and we loooove them and nat always has a blast with her cousins. so, we'll.

i do have a workout with a trainer scheduled over lunch -- fun!

i hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Got up early and got some work out of the way so I can play in the garden a bit before it gets too hot. by 8 or 8:30 it's too late!

Trying to cook up something fun to do this evening, but will let the day take me where it wishes.

Made something yummy last night. Shrimp and Eggplant Jambalaya using brown basmati rice. Everyone loved it so it's now on my "keep" list.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning ladies,

coming up for air!

Cottage-got to love it when the kids come screaming in and no blood or bumps are the reason.

Cyndi-take your water bottle and try to keep cool when doing the chores.

Ruth-enjoy your time in the sewing room. Some day I hope to have one.

Nessa-good luck.

djett-

Twynn-hope your son feels better soon and you get a chance to get a rest today.

Nataliesmom-hope you get to visit with your family. We always get something up when family shows. This time it is my sisters family that is bringing it with them. Still we are going to "share" as that is what families do.

Femme-Hope your unplanned day is a blessing.

I am trying to find the vacation in summer vacation. Good busy and trying to get the chance to read as much as possible. The kids are doing well on the swim team. Sort of surprised me since this is the first year they are on one. My sister is coming in with her family so the we will be at the folks' house most of next week and busy busy with them. So glad they made the trip this year! Well I am off to get the kids up and moving to get the grandparents yards taken care of before it gets to hot I let them sleep in today until 6!!! (During the rest of the week we are already in the pool doing laps!!!)

Everyone have a great day and a safe one.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF!

Cottage: Good morning! I imagine the girls were adorable squealing over their produce. It's great that you and Cindy are getting them into it early. It's such a satisfying thing to eat something you grew.

Cyndi: Wow, I would enjoy to have Fridays off, but I really do use up my vacation time going to visit the fam. Enjoy stretching them out this summer!

Ruth: Sorry your Thursday wasn't so great. I bet Disney was terrified with you being gone during the storm! Hope your Friday is much better. Enjoy dreaming in quilt land. I've been dreaming in crochet land and I think there will be some fun projects in my future.

Nessa: Good luck with your procedure today. I'm sure it will all go well.

djett: We've been going through the same thing lately, just in a bit of a funk with food. Good thing you're getting that freezer. I bet things will be a lot easier once its fully stocked.

Twynn: I hope your short work day results in some rest for you and DS. I hope he gets better soon!

Natalie'sMom: I hope your girls feel better soon and that they get to go see their relatives tonight. I hope that you're getting some rest as well.

Cat: Your dinner last night sounds like it was delish. Too bad my DH is allergic to shrimp. You'll have to let us know what dish you cook up tonight!

phxsunflower: I would love to be able to do laps in the morning. Maybe one day DH will let me get a pool! Enjoy your time with your sister's family. I hope you get some real vacation time soon.

Me: Well, the hearings are over and I should just have the last little bit of paperwork to do today. Thank goodness. It was a rough year this year and we have to have a second set of hearings in July, so this isn't the last of it. I'll be glad when August is here. (Although I've discovered that from August to February I'll be out of town one week a month for work. Sigh.)

Things are going pretty well at home - just falling back into our old routine. I need to get back on the exercise wagon and clean up my eating a bit, but I'm still losing, so at least there's that.

Tonight we're planning on some lemon-basil chicken for dinner and then DH has some special shows to watch and I'll start with the weekend housework so that we can have more free time this weekend. I've been doing that the past few "free" weekends and I really love having my Saturdays and Sundays free to do yard work and hang out rather than clean and do laundry.

Well, off to work. It feels good to finally be posting personals again!

~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 06-27-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!!! Happy Friday!!!

Cottage - Sorry that the heat is so bad for you all back east....I hope the pool is a relief. The picture you painted w/ your girls coming in being so excited about the garden was precious! How fun!

Cyndi - Ah the joys of a 4 day work week. Here's to getting all of your chores done.

Ruth - So sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. I hope it clears up and that you regain some of your peace today.

Nessa - Said a prayer that all is well and you are comfortable (as can be ).

djett - Good job planning agian. Congrats on getting the freezer, it should serve you well.

twynnb - Hope your son's feeling better.

Nat's mom - I hope your kids get better so you can see family....or can't dh take care of them while you visit??? Just a thought. Have fun with your trainer today.

Cat - Morning sunshine! Glad to hear that all is well! Hope you have a great Friday!

phxsunflower - Swim team sounds like a great way to spend the summer. And perfect exercise....great job!

Kim - Sorry to hear that the hearings were rough. I hope the ones in July are a bit more tame. Enjoy cleaning tonight knowing fun is in the forecast for the weekend!

Me - Walking around Disneyland was great yesterday. It was not really crowded and we got on a lot of fun rides. Last nights dinner was really yummy (chicken, mushrooms, swiss chard, & ww penne). Nice and light. Today I'm off to the chiropractor and then this evening we're over to our friends to finish watching the Bachlor that they've been saving on their TIVO. Not much planned for the weekend, I think we're going to play it by ear.
Have a fantastic Friday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good news here... nothing more than some internal hemorrhoids...

ate at IHOP for breakfast
going to the comfy couch to nap a bit.
Closed Thread