Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Unhappy I can't beleive its gotten to this point

I offically realize I am fat. I think I have been there for a while and I have been in total denial about it. My clothes kept getting tighter and my face fatter and the scale was rising, but I wasn't obese yet. Weeeellll, its happened and I am not goling to take and I almost cried in the dressing room. I am no longer a 16 I am an 18, and this is the largest I have ever been.
I am really hating myself about this and I am going to get myself in control one meal at a time. I asked my DH why he didn't tell, and he said I thought I knew, but I was blind and stupid.
I will start today by not getting a coffee when I pick up the kids and drink all my water. Here I go for the last and final frontier!!!!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #2  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Good luck! And a lot of people are in denial about their weight, especially as they're gaining it and even when clothes are getting tighter and tighter. The good news is now that you realize you need to make some changes, you can... make those changes! Good luck
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

It's okay; realization is the first step to repair.
I was in complete denial about my weight for quite awhile myself. I got to the point where none of my clothes fit me but I still kept saying they probably shrunk in the dryer. I bought increasingly bigger sizes yet they still kept "shrinking"

Don't start hating yourself... you can fix it. As soon as you see number on the scale going down, you'll get more and more motivated and excited.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

That's exactly where I was (except I switched to men's jeans so I wouldn't have to "officially" be an 18 - then those had to start getting too tight too before I hit the "enough is enough" stage ). So now you recognize it's not going to magically stop happening on it's own that's the most important step! You've got tons of friends at 3FC that will help you make the rest of the steps.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #5  
Back at square one

S/C/G: 218/218/160

Height: 5'7"

Girl, don't worry! Just stay on track and keep drinking that water and get working! I had the same epiphany when I tried on a pair of pants in a size 14.

It was a sad, sad day in GAP.
Bonita Applebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

That's about where I started too, and now I've lost a little over 20#. You can do it! Congrats for starting!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

scrappin, I was wearing a size 20 jeans and a 2X shirt when I started my weight loss journey. My DH never said a negative word about my weight. I guess he figured I knew. Of course I don't blame him cause I would have been furious if he had mentioned my increasing size.

Good job on becoming focused on getting healthier and taking back control. I wish you all the best.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm another member of the denial club. Wasn't weighing myself, didn't have a full length mirror, wore stretchy pants. I still *felt* thin, especially in big floppy shirts (and I wore them a *lot*). I still feel thinner than I am. I'm working on catching up to my self-image!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Thank u to everyone for your kind and supportive words. I will be taking everyone up the offer for support.
HUGS
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Nightengale's comment: I was in complete denial about my weight for quite awhile myself. I got to the point where none of my clothes fit me but I still kept saying they probably shrunk in the dryer. I bought increasingly bigger sizes yet they still kept "shrinking"
is ABSOLUTELY what I've been saying to myself this year. It was only when I went on the myshape website and entered in my measurements to get my clothing size and discovered I was wearing sizes 14 and 16 that I understood why those size 10 and 12 jeans weren't fitting any more. This was a huge and frightening reality check. Both my parents were overweight and unhealthy and died of cancer in their early to mid 60s. Being overweight is a risk factor for a lot of cancers (especially in women). I'm about to turn 50 and must turn this weight gain around before it gets even more difficult to lose.
You know you're not in Denial anymore when you're on a website called 3fatchicks! I guess that's the first step down the yellow brick road...
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I think we all were in that situation, I was for sure. I had to go and get another pair of jeans sometime last October or November because the previous pair got too tight. And still it took me until the end of January to start doing something about it. But such is life. The important thing is we are now dedicated to weight loss and a healthy life style. Have fun on your weight loss journey - I have to say I am truly enjoying mine - I would have never done so well without 3FC and the chickies.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #12  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
It's okay; realization is the first step to repair.
I was in complete denial about my weight for quite awhile myself. I got to the point where none of my clothes fit me but I still kept saying they probably shrunk in the dryer. I bought increasingly bigger sizes yet they still kept "shrinking"

Don't start hating yourself... you can fix it. As soon as you see number on the scale going down, you'll get more and more motivated and excited.
I agree!

And what's up with all these dryers with the super high heat that shrink clothes the way they do!!!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #13  
Supporter

S/C/G: 196/154/147

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinRN View Post
....I asked my DH why he didn't tell, and he said I thought I knew.....
"DH"? Darling husband? If so, take it from me, there is no way any husband who has got his head screwed on is going to say anything even vaguely detrimental about his wife's weight. The result doesn't bear contemplation.
AJ113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 219/212/129

Height: 5"8

Hey, I am right with you! I always thought I was just a little chubby. Three years without weighing myself, knowing I gained a "little" weight...( I was 160 in high school and thought I still was...) I was over 200! Obese! It is good that we realized we are actually fat and can't just eat whatever we want and lose weight, we will just keep gaining.
LukesMommy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #15  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
I'm another member of the denial club. Wasn't weighing myself, didn't have a full length mirror, wore stretchy pants. I still *felt* thin, especially in big floppy shirts (and I wore them a *lot*). I still feel thinner than I am. I'm working on catching up to my self-image!
I'm all for the full length mirrors, too. They help to keep me in control. I have put full length door mirrors in the bedroom and bathroom.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote