Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Talking Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

Ok here it is - everyone is welcome. Post often - expect feedback. Enjoy the support! Vent, complain, praise, cheer about everything! We know that while we're on this journey to get fit, thin and healthy that there is a lot more going on then just food!

This challenge will run until September 1st - Labor Day - in which we will celebrate or victories of how hard we've WORKED!

So to start this challenge I want to know what is your starting point (weight, size etc.)? What is your ultimate goal? What is your goal for the next 10 weeks? What do you need most from your support network? (cheering, support, a listening ear, butt kicking, etc.)

I look forward to seeing everyone here!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #2  

Hello girls! Here I am. Since I figured I wanted to know everyone's stats I'd start w/ mine:

Currently I'm at #196.4 a size 14/16 bottom and 10/12 top.
My Ultimate goal is to be #125-#130 I have NO idea what size that will be, since I've NEVER been that small before. My first goal is to be a size 8 so that Shari will come see me
My goal for this challenge is to lose #1.2 a month in order to hit my Christmas goal - so in 10 weeks I want to be down #12, which would put me at #184.4. I'm going to push for more - but definately hit that!
The biggest thing I need here is a listening ear. I need to vent and bi**h. If you think that I'm wrong in whatever it is that I'm talking about - TELL ME!! I'm a strong willed person, and get along best with people that don't coddle, beat around the bush, or just agree to avoid confrontation. I'm a big enough person to know that I can be wrong. Be big enough for me to tell me that!

Ok I guess that's all for now I was sick all day yesterday, and I'm not 100% today either. *ugh* :sick: so I'm going to take it easy and attempt to flush whatever's in me out with a swimming pool of water (without the chlorine!)

& Girls - we're here for another one!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

Eny,

I am in for the Labor Day challenge. I am 208 this morning and my goal for Labor Day is to be down 15 pounds, that would be 193. I would love to get over the hump I am stuck behind, seems I cannot move below 200#.

ttyl
Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #4  

Welcome Lisa! I'm glad you're here!

I forgot to mention above, that my official weigh in day is Mondays - which works out well for this challenge since Labor Day's on a Monday. So I'll post my official challenge weigh in Monday. The #196.4 was last week - hopefully it's down! :

Last edited by Enygirl; 06-21-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #5  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies I would Love to join you. Im hoping that by Labor day I can successfuly be in Onederland! Enygirl i see that you are from flint. I live in Toledo, OH. Weigh in days used to be on Monday, But i have moved them to tuesday. Currently my weight is 220... my ticker lies since i gained last week and i refuse to move it up. That means at LEAST 20bs to labor day but im hoping for more. I had a baby shower yesterday that was catered by a BBQ place and over the weekend i have 2 highschool grad parties, 1 college grad party, and 2 more baby showers so wish me luck on not overindulging on food.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  

Default I am in!!

I totally need a challenge right now! I am new to this site...my name is Holly
I would like to lose 25 lbs by Labour day! I know that is a big goal but I have a lot of weight to lose so I should be able to do it!

My starting weight is 287lbs (it may be more as I just had a really bad week) and my weigh in's are on Thursday mornings.

I am really going to apply myself to this challenge so I hope to get to know everyone!!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

count me in.... 15# by labor day... that should put me about half way to my goal from where i am... awesome!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #8  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies....I'm in for labor day. This challenge comes at a great time, because i struggle with my diet during summer. too many bbq's and sitting around a fire pit drinking beer I currently am 216 and would like to lose at least 16 pounds so I can be in the hundreds....official weigh in day is Monday morning

Good luck everyone
Old 06-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #9  

I am SO exited to see all of you that have Joined!!! Just remember - WE'VE GOT TO WORK!!! We can do it - we WILL do it!!!

Here's what I see so far:
Eny ~ #12
Lisa ~ #15
Candy ~#20
Holly ~#25
DANCING ~ #15
Nikki ~ #16
Shay ~ #20
Sarah ~ #15
Shari ~ #

This are ABSOLUTELY ATTAINABLE GIRLS!!! We can do this!!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 06-22-2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: adding people to the challenge.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #10  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I'm in! I fizzled out quick on the summer challenge but I am up for this one. I hope to lose 20 lbs by Labor Day.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello all!

I would like to also participate in this. It will be my first support group challenge

This morning I weighed 219 because of TOM. My weigh in days will be on Friday's. My size is 16/18 in pants and my shirts vary sizes.

I would like to lose 15-20 pounds by Labor Day. I would like to achieve deflating my belly and toning. And to forever give up diet soda. Also to expand stores to shop at instead of Lane Bryant and Old Navy!

I think by participating and seeing achievements by others it will motivate me to keep going

Sarah

Last edited by Sarah Mac; 06-21-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:21 AM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi Enylove! You have no idea how much you made my day, you mentioned me in your post. I feel special. Love you!

to all our newbies! Looks like the challenge is starting off strong, I hope it stays that way.

Ugh, death seems to be following my loved ones lately. First my BFF's grandpa early this week and now my cousins' older sister (on their dad's side) was murdered. I didn't know her or their dad but my heart aches for them. R.I.P Ebony.

Sorry to start the challenge on such a dark note.

I WI on Tuesday so Tuesday I'll post my goals and such.

Peace.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #13  

Shay, Sarah & Shari It's GREAT to see some new faces mixed in with the old ones! We're Going to WORK! I'm feeling 100% today - so it's back into gear for me! I'm mixing up the exercise - I get bored too easily. I do GREAT on one program for about a week, then fizzle out... Hopefully by mixing it up a bit I can stay focused longer.

Shari - I'm sorry to hear of all the saddness. I'm having a rough time right now. Tomorrow is the official divorce date for me.. and as much I want this, and want it to be over it still hurts a little - and I feel like a failure a little - regardless of the @ss that he is. It's tough. Especially since my lil sis' BFF's bridal shower was yesterday, and her wedding is this comeing Saturday. I do have to say though - I have a KILLER dress picked out to wear.

Now where is Baby?????
Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #14  

Hey everyone!
Enygirl...my thoughts are with you one your divorce date! hang in there.

I also have realized I need to mix up my workouts...here is what I am doing...

Run and jog video
turbo Jam
Walking outside
Treadmill
and Biking maybe?

I hope this will help me stay interested in it!

Have had a 100% day here also! My fiance came home and I am outta my funk.Ready to get my healthy life started and taking it one day at a time!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!

I am so sorry about the deaths in your life JasonsLea. Just make sure to stay strong and be there for everyone who was affected

I have been watching Lifetime movies all morning because it is what I do during the TOM. I usually hate watching this channel but I guess when the hormones are crazy I drift towards Lifetime movies lol.

I won't be able to go to the gym until Thursday blah. Parents left town, so I will have to do workouts from Workout on demand. Luckily I have a stationary bike, treadmill, and a basic total gym at my parent's house. I would take the dogs out for a walk but their new booties haven't come in! We live on an island so we have those stickers that are just a killer when you step on one and neither of my dogs like their feet to be touched :/

Hopefully everyone is having a beautiful morning!
Closed Thread