Old 06-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 Something Chat Wednesday 6/25

Hi chicks!

I've been up for a while and the kids are still sleeping, unusual. I decided this would be a good time to post. I've got my 7 yr old niece today and a little preschool friend of Kylees to add in to the mix this morning, we had a sleep over and no one got to bed before 1am, except my DH. Now I hear theres rain coming in, Whoo Hoo! Ought to be a great day with 7 kids running through the house at top speed! Lets all keep our fingers crossed that the rain holds off until 5pm,K?

fergi, listen sweets, I have a family that gets very upset with me because I do not buy "the good stuff", from time to time. Actually they don't so much anymore, I've told them I do the cooking of the food and the cleaning up of the food, therefore I do the choosing of the food. If its something special for someone in particular I can and do make an exception. Like if older DD is having friends over or something. I have explained to my DH how hard it is for me to have lets say, anything chocolate (I could go on and on here), in the house because I am an emotional and stressful eater. I can say I won't go there but if I know its in the house and I start freaking out, which trusts me in this house pretty much happens Every Day!! I'm stuffing it down my throat without a thought until its gone and then, well I'm sure you know how you feel after that. So if he really wants cookies or something he'll ask me if thats ok and I buy or make only what he'll eat in a day or two. If you haven't talked to him yet about support, talk to him again, and if you have to again and again. It took my husband seeing his blood tests results (cholesterol and triglycerides) to really listen to me and to come over to my way of thinking, he's not overweight (that really is no fair), but his levels weren't good, but guess what, now they are! So hang tough and enlist your family to help, or draft them, whatever it takes.

Well now that I've gone off on a rant I'll call it a morning and go fix some whole wheat waffles for breakfast. Have a great day chicks!

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all....thanks for all the good wishes...i did have a better day yesterday. It went fairly smoothly. Today is a day off for me. Which is nice. Waiting on dh and the we are taking the mutt up the mouuntain. This seems to be our thing lately. We really like it. Don't have much else planned...other than riding the pony later. Just thought i'd stop i and say hi.

Check back later!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Karen, we went to Wild West City a couple years ago for a fund raiser. It was kind of boring, and light rain that day, so the kids spent most of the time in this jumpy thing that they rented. Were there a lot of people there? It was a lot busier when I was a kid! That's how long it's been there!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #4  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning all and hope everyone has a great day.

It is suppose to rain all day today. It has rained at least once a day for the past week. I guess it is better than none at all.

Trish I have come to understand that if I am going to lose the weight the only person I can rely on is myself. My husband is 6ft 3in and weighs 350lbs. He is built like a lineman on the football team. He has been that size since forever. He complains all the time about he needs to lose weight. He will work on it but then quit. His thing is I will start Monday. Well that Monday never comes. So I am stuck. I told him last night if that was a way to get out of going grocery shopping in the future because he did a good job. So needless to say I will start going by myself. I usually don't by all that sweet stuff to begin with. My kids get fruit, granola bars, and 100 calorie snacks. The only time the get the other stuff is when he goes shopping with us and they ask him. They know not not to ask me. He won't go to the gym with me. He said he can do his work outs at home. Yeah that is happening.

I have enjoyed this sight because I get the support I need from here. Everyone seems to understand what everyone else is going through.

Well enough of my ranting as well. Yall have a goood and productive day. Hope the rain holds off.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #5  
KAR

Morning My Little Chickdees,
Hope everyone has a wonderful Wedsnesday! It's Hump Day! Can't believe it is the middle of the week already. Plus here next week, I will have been out of school for a whole month already. Time sure does fly any more, Doesn't it?
Nothing major planned for today. I have to get my workout in, get ready for the day and then go get three estimates to get my van fixed. So those are my big exciting plans for the day. I was in bed by 10 last night. Slept for a little while and then was up again at 12 for about an hour or hour and half. Then slept off and on after that until my dh's alarm went off at 8.
Trish I can relate to your rant as you put it. My dh was a negative supporter of my weight loss journey. Then when one of his friend's called him fat, and he was getting tired all the time, guess what? He now is trying to lose some of his gut that his has developed from turning 40 last year and thinking that he can still drink the beer like he is in his 20's. So it has been helpful this time to have him on my side so to speak. Plus his kids' doctor has told him and their mom that they need to lose weight. My one sds is 165 pounds already and only 10. The other 10 year old is only 100 pounds. My sdd is 201 at 12. Very sad! I noticed that I might be a little heavier than she is but my body is not as big looking as her's is. Does that make sense? Her upper arms are just huge and round. I have tried gently talking to her about it and saying that you need to work on tighten up your arm muscles, but she thinks that I am picking on her. Thanks to her mom's way of thinking. Sorry to go off on my little rant. Hope that your day is a good one with that many kids at your house. I hope that it doesn't rain until after the two additions go home.
Patricia, enjoy your day off! Glad that you had a good day at work yesterday. Enjoy your walk and ride later! Sounds like after Monday, you need some me time!
Fergi, sounds like you have a good plan for getting to the gym more by moving to one closer to home. You might want to also try this, slowly introduce them to good healthy foods and cut out the bad stuff slowly too. Then eventually they won't want the junk! Hope you have a good day!
Erin, hope that your little one is feeling better today! Did she put up much a fight for long last night about going to bed? That is cute about your little boy playing with the trains. My best friend's little boy is 1 1/2 and loves trains. He is so cute when he plays with his trains. Hope you have a good day! Is it tomorrow that you go to WW's? Hope your weigh in is a good one! Don't do anything stupid like mow the yard before going in to weigh in. My dh even told me not to mow the yard yesterday to let him do it because of my weigh in and I am like no I want the excerise. My bad!
Toni, hope you have a wonderful day! I loved your story about listening to the rain on the metal roof. I bet that sounds neat. Any big plans to go for a bike ride with the kids soon?
Lauren how was the weather yesterday? Hope your day is going well!
Karen sounds like you had a fun vacation. Enjoy cleaning up from it and resting from it. I got a kick out of Cass joining the big kids out in the street.
Hope you are able to get some Karen time in today?
Hi to everyone else. Hope that your day is going well so far. I am off to do a workout now. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #6  

the walk was nice....and the mutt is nice and tired now.

I think we are all here on this site to find the support we need. I have issues that my husband is very supportive but has the opposite problem i do. Since we've move to Atlanta 9 months ago..he's lost 30 lbs and is now at 129. He complains he's faling out of his clothes and we dont' have a lot of extra money to buy them right now (he's in school). So he wants to gain more. So we're tyring to find ways to help each other out. He needs to eat more and i need to eat less LOL. Luckily he's supportive, we just have opposite needs. VEry frustrating for someone who wants to loose wt so bad.
But i think that this site allows us to vent and get over our issues without taking it out on our loved ones (:
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning guys. Well, we woke up to crying and screaming coming from Alex's room this AM...He had thrown up all over himself. Ugh. Then the poops set in. Poor boy. That meant that I was at the grocery by 6:30 so I could go while DH was still home. I had to go get a few things for dinner.

He seems to be feeling better now, but he still hasn't eaten. I've been giving him Gatorade.

OK, off to rotate the laundry. Fun, fun, fun around here!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #8  
KAR

Well I tried out Billy Blanks Lower Body Bootcamp this morning. It is suppose to be 45 minutes long. I got through until minute 27. Then I could do any more. I feel like puking. But I guess I should be proud of myself for making it this far. I only thought I would get to minute 10 or 15. So I guess I will build myself up to doing the whole thing. After I get my shower it is off to find the body shop's in town and get estimates.
Karen I hope that your little boy feels better. I know that it is no funny to being sick during the summer. I hope that he can eat something soon. Have fun with the laundry.
Hope everyone else is having a good day! Off to the shower I go.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Oh Karen! Poor Alex! Hope it was a fluke and he's OK!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning!

Karen, your poor LO!! I hope he feels better soon so you both can enjoy the day.

Kerry, congrats on getting so far in your work out!! I have an abs DVD that has a 10 minute "boot camp abs", I congratulate myself if I make it through half. Makes me wonder how people make it through actual boot camp. They probably do a lot of puking. Hope you get low estimates on your van, especially with gas costing as much as it does, it's hard to spend even more on a vehicle. I am trying to be more realistic with the destinations I pick to bike to, we might go to the park down the road, but it isn't that far away. I find I do better biking if I have a destination, I need to find one a medium distance away.

GG, glad you had a better day yesterday and a good walk this morning. Enjoy the rest of your day off.

Fergi, I totally agree about the support on here, it keeps me going some days. Especially when DH grumbles b/c he has to watch the kids for 30 min so I can go for a run. I don't get it, he benefits if I am in better shape. Doesn't he want a more fit and attractive wife?

Trish, sounds like a wild and crazy day! Will keep my fingers crossed on that rain and that all goes well.

Kids got up cranky today, I hope things improve. I am going to try and meet a friend at the farmer's market for lunch, maybe get a load of water (we haul our own...MAJOR pain, I would kill for a well). Potty-training DD is going pretty well, she pooped on the floor right in front of her little potty yesterday, she was so proud of herself, brought me in to show me. It was super-cute. Hope you guys have a good day.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #11  

karen sorry to hear about your son.

Kar-great job on working out...even if you can't do the whole workout...its a start and good for you!!!!!!!!!

toni- i love farmer's markets...we have one locally however i usually work saturdays so don't get to go much...but have been a few times and it was a great deal and awesome finds!!!

alright all..i'm off to the book store...check back later
Old 06-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #12  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Hey Girls,

I am a 3FC newbie. I decided to join as I need a little support in losing 25lbs. Not a huge amount but I feel like I am just not getting round to actually doing anything about it.

I am 5 foot nothing and 145lbs at the moment. The weight is left over from pregnancy, my daughter is now 16 months. I live in the Midwest with my darling husband and our doggie.

I suppose that I am looking for new friends and some accountability. I have read the forums quite a bit before posting and everyone seems supportive and knowledgeable.

Looking forward to getting to know you,
Grace's mommy
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:16 PM   #13  
KAR

Welcome Grace's mommy! We are glad that you found us. You will get a long of support and meet new friends here. That is for sure! Glad you joined us. Welcome again!
Hi to everyone else. I just got back from the body shops. I went to three that my insurance company recommended. At the first one, he very even gave me a copy of his estimate. Didn't really take the time to look at my van. The other two they took their time and gave me a copy of their estimate. One is for $864 and the other is for $1,175. Didn't know that my damage would cost that much. My brain is on overload right now. So I think I might just go take me a short little nap.
I will check back in with you all later. Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!
Later,
Kerry
Old 06-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

hi gracesmommy...I know the feeling...it took me two years to rid myself of the first pregnancy weight, now at 3 months after the second I am going to get right on it...I hope all the little ones are feeling better...mine are on their way...I just hate when their sick...I accidently posted on Tuesday first but to recap...WW weigh in tomorrow. we shall see...take care all Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #15  

oh my gosh the air here is horrible!!...look at this link...its a map of california and where the fires are....im in santa rosa...you can see they are all in northern california...here is the link

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...lifornia_fires

here is the link for the more local fires...the closest is only about an hour away...looks farther to me on the map but its not

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...t__Local_fires

i have to make this super quick...i am so behind and late on my afternoon things that need to be done....

to everyone who has sick little ones - i hope they get better very soon!

everyone else - HI have a wonderful evening!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote