Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #1  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Default South Beach v. Fat Smash

Hi all. I'm a calorie counter, and have been struggling with my plan/attitude for a couple of weeks now. I have a bit more time now that it's summer (student), so I've been a little bored, and when I'm bored I snack. I'm taking up a couple of hobbies, but one hobbie I want to have over the summer is to utilize either the South Beach or the Fat Smash diet. I know that I can get through the first phase over the summer for either of them, and I plan to follow all the other phases as well. I was reluctant to follow either of these in the past, since they restrict wine, but I really want to lose the weight now more than I want my evening glass of wine, so I'm ready. I was wondering, for all of you that are on either of these plans, what made you choose one over the other? I've read a bit about each of them on Web MD, and plan to buy one of the books once I get a little input from anyone out there. Can anyone tell me about your failures or successes? Your likes and dislikes? Thanks all, and the best of luck to you today!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

on SBD you can have 1-2 4 oz glasses of wine with or after a meal once a day beginning in phase 2.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't know anything about Fat Smash, but I'm sold on South Beach. I have lost the stubborn weight that was so hard to get rid of on other diets. (Belly fat) I am eating a lot healthier than I was previously. Using nuts & oils that I was always afraid to incorporate. I eat a lot more veggies. The SB forum here is great & is probably responsible for me sticking with this. The book was a little vague about stuff, but with the advice & support here, plus the recipes, it's been a breeze for me.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #4  

I'll have an answer for you a week from this coming Tuesday.

I've been doing SBD for some time now. It does work if you are committed to it. But I've decided to give up drinking wine on a regular basis. I'm also getting rid of the red meat, too. That is what led me to Fat Smash. I got both books (Fat Smash and Extreme Fat Smash) from the library yesterday. On Sunday, I'm starting the detox phase. At the end of it, I'll decide if I want to continue in Phase 2 SBD (minus the red meat) or move into Phase 2 Fat Smash (minus the red meat).
cmichele1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #5  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Thanks you guys!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote