Old 06-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/118/110

Height: 5'2

Default Ideas for losing a few pounds fast?

Last year I lost some weight, and I was only 5 pounds above my target weight. Over the past few months I gained 5 more pounds, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a short term diet that I can lose those 5 pounds really quick.

In my head, I figure if I lose the 5 lbs I gained, I will feel better about getting back on track wih my healthy lifestyle.

I know you are only supposed to lose like 1 pound a week. But just for short term I want to see quick results. I already count calories. I take in about 1200 a day.

I know detox diets are supposed to be pretty bad so I am trying to avoid that.

I weigh 120 pounds and I am 5'2.
LucyFlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I would suggest adding cardio and strength training to the mix. Also, if you eat more protein and less carbs, that does seem to give faster results in the short term.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

Detox diets are bad for long term weight loss, but so is anything that is quick.

If you want to see weight loss fast, you should count calories and increase work out time. Try working out before breakfast (cardio only no weights) and after dinner (incorporate light weights). Increase protein and decrease carbs. Don't eat carbs past 3pm. If you are eating 1200 cals then eat 3 meals with 300 calories and then 2 snacks that add up to 300.

I've done 2 day detox diets before. When I was 235 I lost 10 lbs in 2 days and kept to a low cal diet afterwards and kept 5 off (so I actually lost 5 lbs of fat in 2 days for good). But I tried it once I was 190lbs and I only lost 5 lbs in 2 days and then it all came back... so maybe they only work if you are significantly overweight.

Anyway Good luck and be safe!
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Honestly any weight that you lose "fast" will just be water weight and you'll gain it all back as soon as you change any kind of habit.

There's simply no such thing as "fast" weight loss. You didn't gain it in a week, and you won't lose it in a week. Not for real.

Sorry. I know it's not the popular answer, but it's the true one.l

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #5  

Yeah. I suppose deep down I knew there wouldnt really be anything significant. I know all about nutrition and exercise, but I was just hoping for a shortcut, haha. Thanks for the advice guys!

Obviously I know fruits and vegetables are carbs, but it just seems so foreign I guess that cutting back on those that are so low in calories would make for good weight loss. Does that mean you really can only eat meat, dairy, and fat after 3pm?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Actually fruits and veggies aren't carbs. Fruits and some veggies contain carbs, but also the sugars in fruits are healthy and shouldn't be counted in the same "family" as carbs, since they don't require insulin to process.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #7  

Good to know, thanks.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #8  

Hi, Lucy, I'm all about the short-term, quick weight loss diets too--just to get started. I find them perfect to jump start the weight loss efforts. It also helps me to stay motivated if I can get a few pounds off quickly. Try the new 5-4-3-2-1 diet plan. You'll have to "google" it. Stay on it for one or two weeks and eat highly nutritious foods. It worked great for me!
gmdavis is offline   Reply With Quote