South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Default I can't believe how much my tastes/hunger levels have changed

I've been on phase 1 for about 3 weeks. I just came home for my brothers graduation and decided to indulge a little bit because I'm home.

I had a diet coke today for the first time since I started the diet and I couldn't even finish it...it tasted gross...it tasted very sweet and syrupy. The funny thing is I used to guzzle diet coke and NEVER used to think it was that sweet. This just blew my mind.

I also had a little non SBD food...I had one little piece of wrap sandwich and a little macaroni salad. This was not alot of food at all, and I felt so stuffed I felt disgusting afterwards. I wasn't very hungry when I ate, but hungry enough to justify eating. I literally felt stuffed for a few hours aferwards. My mom makes this kind of macaroni salad ALL THE TIME, and I used to be able to eat a plate full of the stuff and not feel as bad as I did today.

I even snacked on some cookies, and I was compleatly in control of the cookie as I was eating it (if this makes sense). I could eat it slowly and enjoy it, rather than stuffing it in my face.

I read in the book that this diet shrinks your stomach, and after my experiences today I'm convinced that it's true. The diet says that it's designed to revamp your body to process food the way that it should. I guess my body is supposed to be able to stop after eating a small scoop of macaroni and a piece of sandwich. In some odd way it was a little disappointing, I wanted to take a day off from my diet and eat with my family and I really just COULDN'T pig out with everyone else. Actually I'm still feeling full.

Anyone else have any experiences like these?
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #2  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

No- 'cause I'm only on Day 4... but I'm looking forward to the day when I can turn down something delicious like macaroni salad.

Wow- I can't believe you've done this for 3 weeks, that's amazing! How much weight have you lost on phase one during these 3 weeks? I already cheated on day 2, it must take a lot of willpower to last 3 weeks. I can't wait until I stop craving carbs and stuff.

Congratulations.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I've lost 9 pounds total. It was hard for the first week but once my body adjusted I felt fine, although around the end of week 3 I started to get some cravings. I did it by cooking all my meals and only keeping SBD food in the house. When you live alone it's easier. I decided to stick with phase 1 for a little longer because I knew I would be comming home and going on vacation with my family now (we leave Monday).
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 AM   #4  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Whilst I'm not doing the South Beach Diet, I'm finding very much the same thing with Atkins. It's great!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Congrats on the 9 pounds, but you may want to think about adding something back, ph 1 really should only be done for 2 weeks. But if you are starting to have some cravings then it is probably time to move to ph 2. Just take it nice and slow. Good luck.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/144/122

Height: 5'3"

Most definitely my tastes have changed. I used to be the queen of salty foods. I could inhale bags of chips without thinking twice! Now, they don't even appeal to me in the least! I find myself giving myself smaller portions at meals because I'm just not that hungry....It's a wonderful thing. I've been on this diet now for a little over 3 weeks and I've lost 11 lbs. I'm a very happy woman!
chronicdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #7  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I still have small cravings for sugar, but they're manageable. I don't feel like I'm going to go home and inhale a whole bag of cookies because I've had a bad day at work. I do like the fact that I'm never hungry! The amount of weight I've lost since starting WW last month and South Beach has been amazing and keeping me on track. I really don't want to derail my progress!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #8  
This chub has got to go!

S/C/G: 240/229/180

Height: 5ft 9in

I agree with taste changes. I have been so shocked at how easy this has been for me! I thought I would hate being on this.. because starchy foods are my crutch! But I have actually found that I crave healthy food when I'm hungry.. and after eating, I am satisfied and full (but not like I used to be..so stuffed I was sick) I am really enjoying the new foods I'm eating (like squash and eggplant etc.) I would have never bought those before!
marmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/299.8/165

Height: 5'7""

I've been on program for just over 10 weeks (first Sunday in April). I am now in Phase 2 (lost 17.5 in that time period).

What I've noticed is 1) The cravings are gone.

2) Once I consciously choose to cheat (i.e have a small 2 x 2 inch piece of graduation cake, no corner piece). I ate 2 bites, instead (about half), and was more than satisfied. I realized the taste just wasn't worth the calories and metabolic changes it would produce in me. AND it just plain didn't taste THAT good!!!! Really, it was nasty!

3) I was amazed about 3 weeks into the program (still on phase 1.5ish), when I had some celery sticks and peanut butter and realized how sweet and juicy the celery was. That day was my eye opener.

4) I had cantelope the other night for the first time in over 3 months. It was soooo 'sweet' I stopped at less than half a cup.

5) Almost 3 months into the program. I am still losing in regular increments. No PMS bloating. No water retention on the odd time I overdo the 'salt'. AND I still feel excited about the program instead of feeling deprived or waiting for the end. In otherwords, an attitude change. A lifestyle change.

6) I cheated 2 days during this time period. One day went to a pizza buffet with some family after a family funeral. The next day I went to a Vietnemese buffet (made pretty good choices, but just not sure of the carb/sugar/fat content). BUT got right back on track immediately after and still saw a small weight loss that week. YEAH! Metabolism is working again! AND I am in control of my eating, the food is not controlling me.
DonnaInAL is offline   Reply With Quote