South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat

Good morning! Coffee is badly needed today as my house is cold. I even broke down and turned on the furnace for a wee bit.

I have a peaceful day planned after two days spent mainly in the car running around. The only thing on my schedule is the Good Food Box distribution this morning. I may work in a Harry visit later.

The weather forecast for the next five days is depressing! I had planned to go to Ottawa with the dogs to visit my friend but canceled out. Five wet dogs in a smallish house doesn't appeal so we'll do it another time. The good news is that I cleared out my calendar for the three days and am leaving it that way. I need a break.

Need to lug the trash out to the road but will check back later. Keep the coffee hot, OK?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chatterings

Here's your morning wake-up call! Coffee's fresh and hot!

A gorgeous day is on the horizon, mid 70s and sunny, can't complain about that! I'm actually going to get myself over to Curves this morning, since I don't have to get the girls until 10. Since they've been out of school my schedule has been crazy and it's been hard to find time to exercise. I've really gotten lazy and have to get back in the groove again. The rest of the day will be filled with piano lessons, followed by a picnic at the park. We have to do a little weeding in the vegetable garden, too. Cindy has a polo game tonight, so we'll probably go over to watch that later on.

Kim, I really enjoyed your vacation pictures. Thanks for sharing them!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ah! You beat me to it once again, Ruth! Sounds like you have a nice relaxing next few days planned. Now stick to it, you need some time to unwind!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning! Plenty of coffee here so feel free to grab a cup.

Sounds like I get the in-between weather. The morning is cool but clear with some rain in the afternoon. Today we have our solstice event at work. Several years ago we started having staff events on the solstices and equinoxes. It's just an excuse to close the office and spend some down time together but has remained consistent through staff changes. Today we are hiking up a local mountain and bringing our own lunches. It was supposed to be swimming at the river and a potluck but the weather is too cool for swimming. should be a fun afternoon.

Ruth - Enjoy your down time! It's nice to take time to sit back and just enjoy the view

Cottage - Sounds like a busy summer! Sunny days definitely keep things moving better.

Kim - Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #5  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

ruth-enjoy your peaceful time. I wish I could get some of that around here. with 4 kids, 2 dogs , and a husband with ptsd is no peace for me.

cottage-I've been alittle lazy this week as well. My household has been crazy also since the kids are out of school. I"m not used to having all 4 with me ALL day long (I"m literally saying ALL day long). I don't ever get a break to myself.

cyndi-enjoy your hike!!!

Me-nothing much. settled the problem with Leo. I think it is hallucinations. I wasn't looking at anyones profile--male or female so I don't have a clue as to what he saw. But whatever. Life's back to normal. And I"m going back to bed. Couldn't sleep again last night and didn't go to bed till almost one in the morning. Everyone, have a wonderful day.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Day Chicks. We are having damp overcast weather here today as well. Although they are promising that the sun will come up this afternoon. I hope so as oldest dd is going to her boyfriends prom tonight and I hope it does not rain on them. I will post pictures.

Ruth- your next few days sound relaxing, take advantage of them. You need some time for yourself. You deserve it.

Cottage- Hope you day is a great one, a picnic in the park sounds lovely. Have a great day and enjoy your work out at Curves.

Cindi- Hope you enjoy your day, sounds like a great one.

tk- Glad that things are getting better.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #7  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

good morning ladies! it is a good morning! we slept through the night last night and the scale was looking very favorable this morning! yay! i have pcos and i finally got up to my full dose of metformin this week and i think it might be just the right amount for me!

i also have my second of three personal health assessments at the gym today. so i'll be curious to see how that goes!

well, i sure hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Ruth it's a gorgeous 68 in my house and coffee is fresh and hot come on down.

DH is resting on the couch after breakfast of oatmeal and banana and happy in Vicodan land... Tomorrow I MUST go to work.... oy.

today i plan to go to the store and also to get to the pool... wish me luck with both.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #9  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, chicks. Doing my weekly-ish check-in! Really, I read every day I just feel like I have nothing productive to say since I'm not doing SBD in my current state.

Natalie's Mom--I didn't know you had PCOS. Congrats on having two little ones! I have it too. Hate that Metformin but it regulated me enough to conceive this little one!

It's been nicer here, in the low 80s and quite cool in the morning. Love it!! I've been swimming (mostly in inside pool at Y) three times in the last week and it's made me feel a ton better. That plus chiropractor has helped my back pain a lot as well.

We finally decided on a name for our little one. She's a girl! Her name will be Elizabeth Jane, and we'll call her Libbie. She is kicking more and more...and Mommy is getting bigger and bigger!! Will have to share a picture soon if I get brave.

<3 Jessie
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chicks! It's starting out to be a beautiful day after the evening we had yesturday with hail and horrible lightning.

Jessie glad to hear you and Libbie are doing well

Nessa i hope you get everything done on your list today

Cottage you may need a lil of to help you thru

Not much going on here just the same ol stuff.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks. I am sipping coffee and snuggling in my warm robe. I do believe it dipped into the 40's around here last night. I'm a little tired from not getting good sleep. I never sleep well at first when DH is away, then the cat woke me in the night with a mouse he'd cornered. He didn't know what to do with it once he had it in the corner, so he was meowing at it and it was squeaking back at him. At first I thought he'd gotten to one of the hamsters. I got it under a bucket and threw it outside. Then I couldn't sleep because I was wondering if there were more. I haven't seen a mouse around here in years. It was a tiny thing.
The kids had invitations to do other things so we didn't make the movie yesterday. Maybe we'll do that today. And it seems a shame not to enjoy this gorgeous weather, so maybe we'll do a picnic lunch somewhere. Too cold to go to the pool, but that's just as well, as they are both still coughing and scratchy throats.

Enjoy your mini-vacation at home Ruth.
Have a lovely day cottage. Oooh, I missed Kim's pix? gotta go take a look.
What a great place to work Cyndi! Happy solstice.
Hi Nat's Mom, good sleep does seem to help with the scale. Maybe that's my problem...
Have a nice swim Nessa, hope the pool's heated.
Jessie, Elizabeth is a beautiful name. Do share a picture, you know we'd love to see it.
tk, glad things have settled down around your house for the time being. Happy napping.
Hi Gonna, hope your same old stuff day is good.

I was thinking about calling my SIL. She and my brother split up recently. She's been family for 20 years and we've always been friends, but he decided he had to leave because she's alcoholic and he's been her enabler I guess. Anyway, I want to see if she's okay, but I wonder if maybe she's so mad she doesn't want to talk to any of us. What would you guys do?
If anyone has seen the whoosh fairy, would you please send her my way? I have been good and I think I'm overdue a visit. Well, I want to get a wash hung out before the morning slips away. Have a good one chicks!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #12  

Sorry I missed you lc! Take some prom pix for us okay? Hope she has a great time.
Kim, I love your pictures. Especially the bee picture. Has DH lost some weight? Looks like you had a nice time. I've been looking for one of those benches for my grandmother's yard - butterflies are her favorite.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Ladies!!! Happy Thursday!
Ruth - Good for you taking some time to have nothing on the books. Enjoy the peace of staying home.

Cottage - Getting the they gym is so good!! I hope you're able to figure out your schedule for the summer so you can get some regular exercise in.

Cyndi - Have fun today!!! A hike and sack lunches sounds like a great way to spend a day at work!

tk - Glad to hear that things are better today. I hope you can find joy today.

l/c - Have fun getting dd ready for prom. How exciting.

Nat's mom - I hope the assessment at the gym is positive and productive.

Nessa - Here's to hoping you make it into the pool today.

Jessie - I love the name. And the nick name is even cuter! I've promised myself that when we do have kids I will give them a formal name and a nick name. As much as I LOVE my name (Heather) there's no real nickname for it. "Libbie" is just too cute!

Gonna - Hail & lightening!!! SCARY!

Me - TOM started today and it's going to be HOT! I won't be doing much today except for sitting and listening to speeches. Today is 8th grade promotion and high school graduation. I'll be at work until at least 7:30. Makes for a long emotional day. But it will be nice to see some of these kids complete a goal. Graduations and diplomas are a big deal for most of these guys, so I'm excited.
I hope everyone has a good Thursday....remember only one more day til the weekend!
ENJOY!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 06-19-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

schmoodle - You were posting before I came on...so I missed you. A picnic and movie sounds like a great idea!!! As for you SIL, I'd bounce the idea off someone who knows her. And also figure out why you want to speak with her. Do you want her to know you still care for her, do you want your Brother and her to give it another try.....what is your desired end result. That may direct whether or not you give her a call. Regardless....good luck with it all!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #15  

Thanks hmac for the suggestion. I will think that over. Maybe that's why I was hesitating because I wasn't sure what my reason for calling is. I'm told getting back together is not an option, and that's their decision, so I won't get involved in that. But I guess it just feels strange that someone who's been part of the family for 20 years, suddenly...isn't going to be anymore. It feels harsh and cold to not talk to her anymore. I'm the kind of person that wants to take care of everybody, so I just want to make sure she's okay, but of course, she's not, and I guess I can't do anything about that. Desired end result... to make her feel better? That's silly tho, there's nothing I could say that would do that.

On a lighter note, your day sounds long and tiring, but very rewarding. Be sure to take lots of tissues and snacks!
Closed Thread