Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Losers and Friends - June 15 - 22

Good morning ladies...

Hope your weekend went well...

Ours was fun but too quick.. We shuffled the kids off to camp yesterday, so we have the house to ourselves for almost a whole week.. We celebrated last night in ways you can imagine.....

Yep.. that's right, we put on a movie and promptly fell asleep on the couch...

Add to that, today is our 13th anniversary.. 13 amazing years!! It's had it's ups and downs of course just like any marriage, but I wouldn't trade them, or Liz for the world...

We're celebrating tonight by going to a nice local restaurant with good, mostly on plan foods.. no fried appitizers or sticky deserts for us, I promise!!!

Go out and make it a POP day!!

Edited to change the "now fried" to "no fried".. Whoops.. Must have been a subconcious slip!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 06-16-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Losers and Friends June 16th-22nd

WOW Somethings going on if I'm the first one to start the new week, cause I havent been around! I've been a slacker and I'm feeling it! So I promise to check in more often and hang around for a few good butt kickings!
We're leaving for the beach Sunday and I've already told DH that we're walking our tushies off while we're there to counteract all the seafood! LOL

Everybody have an amazing week!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone,

So the weekend was quick but i was a bad girl this weekend & the scale shows. I'm not going to dwell or list all my wrongdoings i'm just going to simply move on and make better choices this week. Hope you all are with me on that one.

Dan - Happy Anniversary to you and Liz. You are too funny. I hope you guys have a better night tonight. :wink:

Kim - Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach, if you are good all week you wont feel so bad about all the seafood at the beach so theres 1 way to make it a POP week.

Hope its a wonderful week for everyone!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #4  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Dan - You jinksed me this weekend with your Movie food thread. I haven't had popcorn since Aug 2007 and this weekend I had several handfulls when we took DS to see Kung Fu Panda ... luckily, DH was half way down the bag before I got any for me, so I didn't get any butter on it, which is the only saving grace.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #5  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hay there all! So I didn't have a great weekend either. I mean the weekend was great! But the food choices were not the best... but then again they weren't the worst either. So I have to stay positive. My Weightloss weeks are up after this week and I am exactly where I was when i got the extra 5 weeks. Sad. Summer is really hard! I hope you all have a great day!

Dan and Liz Happy Anniversary! It's my Aunt and Uncles today too!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i have the day off today and also friday, so it'll be a short week for me. i ran around and did some errands today that i put off all weekend. i was pretty lazy this weekend and didn't do much at all. i've been having a hard time with being POP too..just not in the mood to eat much of anything, but i'm trying.

aside from that, i haven't been doing the greatest. it's closing in on about a month and a half before dh comes home and i'm really struggling with everything...life in general. ugh. anyways.

yeah, so that's about it for me today. got more stuff to do around the house. hope everyone is having a great start to their week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #7  

I was pop and doing great until yesterday Not a good night. I blame it on pms'ing....so difficult that time of the month! Up two lbs today...

I decided to do fast forward with oranges for today and tomorrow to cleanse my system.
mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

UGH!!! It's way too hot to eat today! I mowed the lawn today and I thought I started early enough so I wouldnt be getting too toasty but no such luck! Thats one way to control the appetite! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

good day everyone

Dan........your, "good morning ladies....." reminded me of Charlie's Angels.... Happy anniversary to you and Liz. Enjoy your almost week off from the kids.............I honestly can't imagine that. I hope you are able to enjoy it

Kim#2.......good to see you. The beach.......sounds wonderful! I have been wondering where you have been.

Jillian........chin up girl.........if the sun is shinig..........get out there and soak it up!!!

Debbie......great attitude. Guilt never served anyone. I wasn't POP.......but I was darn close......... close enough to call it OP......so I am happy about that. I just can't recover from a bad eating weekend by monday......so I have to stay OP on the weekends. One day, I wll beable to bounce back as quickly as you. I am thinking that you really are kicking your inner fat girl's a$$, cuz look at you go

Mazda......PMS sucks. That's all I have to say about that

Cecilia.....yeah, summer can be complicated with WL.....but you can do it!!!! Today is a brand new day..........stay with us...POP POP POP POP POP!!!

Kelly...shhh, don't tell anyone...but i had a bit of movie theater popcorn too.....and it tasted REALLY good The good news is......that was the most unhealthy thing I had all weekend.......so, not too shabby, right?

Hey Katie.....I'm gonna need your cheese recipes. DH mentioned that he would love to make his own pepper cheese.....and I said, "whoa whoa whoa, wait a second.......my fat friend, Katie makes her own cheese.......you know, the one who gave me the homemade laundry soap recipe, and the one who made and sent Emily her labor bracelet? Yeah......she has made two kinds already and says it is pretty good!!!" Oh, just so you all know......I call you all my fat friends for reference.....no offense . Anyway.........DH was so suprised I hadn't already asked for the recipe.........so, when you have a second, will you please PM it to me, or post it? I am sure a few other homemade geeks will enjoy the recipe Thanks Katie......I just love your stuff! You are one of a kind

Ok, I have to get some work inside of my house today. We have been doing some backyard clean up (brush and stuff), strawberry picking, and playing outside so much that my house is starting to suffer. I hope you are all having a great day......and AMYLOU...........WTF??? Come out come out wherever you are.............
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #10  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone,

Well today started off pretty good but lets just say its pretty much tanked. I found out today that my best friend's dh is buying time heart wise. He had a quad bypass last year (14 months ago) and they found out today that 2 arteries are only working at 20% and they aren't sure he can have another surgery. he almost didn't make it through the last one. So they are doing more tests to see what they can and can't do and trying different meds to see if they can help but they weren't very hopeful for long term. He isn't even 50 yet.

So it kinda turned into a bummer day and add to that its monday and geez - I hope the week gets better.

I'll be back later...must go have supper...
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #11  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Alannah.....that is just awful. Your best friend is going to need you now more than ever. I will be thinking of you.......
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #12  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey guys,

My weekend was great. I stayed on plan even doing the takeoff on Friday and Saturday and the center still has me restricted on certains foods through Tues. I went and weighed in this morning and was down 2.4 lbs. I have officially lost 45 lbs. I also went to BodyFlow class this morning and I am going to try and go to spin in the morning.

Please pray for my DH he has an interview on Wednesday for a position that I think would suit him well.

JulieZ- My DS is almost 7 and still loves me to be around him. I don't even want to think about him getting older and not liking me.

I better get off the computer so DH can use it again.

Have a great night and I will try to do personals later.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys!

Okay Nicole, here is the article from Mother Earth News that my recipes came from. http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-...e-Recipes.aspx I have made everything but the ricotta. I have made the mozzarella several times, the cream cheese twice, and the yogurt cheese twice. The yogurt cheese is killer with some crushed garlic and fresh chopped herbs. I love it on crackers. I have taken it to parties and people want to know where you got it tastes so good. If you want to add herbs, garlic, peppers, etc to the mozzarella, add it in when you knead it the second time. I ordered my supplies from New England Cheese supply. Let me know if you have questions! Also, I really think that you could use 2% milk and cut some fat, but I have not tried yet. I have been using whole milk.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi All, Napa and to visit my in-laws was great, but definitely not POP. Today and tomorrow I'm doing a take off, not because I think it will cancel out my bad behaviour, but just because I need to clean out my system and get back focused. I need to get back to exercising regularly, somehow I eat better when I exercise.

Nicole, what a sweet hat you knitted. Who knows maybe you will have a cold snap. Last week was awfully cold here (California was so very hot though, and I'm not used to it).

Happy anniversary Dan and Liz, 13 lucky years!

Kim, seafood is so healthy if you don't eat it breaded and fried. Have a great time at the beach.

Jillian, Only 6 more weeks! You should start getting excited that he is almost back! You have the luxury of hibernating now if you want to. Focus on whatever the blessings are in your life are right now. It sounds like your DH is a major blessing, and you have those two sweet children that you are blessed to spend more time with. Life really is pretty good, and only likely to get better. Most of our worries that we fill our head with never come to pass, so we spend so much of our energy on things that aren't even true.

Oh Alannah, that is just awful! It is a wake up call for all of us to take better care of ourselves. Many people don't realize that they are damaging their heart until it is too late. A lot of heart disease is preventable if we just eat healthy and exercise. I used to always think I would clean up my act if I ever actually developed heart disease, but then my former brother in law died before he knew he had a heart problem, and he was only 42.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Default good morning

Congrats Dan and Liz you picked a great day to be married. My folks celebrated 46 years of ups, downs and flying pans yesterday and they are still holding hands when they go for walks or ride in the car. Wishing you all the love it takes for you to be able to do the same thing.
It was a great weekend here even with a graduation party and my folks annivesary I stayed pretty well on plan. Cheated a wee bit with a couple small slivers of cake is all.
Well I owe I owe so off to work I go ! You all have a great day

Lois
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote