View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
Carrie3146
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
hey ladies, I am thinking about BistroMD, is it really has good as y'all are saying. I was on DTG, but I wasn't losing any weight, so I need a new plan
Hi Oseybaby.

As you can see from my previous two posts, I've had some Customer Service-type issues. But as far as the food goes, after one week, I am impressed with it. The portions are bigger than I was expecting, and they taste pretty good. It comes frozen...you get your first box, and there are about 15 large plastic bags inside (on the 5-day plan). Each bag has a full meal, usually an entree and two differrent sides for lunches and dinners. Those three "pieces" are in individual pouches (I guess you would call them "vacuum-sealed" maybe?) as opposed to a single "tray" like a typical Lean Cuisine-type of meal you'd buy in a supermarket. And those get microwaved (or boiled).

The breakfasts have been OK..I wouldn't rave about them, and some of those seem kind-of small. But the lunches and dinners have been really good. They taste much more like "real food" than something out of a pouch in the freezer. And there's a lot of flavor so you don't feel like you're missing out. The sides are mostly veggies so far. There were none in my first week with anything like potatoes or pasta or rice. So that's a big adjustment for me, but...I'm definitely losing weight.

For the snacks, I can't have artificial sweeteners, so I didn't get all the shakes and pastries...I got mostly soy chips and various-flavored puffs (barbeque, sour cream & onion, nacho...). They actually taste good, and are surprisingly filling. I've been sharing them with a co-worker who's not on a diet, and she's liked them too.

I hope that's helpful. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.