South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday "Coffee" and Chat

Coffee is in quotes because I know some of you don't drink the stuff. Good! More for me!

The deck is dry again this morning so I didn't have to cope with eight wet paws charging in for breakfast! I've given up checking the weather forecast online and will just take it as it comes. I hate it when I see five days of forecast rain stretching ahead to the weekend.

This morning Claire, Rob and I work the Community Food Bank. The problem with small town living is that you know the folks who use the bank and it's a tad embarrassing. I wonder how many families need the food but are too ashamed to come to register for it. We have a lot of lost jobs in this area from plant closures - including Hershey in Smiths Falls.

My car woes continue! I got it back yesterday but the red battery light is still on although the battery is fine. The lads are sending to the city today for another part (alternator?) but I'm driving it in the meantime. I may put a sticker or some tape over the red light on the console.

Time for some breakfast and then a soak in the tub before I leap into my day.

Hope your Tuesday unfolds without a crease.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruth, thanks for the "coffee". Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Hope all works out and not overly expensive. Sad to think that we have people in our own communities that are hungry. You do great work Chick. Have a great day.

Me- I have been on a eating feast, all of a sudden food tastes really good. Today is the 16th day of being smoke free. Yeah me. Well gotta to dash and get breakfast for the wee ones, and make my list for my trip. We leave sat for NH.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone!!!!

Things are finally starting to settle down here after a whirlwind start to the summer. I've been ripping and roaring since school got out and not any time to post and read here, but have been missing everyone. Today looks like the first "quiet" day of the summer. Too much to do, too little time. I seem to have gotten a bladder infection (ick) so it's time to just stay home for the day and deal with it. (could have something to do with jumping into a bayou the other day in a dress!!)

I've gotten a tad off plan lately, but no weight gain and have been good for the most part (I've discovered sushi and have nearly lost my mind on the stuff). Still maintaining.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - Sorry to hear about the car. I hope you travel with jumper cables

LC - on making it to Day 16! Smell and taste will get stronger without the cigs interfering. That was a pleasant surprise for me. Where are you going in NH? We found a great campground there a few years ago (if you like away from the crowds). We're planning a trip back this summer (it is just across the river so not a big deal for us!).

I'm back to work today. It's a three day week because I had 2 last vacation days to use up. That means it's extra busy. I have provider visits this morning and tomorrow morning, my favorite part of my job. Then a meeting up north on Thursday, my least favorite part of my job. That leaves just a few hours in the office so I'm sure it will be crazy.

Have a good day!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I thought I already posted in here! I guess I just got busy, preparing Jake's supper for tonight and emptying the dishwasher.

Sorry for your car woes, Ruth. That reminded me, though, that I must make an appointment to get my car inspected and an oil change. All the rain that we're supposed to be getting must be going to you, instead. They've been calling for rain every day since Sunday, but we've had gorgeous weather.

LC, are you going to the Nascar races in NH again, this year? I hope you have a nice vacation there.

Not a whole lot going on today. I should take the girls for a haircut this morning, they need a trim before they go on vacation. We have some friends coming for a playdate this afternoon, and that will last until it's time for polo.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi Cindi, we are staying with family in Hampton. We are just going down for a few days. We are going to the race on sunday.(praying it does not rain, the forecast looks terrible), then we are planning a day at the beach and boardwalk, and Water Country if there is a few hot days. If not we will have to plan some indoor things. Then we will stop in Bangor at the doing some shopping on the way home. I can't wait to go.

Hi Cottage, we were posting at the same time. I hope we have a good time as well. Are you in the summer time swing of it yet. I am not. Yesterday was a crazy day and today is looking like more of the same already. It takes me a week to get into it.

Last edited by little chick; 06-24-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #7  

Good morning, Cyndi! I hope you have a good day at the office.

It's good to see you back, Cat! Sounds like you are enjoying your summer vacation! What on earth were you doing, jumping into the bayou in your dress? Too many bloody mary's? I hope your infection clears up quickly, eat lots of yogurt and cranberry juice.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #8  

LC, I guess I'm in the summer swing of things. It sure is playing havoc with my normal routine, though! I never know from one day to the other what the plan will be. Crazy!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cat - I know every woman has her favorite cure but here's another one. If you can get 100% cranberry juice (you will know it's the right bottle when you look at the price!) mix 1 c with 2 qts of water. If you can drink it without any sweetener that's best and it isn't too hard this diluted. There's also pill form but I don't know if that works as well.

Cottage - I knew you were out there somewhere! How are things going with the summer schedule? I think we have your rain - want it back?!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #10  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

good morning all! another bizzzy day ahead for me -- so i am just sitting holding the baby while i still can. i think it might rain here today too. but i am going to put nat in her suit for camp, just in case they get to swim.

i made the enchaladini recipe over the weekend and so i think we'll have that for dinner tonight.

i hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hello all

let's see

ruth fix the car
cat I hear blueberry juice works
LC I love NASCAR we went to Richmond and plan to go to Dover in September

hi everyone else.

ME: scale holding around 218 did aqua boot camp last night, dh is still recovering from his surgery... tonite i'm meeting friends at a very fine seafood resturant in georgetown for dinner... but i'm already on my no raw fruits and veggies, no fiber and no corn pre-colonoscopy diet... so it will be very interesting to see what I can eat...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

I'll be cooking my hiney off all day, since I slacked over the weekend. It was worth it, though, to spend time with the family. May delve into the P2 recipes and figure out what to shop for this weekend. Also, hubby is 40 today, so I plan to tease him mercilessly

Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Good Morning Ladies:
I'm finding my gastronomic balance. We had some family tragedy that gave way to a month of eating. . .well everything in sight! if it was refined it was in my mouth (and subsequently on my hips) SO ii'ts day 2 Ph 2 ish mainly I'm just staying away from bread/rice/yadda yadda oh and no diet soda. . .I lived on it last week.
Ruth I just pictured 8 dog paws politely wiping on a floor mat (wishful thinking!) It's so sad that their is stigma to needing food.
LC COngrats!!! you're doing great
Cat you can always get sashimi or brown rice sushi (at wholefoods) If you get the cranberry capsules you can open it in an ounce of water and "shoot" it. it's not bad at all
Nessa Sounds like a protien fest? Was Dh's surgery the one you were asking about?
Ok this has taken me forever to write! Darn work
Kier
Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies!!! Happy Tuesday!
Ruth - I'm sorry to hear that your car is still giving you troubles. My dh and I both have cars that have the engine light on. My car we're driving into the ground, and his, it seems that no matter how many times we take it in, the mechanic still can't figure out why the light stays on. Cars can stink sometime. I hope all goes well at the food bank today!

l/c - Congratulations on your 16 days smoke free. So glad to hear that you're starting to see benefits from it. Keep it up!!!!

Cat - So good to hear from you. Re: sushi. I LOVE the stuff, my dh swears that I could eat it every day. For me it will be a treat that I plan to eat like maybe once a couple of months, and when I'm ready to detoxt for the next couple of days. I was encouraged (however) to see brown rice sushi @ the grocery store. Unfortunately pre-made sushi just isn't the same as sitting at the bar. Boy....I might have to indulge soon.

Cyndi - Have a productive day. I hope your meetings go well, even the not so fun ones.

Cottage - Have a good day with the girls. I'm sure the playdate will be lots of fun!

Nat's Mom - Try to stay dry!

Nessa - I hope you can find food to enjoy at the restaurant tonight.

Auralei - Have fun cooking today. If you find any great recipes that aren't posted here be sure to post them.

KO - Sorry to hear you've had family drama, but glad to see you back. Keep it up!!!

ME - Is it wrong of me to say that I'm not a fan of vacations? My mandatory weeks off from school sometimes aren't as much of a blessing as I'd like. I often don't have a "playmate" and find myself at home in front of the TV. And my eating routine is way out of whack. I ate well yesterday, but I'm home all day today, I might have to get out just so I can trust myself. Tonight Rich and I are going to a restaurant opening (seafood - fine dining), it should be fantastic and I'm crossing my fingers for OP food. I hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone - hearings today and tomorrow! Hope everyone's doing great!!
Closed Thread