Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Low Carb #31 Kicking it in high gear

K pat thanks i feel like a godess!! wearing my tiolet seat crown and using a plunger for a spectum.

well is it no 31 and i just wanted to say that we are a bit scarce here but we are still strageling in. I hope we did not lose all of us. Pam is bearly holding on for her mom is so ill. I have prayers out for her her mom and her sanity.

for me it is a juggling game for the bills tight but I do not know how else to do it. I have left me with no room for food this week comming up and have already paid some bills with the next pay check. So what else is left??? not much. live day to day and hope things work. with tons of prayers this should keep me going for a while.

as for the diet I am OP with a very small slip today DD was makeing the cake for this weekend, and well that means frosting I did taste a small amount, I am trying to be good

I have to kick things up to high gear. i will be starting work in 3 weeks and in 2 weeks i will be gone camping for a week (please hold on for me) so i have some tough times ahead and if i get a running start i should get over the hump!!

Last edited by nasus40; 06-29-2002 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2002, 05:45 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Good morning,
Yes we are a bit scarse, but we have been scarse before and things have worked out. I guess for me I have still not adjusted to teh new job which requires a longer day. I also keep adding to my day. I was thinking abouyt this the other day because I have not lost # since taking this new job. I strted lo carb about a year ago. It changed my life. ANd as I was walking pat Victoria secret yesterday I remembered one of my goals wasto purchace soemthing there. It was an eye opener. I think I need to rework and prioritze things again. I also am very slowly returnming to old ways of thinking and doing. DH has regained 1/2 the weight he took off. I will NOT go back. So time to regroup and move my buTT

Sue things will work out. You are the best . An inspiration! $ problems are the worst. I have been there too. ANd hold my breath alot. That is why buying a house is so scary. Well at least one reason. But your $ problems have prompted to do things you might not have sought out. Like starting a new business. Fixing things. Those are scary things! ANd you did them and did them well!!

Pam, Hugs and prayers to you!

Hey where is everyone else?

Check in when you can
Old 06-29-2002, 06:57 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

Pat you are right they are scary but like you said they have helped make me a stronger person. I am still planning to get the business started and make a success with it. Iknew that last time i was held back from success with financial security. but now it is in control. I always say that God tests you and if you do not learn from those tests then you will not get out of trouble. I have learned not only to do the plumbing but to get active earlier. I am excited with this. and I may even have a more successful side job!!as well. I feel this great weightlifted from my shoulders, and a stronger person.

now for not getting to goal... did you know that it is reccommended to lose only 10% of your body weight in 6 months then let your body settle for the next and then go for it again?? that is the best way to get the weight off and keep it off. the huge push that we all do so constant is not good for our body. just call this your resting and adjusting time. you had somuch more going on in your life to not concentrate on thour weight loss. now you are getting your routine down and can start to get control over your life, you can put it back in high gear. for you and your DH.

I have not lost anything in about 6 months either I had lost about 5 then gained 25 now I am back on the downward track. (I was down to 168 then went up to with water 194 now am down to 179) so you are in good company.

lets get this in high gear to make it our priority. Regain our focus, and go for the goal!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #4  

Default HELLO

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing OK??? WHEW!!!!!, WE finally are done with softball for everyone...time to spend some down time and house cleaning time.......Chelsea has her permit to drive now (EEKS!!!!)....pretty scary.....anyone have any valium????? Just joking hehehhe she really drives pretty good.....

I was OP for 2 weeks..did great the fell off it last week...but I am now back on it.....no more eating at 9:30 pm after games and then I am so hungry I just eat whatever....all done with that now...

everyone have a great week and I will talk to ya later this week, the girls are going camping with my mom and dad for 10 days so I should get plenty of computer time......

Take care,
Old 06-30-2002, 10:12 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

Hey Terri welcome back!! gald to see you back. we are all struggling in a way weter it is trying to get op ot just trying to get out of a rut. we are al here and kicking it in high gear to get moving. so grab a hold of the bus seat here cmes some bumps and a few curves and with our help we all will be still on board and going smothly in a few weeks!!
Old 07-01-2002, 10:19 PM   #6  
gbo

Well Hello Darlins'......... guess whose back!
Well my Darlins a lot of prayers have been said and I have done everything I can think of , the Doctors has done all he can and believe it or not.........she is better!!! She is eating not a large amount but between the glucerna and the food she is taking in she is doing very well. She actually ate two sandwiches and watermelon today along with three glucerna. That is wonderful.
I now know I have to concentrate on getting Mom's insurance papers and cemetary paperwork located and in order. I also have to get money ahead to cover what little burial insurance she has.
I have to be prepared. Thank God I have a bit of time. I will get everything together and arrangements made ahead of time. I have been warned. Shipping her home will be costly but it must be done so prices and arrangements need to be made , I know I will be mush and incapable at the time so while I am coherent I shall see to what must be done.
The real surprise is I have lost another two pounds inspite of it all! I have found ways to deal with stress well. EUREKA!!!!!
I hurt my back lifting Mom and was down for a week but you know it is better today and I think I shall be back to normal tomorrow so hopefully I can get some things done. I won't push as I want to keep functional but a little here and there until it feels strong again! I made a tuna pate' plate for church on Sunday and could not go myself. Still at least I could do something! Today is much better and I braved the scale to find a two pound weight loss! That kind of surprise I can really handle.
Sue Bee......Our plumbing Queen! See nothing is impossible!!!!!
You will get your business but sometimes we just get a little ahead of ourselves in our eagerness. It will all come together and when you leave the job it will be becuase you are making money in what you want to do. It will happen.
Hey Pat, I sure was nervous when we bought this house. Financial problems are a nightmare for sure. Wisedom with finances shapens drastically after a long haul but all works to the good in the end even though it far from feels that way at the time.
As well as I know that I am here to tell you as you all well know....
I am only human!!!!!!! God, I love that freedom. I do the best I can and just get through it knowing I don't have to be perfect as I am just a human. Ahhhhhhhh. Love you all and thanks my Darlins' for standing with me through all of this. I am so emotional it didn't used to show nearly as much but it sure showed in my weight. I think for my healths sake this is probably better in the long run althouigh it sure gives you all a lot to cope with , with me but know I totally appreciate it. Love Always
Pam
Old 07-02-2002, 05:49 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

hi all,
I am still here and hot.
Pam I am so glad to hear of you mom's improvement.
Terri Glad to hear from you as well
Sue. You go girl!
Well off to teh porch
Old 07-02-2002, 07:15 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

Well I will say that the left over frosing got the better of me yesterday but it was as i was throwing it out!! LOL If i did not do that well i know i would have eaten more. i know i would ot let my self stoop to piking the garbage to eat it!! but other than that I am doing great!

Pat it sure is hot!! and tomorow will be no better. I hope you are atleast gettign that itty bitty shower that we saw on the radar this morning. up in your neck of the woods. i prayed it was on you! (gee i seem to be doing a lot of praying lately) LOL

Pam so gald things are going ok (notice i did not say good) in your house hold. I am glad that your back did not ttally give out that would have been disasitirous. I also am glad that mom is giving you time to prepare and heal your heart from your fuzzy childs passing. too many things at one time is too much to bear. so she is holding on for a later time. who knows it may be a very long time. I hope that is what she does. still do prepare. the last thing you need is to try to do this in the midst of greif when you can be taken for what ever you have for finances (and if youare like me that is notmuch) Well that was why i did my plumbing. I could not pay a plumber and i asked god to help and he showed me how to do it. well he had showed me a long time agoe vaguly with DH and i doing some minor plumbing, but he gave me the strength and was behind me allthe way doig it with me. I really know the power of prayer. I believe you were the one who send me the PUSH email??? P-pray U-untill S-something H-happens. so I have been pushing and thanking everyday!!! I have had answers from this.

With his help all my bills I have been able to fenangle ways to be creative to pay them and some of them i have post dated checks for them so they will come out when i am on vacation. that works for me as they stop hounding me and they are very good about accepting a check that isposst dated as they know theya re getting their mney. I ambeing careful not to over spend that check. but i will have very little expences just gas and a few food items like bread and eggs. i have all the rest frozen. I will have to spend some now though. and when i come back i will be going towork. I havelearned some pilaties so i can exercise when gone. I just need to find my bands that i have. they are not quite that kind but it gives me ideas of how to do this, and it will help when i amworking full time and can not get to the gym.

well girls I must keep on runni g I am headdig off to the gym now and still have to do some laundry yet (fold)

Terri pop in ad let us kjnow how it is going for you.

Dana my sweet woman I feel you are going to read this, and feel not yet ready to com back. if you are out there please let us know youare laive. We all ahve been there we all have strugles with staying op and we all have had setbacks this year. do not let that hold you from commng back in. i personally gained 20 in 2 months and have oly lost 10 of that. we all have lost steam and been really frusterated. but tat is what wwe all are about helping eachother through those hard times adn sharing ourselves duering the hard and good times. please come back!!
Old 07-02-2002, 05:37 PM   #9  
gbo

Yes Sue Bee ,I think for most of us in life finances are something that must be daily monitored. Personally, There are nice comfortable months and really tight ones usually somewhere between but with a little wisedom and a lot of planning and budgeting life can be just lovely. When all heck breaks loose it does it very well!!!!! Push is a good thing!!!!!!
Dana....Take heart my Darlin, please know we have all been there and had our bad backsliding but sugar together we can move mountains, even our own. You are not alone. Do not be ashamed or embarassed just say this is where I am and what I have done and I choose to change it! We are all here to help you, you do matter, you are important, and you do deserve the best life has to offer.... especially from you to you. You are worthy of self love and personal respect no matter what. So when you are ready... we are here. God Bless.
Pat I hope you get your house soon, it is so worth it as scary as it can be. Take Care.
Pam
Old 07-03-2002, 05:43 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hey all
I love this reply thing at the bottom!
It si so hoT!!!!! And humid. No rain. I am having a gathering for DH family tommorrow.
OP food wise and will not be too hard on myself exercise wise until after my class is over in 3 weeks.

I just want to say how much I appreciate you people in my life! Your all a blessing!

Have a great holiday!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #11  

SURPRISE!!!!

I am back for a while...never know how long as I am back to writing and making plans.

I've been off the program for a while again. I started back on Friday and have lost 5 of the 14 pounds that I had gained. I was up to 213 and am back down to 208. I hope I can keep up with this.

I think of you all all the time. I miss your notes and your words of comfort and wisdom.

Praying does help...it keeps me in check. I have so much I want/need to do, and I want you all to be a part of my plans in the future.

We have all fooled around on this program...it's like having a side affair, but we can all get back on the wagon. For me, no excuse is a good excuse. I'm done messing around. I was sure that I would be at goal by now, but better late than never. I make no excuses.

My would is still in a shambles, but I've not given up. In fact, I have recently become much stronger because I am learning to accept what I cannot change. IN the meantime, I am changing myself for the better.

Hang in there ladies...we are stronger than we think, and with the Lord by our sides (He's always there with us), how can we fail this time?

Dana, it's time to come back and get with the program. We all are a good team. None of us are perfect, and we don't expect perfection out of you. We all need to forget what was and start from today, for today is the first day of the rest of your life!!!

I want to tell you more about my plan, but have not gotten it all put together yet. I cannot wait to share it with you.

Keep me in your prayers as I do you. Much love to you all,

Lee
Old 07-03-2002, 10:26 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

LEE!!! weclome HOME!!! so gald to see you. you have always given me such words of wisdome and such good kicks in the butt. I am glad you have had time to pop in for a while. I can now wait tillyou can let us know of your plans. HUN you certainly are in my prayers. I know he answers prayers but we do need to be tested before we win. (boy am i being given a hard test!!! ) I undertand the shambles of life too. Hang on. doors will open that you did not know of. it may be one that you did not expect or even a small window that opens. keep your eyes open. things are comming, and life will get better.

We are stronger than we think, but it is sure hard being tested. But I find if we try hard and keep our chin up and keep PUSH ing then things will workout.

PAT it WILL get cooler atleast for a few days!! LOL

well i must get to bed. hang in there girls

Pam I did not fforget you either. hang on there and give mom a hug OK???

Dana

Terri hold on and stay OP!

have a happy 4th!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:49 AM   #13  
gbo

LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))) Oh Lee , I have missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you ok? Well you must be I see your head is on straight.!!! Good Girl Honey. I am so proud of you!!!! Well, as for me... I have broken the 300 lb barrier and stayed close to it for what seems like forever no matter what I did but I am back on my way down the scale. I will shortly be at my Marriage weight of 289 though I still have 5 lbs to go. I will be a little later than I had hoped for but what the heck and when I reach that I will have lost a total of 60 lbs sice I began this journey so I am making progress! God I am so glad you are back. Did I say I missed you? You have always been in my prayers but I really think you know that. Welcome home.
Sue Bee I will be fine and circumstances.... well circumstances are what they are and there is not much I can do about them but pray for good timing. LOL As if! You know what I mean.
Hey Pat, so how's it going? What about the house? and you of course!!!!! YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL HEALTHY, HAPPY AND SAFE 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 07-04-2002, 05:34 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Hi all Happy 4th!

Lee it is so awesome to see your post. You and your words of wisdom are sorely missed. Transition times are hard and I think of you often.

Hey Sue, How are you doing. Been immersed in DH family stuff the past few days and I am ready to kill someone. Oh well. Keep it simple.

Pam girl how goes it. House hunting still going slowly but I keep telling myself that it will happen when it is supposed too.

Hello to all teh MIA"s
Old 07-04-2002, 07:31 AM   #15  

Thank you all for the warm welcome back. You all are so very special, and I have really missed having you in my life.

Pat, I am the queen of transition...I normally handle it better than I have in recent months, but now I am back on track, and God willing, I will stay that way. We had company last night, and somehow they got talking about food, It was all I could do not to call for takeout or even worse, going for ice cream. Man, I was dying but I hung in there, and as soon as they left, I went to bed. I really needed to escape those urges, but I made it!!!

We are all in the same position...we all need to regroup and rededicate ourselves to this WOE, but more so, we need to rededicate to ourselves. We have truly been tested. This past year has really been more than I believed I could handle, and we all have gone through many transitions.

I have a suggestion for your house hunting, Pat. Try buyowner.com. There they have a list of houses that are for sale, you pick from whichever price you have allowed, how many bedrooms and baths, etc. They often have an inside tour of the house as well. They usually have a full description of the inside, and often pictures of most of the rooms. It will save you from taking the time going from house to house (at least for a while). I love checking it out. Besides drawing house plans, I love interior design and often get some wonderful ideas about decorating (good hobbies for my down times.

Sue, you are so much stronger than you think. No more being the frosting queen!!! (What is it with you and ice cream and cake???) If your dd is old enough to make the desserts, she's old enough to clean the mess and get rid of the extras so mom won't be tempted so often.

Congratulations on your new job. You don't have much time to get your house in order, but you need to concentrate on that instead of on food. Keep yourself busy...dance around the house while you are putting it in order. I would be elated to find I had a job.

Now, as I say all this, I will be honest with you. My life started crashing in November. I held on for as long as I could, but finally, I just let this place go. I honestly didn't care any more. I'm back on the wagon and doing as much as I can when I can, and I am getting back on track. I am doing it for ME! I love it when my house is clean (I was the queen of clean). I can stay more focused when I have order and cleanliness around me. I need it when I am writing...I don't want to have to worry about having to doi it while I am in the process of writing.

Terri, I understand the struggle of eating later at night. It was my downfall for a while. I hate to eat alone, and would wait for Greg to come home from work before I ate. Although more often than not I was staying OP, those late night meals made me gain weight. I"m glad you are getting back on track.

10 days without the kids is great for you. You can pull your life and your WOE back together. Make sure you take plenty of time for yourself...be good to YOU.

My precious sister Pam...You have been through so much and continue with your struggle as well. I am proud for you and your strength. Keep writing your emotions as you go through this very difficult time. I should have, but my struggle has been so degrading that I couldn't and still cannot talk about it.

I'm sorry about the loss of your furry one, but you know as well as I do that that little one is in a much better place and is romping and playing and very happy right now.

The anniversary of my Mom's death just passed on the 29th of June. For the first time in 10 years, I celebrated her anniversary by telling of the fun times we had. I finally think that I have learned to let the bad times and the pain go. She would have been 80 this year. You know, my mother committed suicide. She just gave up. I am my mothers daughter, and often entertained the thought that maybe she had the right idea, but more than being my mother's daughter, I am me, and I am much stronger. I have learned so much by her mistakes, and this has made me stronger. Your mother is in my prayers. I feel your suffering and your fear of losing her. I pray the Lord will give you a larger boost to help you through whatever He has planned for you.

I have Greg home with me for the rest of the week and weekend, but will try to get back here to keep up with you all. While he's home, I am unable to write very much or very well. I'm fortunate that I wake early in the morning...it gives me a couple of hours for myself before he's up and about.

My love and prayers for you all,

Lee

Quote:
Remember...You are the daughter of the Heavenly King...that makes you a Princess! Feel like one...Look like one...Carry yourself like one.
Closed Thread