Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 05:35 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Cow Mother survives Grad Week

MANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! that was exhausting!!!!!! Last night was lovely ----dd picked up all together 12,000 in scholarships----that will be a large help---she is going to university to become a TEACHER!!! YIKES poor child---her daddy took her to Broadway, NYC for a grad gift---not bad---I told her to wave to you Lushtank!---on another subject---that Salt Lake City kidnapping is really bothering me----to think she was taken from her bed with her little sister right there-----how shocking is that!----my second dd got her DRIVERS LICENCE on Thursday and noW SHE IS OUT DRIVING AROUND WITH HER STEP SISTER-----SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I AM TO SURVIVE THE SUMMER----THREE TEEN GIRLS ARE DRIVING MY CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2002, 06:15 PM   #2  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default what did they see?

Did they see The FULL Monty like ignorant me did? I don't understand how all these kids learn to drive. Who teaches them? How can it be stopped? I think it's gone too far if little teensy Canadians are doing it. She's 14, right?

The Salt Lake City is beyond making sense. Someone is lying to us Bagzie. First the baby sister said the man told her to be quiet or he'd hurt the 14-yo. Then she said he never saw her. But AnYWAY, would not a 9-yo child go to her parents and not sit around for hours not matter what anyone said????? They were in the same house and they were her parents after all. But I read in Newsweek that the very same night, another 14-yo girl in Boise was kidnapped as she slept outdoors on the trampoline but she escaped. What a bunch of weirdos.

DS is due back from camp in 14 minutes and i'm very sleepy. Wish someone else would go fetch him. Herbie isn't offering. Bye.
Old 06-22-2002, 07:23 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default I wish she were 14....

but my darling dd2 is SIXTEEN and the graduate is eighteen,and the Denver dd is sixteen and they all DRIVE CARS!!!!!Peachers,you must send me the other addy for you--I sent the grad picture to the old addy and I can't find your last letter that I didn't answer because it got deleted,SINCE EVERYONE THINKS THEY CAN HANG AROUND MY MAILBOX!!!!!!!!!!!I think if we could all meet somewhere for a few days we could get alot of this whining looked after---thank God for internet cows----IS SUGAR IN THE HOMELAND YET??????
Old 06-22-2002, 11:27 PM   #4  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default well, we can

we can all meet in Herbie's timeshare here in Flawridder. It's in the middle of September which makes it inconvenient but DOABLE >>>> RIGHT????????????????

Who will come?
Old 06-23-2002, 11:33 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Such excitement

While I was out sailing and saying goodbye to my sailing friends, my cyber-buds have been accomplishing things right and left. Between Lush's third page premiere and Wabbit's entertaining young fellers and Bagz' lending out cars to small children and Peaches' exhaustion, I just feel so dull!

Guess what I bought today? On the way back from the coast, we went out to one of those dopey restaurants you find in tourist areas where half the space is devoted to selling kitsch. I must say the seafood wasn't half bad, and right behind our table was a bin of discount TY beanies. 4 for $10. DD spotted 3 that she liked for friends and I bought a Kiwi! It's the homeliest little brown thing and it's sitting on top of my monitor.

On Friday night we went to the fabulous Mexican restaurant across from the dock where we load up our boat. Oh man, it was so good. They make the most awesome Margaritas, and the food is killer. I had some fancy stuffed pepper -- chile poblano rellenos or some such. It was fab. And I had flan for dessert. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Then yesterday we went out to an island to anchor for the night (about 3 1/2 hours to get there). We brought our other sailing buddies (Old 3 Fingers and his wife) with us who also wanted to say goodbye to the adventurers, and I went for a row in the dinghy with her. Then I concocted a what-have-you marinade for pork tenderloins and put together salmon and cream cheese hors d'oevres and made a salad and finally the other boat showed up just in time to grill the pork and have dinner for 9 on their boat. The pork was fantastic; I'll have to remember the recipe. Today O3F made breakfast for everyone and the other boat headed out on their trip at noon. We will be meeting them in Mass. next Sunday and spend 10 days cruising down the coast to NY and up the Hudson River.

Night ladies.

Kiwi
Old 06-24-2002, 12:58 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Talkin to myself

I rolled out of bed at 10:30 this morning, and even then I could barely drag myself awake.

My doggie has an eye infection, not the usual pink-eye type, something much worse. One eye is almost white and she can't see out of it. Vet says if it clears up okay she might get her sight back though. I sure hope so, I would hate for her to be a Helen Keller dog. I don't think she would ever learn to interpret my writing words on her paw with my finger....
MOLLY SIT No, it would never work.

Beautiful day here, breezy and sunny. I need to get out and trim the waist high grass...

Kiwi
Old 06-24-2002, 06:44 PM   #7  

Default Exciting lives

Kiwi, how can you say you feel that your life is dull? What could be more fun and exciting than sailing? Of course, taking the dog to the vet is always a ton o' excitment too. Hope he gets better. You'd look funny in a little harness, guiding him around.

Sunny and lovely here too, however it is hay season and DH has been spending every day out in the field. As soon as he gets the hay in we can have some fun. Until then, he always frets and worries until his barn is full. Do you know how hard it is to have 5 consecutive days with no rain in Oregon?

Happy to hear you have your life back, Bagzie. Mother to teenagers is a full time occupation.

I went with a couple of gal friends to a huge neighborhood garage sale. This is my list of loot - a set of china for $8.00, a really cool garden bench for $20, 2 rectangular terracotta pots for 3.50 for the pair, a big bundle of old rusted loop top wire fencing for something I haven't decided yet, for $3.00, 2 hardback books for free, and a neat garden tool for free, an old kitchen scale for $4, very rustic and an old flour sifter, $1, also very rustic, to put on top of my kitchen cabinets along with all my other antiquey looking kitchen kitsch. Then we had lunch at a wonderful little restaurant. A lovely day was had by all.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:25 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Nothing like a good ol' garage sale. You got quite a haul. I have some neat old rusty kitchen implements too. One we have never figured out. It looks like you could make giant melon balls out of it -- it has two handles and is hinged making a hole about an inch or so. Very hard to describe. I tell everyone it is for plucking out eyeballs.

Evil, aren't I?

Kiwi
Old 06-25-2002, 01:44 PM   #9  

Default Near brush with fame

The farm where DH is baling hay is being used as the set for a made for tv movie. Isn't that exciting? Well, it's really not, but it's as exciting as it gets around here.

It's another beautiful day in paradise here. I hope Sugar is appreciating the lovely weather I ordered in for here on the northwest coast.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:31 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default New diet

Click here for the Happy Woman Diet For sure you won't be finding your happiness in eating, anyway.

Are you going to watch them film the TV movie? I saw part of the filming of a Burt Reynolds movie back in the late 70s. With Jill Clayburgh. It was right down the street.

You could pack a picnic lunch. If I were you, I would include some of the delicious bbq marinated pork ribs that I just had for dinner. Don't forget to bring a book. Watching a movie being filmed is a lot like watching grass grow.

Would you believe I ate a whole lot of fresh cooked broccoli with not a speck of butter on it? Sprinkled lemon juice and salt and pepper and it was delicious. That should make up for the fact that I ate a slab of pork the size of my shoe...

Tata
Kiwi
Old 06-25-2002, 10:50 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default that kiwi!

the book was mailed Friday and you have it by now. Why haven't you said so? Honestly.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:40 AM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Because

The dog ate my homework?

Because the bear on the cover scared me?

Because the heat got to my brain?

Peaches, dahling, you are the kindest person on earth. Thank you, Thank you, a thousand thank yous!

I must go and put teenagers in my car and transport them to the far away consumer exchange centers and buildings of cinematic entertainment. Ta

Kiwi
Old 06-26-2002, 01:16 PM   #13  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default well, ok, then

DS is still sick from camping. Did I mention he was around someone with mono? He doesn't have it they don't think, so far, but he IS sick with infected things like tonsils, ears, throat, etc.

Update on the racist thing: The woman who gave me the info (whichs the boy said was all wrong) is now, from what I hear, saying she never talked to me. Her boss told me this. Her boss is not happy with her. Her boss told her to make all this go away. This makes me feel better.

I guess no one wants to come to Herbie's timeshare?
Old 06-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #14  

Default Timeshare

Peachez, dearie, if I could, I would. I'm going to be lucky to get to go to the beach w/ DH for a week in August. He doesn't think we will have the time. I told him that I'm going with him or without him, whether or not we have time. I swear if I don't get outta here I'm going bonkers.

OK, it's time for me to go shop for books at half.com. Kiwi, ya got anything good for sale?
Old 06-27-2002, 11:58 AM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Poor Peachboy

I hope he doesn't have mono, that can really ruin a summer. Tell him for me he shouldn't have been making out with all the hot girls at camp....

Yeah, Wabbit, I've got a great new book for sale about the Appalachian Trail. Just kidding Nah, mostly cr*p. But if you find something, you get the WLB discount (100%)

DD and her friend and I went to the movies yesterday: The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood ! It was terrific-- funny, sad, made me want to read the book again. The girls loved it, which I wasn't sure of, because there were sure a lot of tearjerking parts. Ashley Judd was fantastic. Ellen Burstyn was gorgeous, as were all the old broads--great old broads. Give us 15-20 years, that'll be us. Everybody go see it.

Also the soundtrack was great -- it was by T-Bone Burnett who did Oh Brother Where Art Thou and I am listening to it right now! (Yeah, isn't that pathetic, I went to Borders and bought it after the movie ) There's a song by Taj Mahal, among other things.

It is so humid here I can barely breathe. I walked up the driveway to get the mail with the dog. By the time we got back in the house, she was panting and drool was hanging off her lip. We do not have a/c, unless you count the monster window a/c that is sitting on the floor of the bedroom. Sure would be nice...
I want to go to your timeshare, Peachie. I'm available between Christmas and New Years... I'm glad you're not a racist after all.... By the way, are you still going to be in Davidson? Cuz my mother is now assuming, in the way mothers do, that I am going to spend a day or 2 there, since I mentioned that I might.

Kiwi
Closed Thread