Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 Something Chat Thursday 6/26

Checking in real quick, gotta go answer phones at church this morning.

Ate kinda regularly yesterday except for the fact I didn't eat lunch til4pm and by then I was so hungry I took the kids to McD's and didn't bring my own food so I caved. But stress was a big factor in that yesterday. Today my schedule is looking hairy so hopefully I can keep on track today. AF has really tortured me this week. I am soooooo drained, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. After chasing all the kids yesterday I couldn't bring myself to workout, and that stinks cause I love my workout time.

Ok, I'll check in later, probably a lot later.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Trish, Ugh, that's rough. I have a hard time being good if we go to McD's.

Lisa, hope you got some rest after SC day!

GracesMom,

Karen, Ugh, poor Cassie. Hope she's walking on it today. Maybe she'll forget overnight and just get up and go? Glad Alex is doing better.

SSDD here, kinda slow week. today. Have a good one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. My eating is so bad it doesn't bear talking about. I was up most of the night. Cass woke up about 3:30 and just cried and whimpered. I gave her more Motrin (and Lordy she fights it. If any of you moms have medicine tricks, please tell me!) and ended up sitting up with her 'til after 7. I'm exhausted. She still cries when she bears weight and won't walk. Sigh.

I hope you all are having a much better day than I am!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

hi all...well, my first week on ww and it was a 2.2 loss...i wasnt perfect so i was happy. my aim is to stick to the plan better this week and shoot for 3. hope all the liitle ones are feeling better...i had mine both at the dr for cold/flu stuff but nothing major. we leave 2morrow for NY to visit the in laws...hopefully Allicen does well on the 6hr trip...Nate will be fine...he loves to go see everyone...I am going to clean up the house, laundry and pack today and try to squeeze in a pilates video...we will see how it goes. Take care all! Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #5  
KAR

Morning,
Just a quick note to say hi! I ended up with a nose bleed last night over dinner. I don't know why I had got one. But since I have had it, my head has been killing me. I took BC powder last night. Then this morning, I took two exceridn miragaine. It has let up some but not much. So if it is not better, by tomorrow I think I will go to the doctor. Doesn't help that my dh was an idiot last night after coming to bed. He woke up me to argure with me and then cuddles with me this morning. Doesn't make any sense! Now trying his darnest to get on my good side again. Must know that he messed up big time. Well I don't think I will be putting in a workout today with the way I feel. So I am just hoping that my eating will be fine.
Karen, I am glad to hear that Alex is feeling much better. Just hope that Cassie starts to walk around some for you. If it is one of them, it is the both of them huh. Sorry to hear that your day is not going well. Hope you are able to get some rest sometime.
Lisa, sounds like you had a long day yesterday. Hope you are able to rest sometime.
Trish, hopefully today goes better for you. Atleast you don't have 7 kids to take care of today do you? AF always has a way of torturing me anymore. So I hope that you make it through her visit without too many problems.
Hi to everyone else. I am off to take a shower and see how I feel after that. I am hoping that I can muster the energy to go get my oil filter fixed.
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  
KAR

Erin congrats on your loss! Way to go! Keep up the good work! I think you have a realistic goal for the coming week and will reach it.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #7  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone, some days it really amazes me how the time change works on this forum, 8 am here and some of you ladies have been up for hours! It's silly, but makes me feel like I need to get off my butt.

I feel just kind of tired and down today, I think I need a break from the constant whining...my mom is going to watch the kids tonight, maybe I will be more enthused tomorrow. It is beautiful outside right now, I might bike down to the park with the kids for my workout today. I have been doing really well with my sticker-chart, but am super-sore from my pilates the past 2 days. Biking would give my body a break I think. I started sticker chart on monday, I think I will make mondays my "weigh-in" day.

Erin, Way to go on your loss! I'm sure you can meet your goal for next week. Good luck with your car ride, my DD traveled well at the same age as your Allicen. We invested in one of those portable DVD players for DS and it has been a life-saver on long car rides when he gets antsy, throw in Thomas or Bob-the-Builder and he's happy.

Kerry, Sending good brain vibes your way! I may be totally paranoid, but random nosebleed followed by massive headache would make me nervous. Our clinic has an advice nurse you can call and then you wouldn't have to go in. Is there that sort of a thing where you are? Maybe you could call today and wouldn't have to pay or take the time to go in...at least they could tell you when to start worrying. I hope you feel better.

Karen, I am so sorry to hear about Cass. I keep waiting for DD to fall off the slide at our house. How old is she? When I give my kids medicine I always use the syringe thing and we talk about only one more...it will help you feel better...no more owies...and if in a pinch, a couple chocolate chips afterwards usually helps I hope it starts getting better today.

DD just woke up...more later.

Last edited by mamatoni; 06-26-2008 at 12:35 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen, My kids must be weird, they both take meds no problem. Actually, Robby used to give me a hard time as a baby. Figured it was because of when he was in the hospital as a baby. And that horrible Pepcid or whatever it was they gave him for Reflux. Peter thinks it's a darn treat. Do you use a syringe? I do, still do most of the time.

Kerry, I would be at the drs., or walk-in clinic today, especially if this is out of the ordinary for you! :hugs:

Toni, mom's time out is always good! Even if it's grocery shopping by yourself!

Erin, Congrats on the loss! Where in NY are your Inlaws?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #9  
KAR

I am feeling much better now. So I don't know what was wrong with me. Dh and I went out to lunch at the Mexican restuarant for their lunch buffet. I only had two plates. I had a small taco salad w/lettuce, meat, tomatoes, green peppers and cheese;a spoonful of rice and then some chicken mixed in with peppers,onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Very good! So I was very proud of myself for not overeating at a buffet. Then we went and got sunglasses at the eye doctor's. I got a pair of non-prescription ones and ordered a pair with my prescription in it. So now I came home and put my contacts in. I haven't worn them in like 8 months. But it was always easier to throw the glasses on and go. So now I am waiting for the sun to come out so I can wear my new sunglasses.
Toni, enjoy your me time this evening. What do you think you will do? Enjoy your bike ride with the kids.
Lauren, thanks for the hugs. I really needed them. I feel better now. No more headache. So I wonder if it was from mowing the grass the day before and allegries or whatever. Hope you are enjoying your day!
Hi to everyone else. Hope your day is going well!
Later,
Kerry
Old 06-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Hi again, just got back from bike with kids, DH inflated the tires on my bike all the way, man that makes a difference! I think I will either sand the trim for the other half of our upstairs or wash the outside of our upper windows tonight with my "me" time. Pretty pathetic me-time, but I REALLY want the trim back on the windows, it has been off for 10 months! I think I just want time where i don't have to answer the incessant questions of a typical 3-year-old boy. I love him to pieces, but he drives me batty sometimes.

Kerry, I am so glad your head is feeling better, I was worried!

Lauren, what is SSDD? hope you're having a good day

Trish, hugs for getting through your crazy day with the kids and AF, hope today goes better for you.

Everyone else, hope you're having a good day!

Last edited by mamatoni; 06-26-2008 at 06:15 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #11  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good evening ladies........

KarenK did they tell you if she had muscle damage or tendons? Sometimes damage like that can be worse than a break. It takes a while to get over it.

Erin congrats on your loss.

Hope everyone is well. Hope everyone's family is well.

Well I got a call from my daughter she was crying saying she wanted to come home. Apparently she got into it with her nana. Then I ended up getting into it with her nana. Her nana hung up on me two times.

Then daughter calls me back and she is hysterical screaming she wants to come home. I was so upset and pissed. Do you know how hard it is to have your child in California upset while you are in Texas? I just felt helpless. So needless to say she will be flying home in a couple of days. I had a bad feeling before she left. I should have trusted my instincts.

Well talk to you ladies later.......
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I ended up working 2.5 hours after my scheduled shift. Boy am I tired. I am going to bed early tonight.

At our morning meeting, they anounced that Petites was up 120% and Womens was up 104%. no wonder I was tired!!

Sorry, just wanted to say hi, cant respond to anyone.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

YO GG (aka: supervet)... quick question for you regarding our kitty. The guy is really big. He's always been a really big cat; not fat, just big. We've never worried about his size since our vet has always said that he's healthy (approximately 22+ lbs.) in spite of how large he is. I decided to start limiting his food intake and have been giving 1/2 c. of dry food once a day. Here it is six weeks later and he's still the same size. He's super, super, super laid back and I'm now wondering if maybe he has a thryoid problem??? Any advice you can give is appreciated ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote