Old 06-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried not using the LA Lites?

I decided to not use my LA Lites this week and just eat more fruit and veggies (come on it is coming into season and ohhh so good!) Plus I am getting my first crown and the dentist gave me a list of what I can't eat while my temp tooth is on...all forms of candy, gum, and hard stuff are out for two weeks! I am taking NO chances on loosing this and having to sit in the dentist chair for hours on end again!

So my question is has anyone "dropped" the LA Lites from their menu, and still "marked" it like you are eating it...if so did it make a difference? I am having such a hard time loosing that I have to make some sort of change to get it going! If this doesn't work, then I am "dropping" the starches...any advice? I am not telling them at LAWL as they don't seem to think doing something like this will help!
bananalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

I haven't dropped them but I did switch to Lunas and my weight loss increased drastically. And Lunas taste so much better and are only a 1.50$ each in Canada (half price of the LL).
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Many people here don't use lites, or any type of bars for that matter. What LAWL is supposed to do for you is move you up one plan. They will try to pressure you to purchase lites because that is one of the big ways they make their dollars. I finally told them in no uncertain terms that I was not going to purchase any of their bars, or any supplements for that matter, and they finally stopped asking........and.......they were amazed that I continued to lose so well. I was on purple w/ lites, and I moved up to red and didn't eat the lites. Works well for me. Don't be intimidated by them........you hired them to help you, not bully you. If all else fails.......and they just don't get it......you can tell them you cannot tolerate soy products.......that they give you a stomach ache and bad skin irritations and gas. Soy really does that to me, and they backed off right away. good luck
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

my 1st round on LAWL i used the lites and OMG it was my treat for the day and i so looked forward to them. This time around i'm breastfeeding and didnt really want to eat anything like that because i wanted to know that i was able to maintain my weightloss without their supplements so i dont use lites or any subs. As you can see i lost even without using the lites. Like Nicole says, if you dont use the lites you are supposed to be 1 plan up from where you are. So i'm supposed to be on red since i'm breastfeeding and i'm doing red1 since i'm not using the lites. You can totally do the plan without the lites so dont let those "councelors" push you into doing something you dont want to do.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:24 AM   #5  

I am on plan two so I am not sure what I would drop to? also were in canada are luna's sold, I have looked for them but never found them
Old 06-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  

if you are on plan 2 then you would go up to plan 3 if you drop the lites. I'm not in canada so not sure where they are sold but hopefully someone will post that info for you. Also if you cant have the lites because of your temp tooth then you wont be able to have the lunas either.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #7  

Has anyone tried using the FiberOne bars instead of the LA lites? Only 140 calories, 35% of daily fiber and 3 grams of fat. there so yummy...do you think that is a good exchange?
mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #8  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

I am test driving going lite-less this week also. It's just not in the budget and I would rather spend what little I do have on fruits and veggies. I tried the soy-joy a few times last week and they weren't for me. I will probably start using luna bars instead.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

I don't use the LA Lites because I didn't "qualify" for them. They just moved me up a plan. If you let us know what plan you're on we can help you with what the extras would be, probably I am guessing an extra fruit, starch and maybe a 1/2 protein - but that's just a guess based on what I went down when I switched plans.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #10  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

After the first month, I told my COD that I wasn't going to use the Lites (too darned expensive) and they put me up one plan. Then I saw another counsellor there later that said she never would have put me on the Lites in the first place as I am a breast cancer survivor (soy?). They don't bug me anymore about it.

I do use other bars though...Nutrisystem...Slimfast. I want to try the Luna bars, and will order them online through Amazon.com. They are much, much cheaper than the Lites.
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #11  

Plan 2 is 2 1/2 protein, 3 veggies, 2 fruit, 3 starches 2 dairy and 2 fat
2 LA lites

Any idea what the next plan up would be!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #12  

From a search i found that plan 3 is

3 protiens
4 veggies
3 fruits
4 starches
2 dairy
2 fat
Old 06-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #13  

awesome thanks Debbie!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #14  
mugwhumps

soy and cancer? I don't get it.

I went off lites on my own and told them about it - I was having gallbladder issues. They never seemed to have had me on the right plan in the first place.... I was on a plan down from where I should have been - so they increased my plan by 2 to plan 4 for the few months... I lost weight then. Now i'm post-surgery with lites and gaining. and gaining. and no one seems to care enough to notice a trend when I mention it - they just lecture not to eat cottage cheese or salad dressing.

anyway good luck. you might be hungrier getting off the sugar craze but I found it more manageable to NOT eat as much food.
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/234/160

I'm doing the Lunas instead of the Lites...they're less costly and they taste better. At the Walmart here, they're less than a dollar each, so that really is a savings.
gotsta is offline   Reply With Quote