Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #1  

Default Loozing Floozies Rock # 35

Hello Ladies,

I hope that you keep posting so we can keep this thread on top.

Leave those treats alone and get walking.

You can do, we will help you.

What is your biggest challenge today?

I need to increase my water as it is warming up here.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Hugs to you Dee! I know how you are feeling...I've been fighting back tears for over a week now and all broke loose last night at a most unexpected inopportune time, but what's a girl to do? A good cry every now and then does help and I do think I feel a little better today. Go ahead and cry. I know we are both going to get through this! It's just going to take time.

On a "good for me" note...the cake went into the garbage! No more temptation!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #3  

Thanks Suzy, I know that you are going through the same thing as me. Just to many dam people are leaving me. Hugs to you too!

Gee you didn't even eat the icing. Good for you. Get that scale moving down.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #4  

Unhappy

to you Dee and Suzy. I've already lost all of my grandparents and several of my aunts and uncles (mainly my daddy's side). I know the time is coming when I'm going to have to say more good-byes, and I dread it.

Last edited by 4myloves; 06-19-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Hugs & prayers sent to you! Sometimes I question why we have to go through what we do... guess we should be happy that we were able to get to love the person before they had to go. Still stinks though...

Dee, you asked for a salad recipe. This sounds weird, but is really easy and yummy!
2-3 cans corn (drained)
1 c. minced celery
1 bunch green onion (minced)
1c. minced cucumber
1 small jar diced parmento
Add a dash or two of garlic salt
Mix well and then coat with CREAMY italian dressing. I use either the Kroger or Kraft brand.
Chill several hours and serve. This recipe seems to taste better as it sits and has time for the flavors to blend.
I usually makeup the amounts as I go, I prefer more onion, less cucumber in mine for example.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Happy first day of summer everyone! It's been so cold here that it doesn't even feel like summer though...I am ready for some REAL summer weather!

Gayle ~ That salad sounds yummy! I get so tired of the regular potato and macaroni salads in the summertime. Thanks!

Dee ~ The frosting was the least healthy part of that cake...a whole stick of butter, cream cheese, and lots of powdered sugar and then I sprinkled chopped walnuts mixed with brown sugar all over the top!

Tim is leaving on a business trip this morning and won't be back until Sunday, so I can cook and eat the way I want to this weekend. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so that makes it hard for dieting. I plan to be 100% OP and then some this weekend!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Just checking in today! I think you'll like the salad Suzy. I wish I could find a light creamy italian dressing though to make it more diet friendly. Honestly, once it is coated, I bet your only getting about a 2 T. serving size of the dressing anyway, depending upon how much of the mixture you eat. I will be sending prayers your way to keep the little sugar demons away so you have an OP weekend!

I am reading a book by joyce Meyer about living healthy. She gives a very no nonsense approach to some of the stuff I question in my mind about dieting. Let me finish reading it and then I will give a review, as of this point, I am pleased with what she is trying to put out there. It is an older book I picked up at the library. I never heard of her until a few weeks ago when I ran across her on television.

Big plans for the weekend?

Dee, what brand of GPS did you get Larry? I did a search and found a site about geocaching. Sure enough, there are people in this area doing it! I want to get involved, sounds like fun!!! The site suggested two different basic GPS's each one was around $100.

Cheryl, baby Stew get in his TV time this morn? I LOVE the pic you sent! You should use that for your desktop pic!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #8  

Gayle the recipe different but in a good way. I will give it a try next week.
I bought a eTrex Venture Cx made from Garmin. It is more user friendly from the computer. It is pretty acurate. It is a cheap way to have hours of fun with the kids. If you haven't been to the site here is the one we use www.geocashing.com You can read about how to get started and all kinds of info.

Suzy it is my favorite day of the year. I love the sun light. We get 16 hours 21 minutes of sunshine! It is up at 5:20 and sets at 9:41.
It has been on the cooler side here but the last few days it is in the 80's.
When I make carrot cake which isn't to often any more I can't resist the icing. Cake is good and moist but I would scrap off the icing on my piece and eat just a little cake. Less calories that way......
Enjoy your on weekend program. I am lucky Larry is ok with salad and some fish or meat.

Cheryl all my grandparents are gone, now one set of parents. I miss them dearly. It is a very difficult thing to go through. I hope that you don't have to suffer much lost in your life.

Shelley how are you doing? Are you just cooking out there? Now I know why you get up early to bike, walk or jog......it just has to be pretty hot.

We will be going out to Jay and Ash's lake this weekend. We will be staying in our trailer but enjoying meals, geocashing, jet skiing, and boating with them. They will be staying at their family cottage. It should be fun.

Since I have lots of stuff to pack and I haven't had my breakie I better get going.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Cool Dee! This was the same site I joined. There actually are several in our area. Off to find a GP thing-a-ma-gigi!!!! I have Steve talked into it!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #10  

Hey, all! I am back from Tampa. I made a wrong turn the first day and was so scared to drive anywhere after that! It was a very intense parent orientation, but I learned quite a bit.

Dee-Prayers to you. Thanks for starting a new thread. It is really hard to find us anymore on here.

Suzy-I can't believe it's still cold where you are. It is very hot and humid here. Have a good time being by yourself for a couple of days.

Gayle-I'll wait patiently for your review of the book you are reading.

Hi Cheryl and Janice!

Heading out for a run.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #11  
Losing it...again!

The geocashing is catching on around here too. We live in an area with acres and acres of state forest land, so lots of places to find treasures! One of these years when life is less hectic I would like to try it.

Today is more summerlike here. It's sunny and in the 80's, so I'm much happier! I cut the grass this morning and plan to run the weedeater, weed the flowerbeds and clean the gutters this afternoon. Lots of exercise today!

Gayle ~ I've heard a lot about Joyce Meyer and know that she is highly respected, but I've never read any of her books. Do let us know what you think of it!

About the salad recipe...could you use a FF ranch dressing in place of the italian?

Shelley ~ I'm glad that all went well at orientation! Tim put the wrong zip code into the GPS (Goes to prove they aren't fool proof! ) and ended up an hour away from where he was supposed to be. He got there just in time for the first meeting. Lucky he left early!

Dee ~ It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. Have a great time!

Last edited by SuzyMc; 06-21-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Suzy, FF ranch would probably work too. I do like the creamy italian because of the extra "zip" and spice. haven't had any luck finding a FF one though.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #13  

Gayle-Do they make a LF creamy italian?

Suzy-I would have completely freaked out being lost like that. At this old age, I am horribly scared about losing my way anywhere. Maybe I am beginning to get senile.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Happy Monday Floozies!

I spent the weekend working at pulling weeds, edging flowerbeds, trimming bushes and cutting grass and BOY do I ever feel it this morning! I over did it big time, but my yard sure looks nice!

How was your weekend?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #15  

Suzy did you stick to program? With all that work you should be done. I hope that it warmed up a bit for you. It sure did here but now the bugs and ticks are here.

Shelley glad you made it back safeley. It is so different driving in the states than here.

gayle did you go out and get a GPS? We found two cashes on the weekend. It was fun.

Got to get ready for the Y.

Have a great day ladies.
Closed Thread