Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #1  

Default Vita Muffin

Does anyone know if the Vita Muffins are ok on SB?
I've seen ads for them on the HungryGirl and jst noticed them at the store.
(I haven't looked at the nutritionals since I still have at least a week on P 1.
wonderlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I've eaten these before when I wasn't on South Beach and they are sweetened with cane juice which isn't allowed. Plus some have wheat flour, not whole wheat flour. They do have a new Low Carb one that is sugar free & sweetened with sugar alcohols, but I can't find a list of ingredients on the web site. They only show the breakdown of calories, fiber, & vitamins.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sugar Free/Low Carb Velvety Chocolate VitaTop Ingredients:

Low Carb/Sugar Free Velvety Chocolate: Water, whole wheat flour, maltitol, egg whites, chocolate drops (maltitol, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin added as an emulsifier, vanilla), soy fiber, cocoa (processed with alkali), inulin, erythritol, wheat gluten, wheat protein isolate, leaving (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), sea salt, lecithin, natural flavors, xanthan gum, sucralose, vitamin C, vitamin E, iron, biotin, vitamin A, zinc, vitamin B12, vitamin D3 folic acid, vitamin B5, vitamin B6. Manufactured on shared equipment with products containing nuts. CONTAINS WHEAT, EGG, SOY, MILK, WALNUTS.
* FOR THOSE WATCHING THEIR CARBS, COUNT ONLY 6G NET CARBS: SUBTRACT SUGAR ALCOHOL (11G) AND DIETARY FIBER (5g) WHICH BOTH HAVE A MINIMAL IMPACT ON BLOOD SUGAR
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The regular Vita Muffins are a definite no-no, but I think you could probably enjoy the low carb ones as an occasional treat. I tend to shy away from anything that has a long list of preservatives and other "stuff" added in.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #5  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

I tried the banana nut sugar free Vita Muffins. I wasn't impressed at all. They have a very strange after taste and are pretty small. If I remember correctly, they were smaller than a hostess cupcake. I was a little afraid I'd be tempted to eat more than just 1 being they were tiny but they didn't really taste good enough to get through just 1. They were also very pricey. I think it was 6.99 for 4 tiny muffins. I have never tried the chocolate ones because I could never find them.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

You can order their products online, but I think they are way overpriced.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #7  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!
I had tried the chocolate ones- muffin tops and brownies- a while back (using a coupon from the Hngry Girl website) and wasn't super impressed with them, but thought maybe it's b/c I was back into sugar then!
I had a carb craving the other day and found their website and it just got me wondering. If they aren't ok, that makes things easier! (Of course I doubt I can even aford them now too, which makes the decision REALLY easy!)
wonderlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/118/110

Height: 5'2

They are in my grocery store in the freezer section..I don't know about the low carb ones though.
LucyFlicker is offline   Reply With Quote