Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #201 Bale of Turtles on the Run!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! Dark and cloudy here today, more storms on the way... but my yard work and gardening is done so that is ok with me , mother nature is taking care of the watering part... one less thing for me to worry about.

The scale is way up this week... not sure what is going on, it is possible that the steroid patches that the chiropractor is currently using on me could be causing it... along with TOM but I am just not sure... will keep plodding along and watch what I eat and hope that it gets better but I don't have high hopes for tomorrow's W/I.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
: to Princess. You were smart to get your garden work done and you've got a great attitude that the watering is being done by nature. I'm sorry about your weight gain, and I am wondering if the steroid patch might be doing that.

I'm doing pretty well. Last night I was craving beef and had a large piece and counted it in. Sometimes that's the best thing for me to do. We're having another murder party tonight. It takes place in a speak easy and my dh decorated the playroom to look that way. He went all out and created a "body" out of his clothing, a wig, and a hat. He's got "him" draped over a table with fake bullet holes in the coat. It really is spooky and funny at the same time. We're hoping to have a really good time tonight.

Father's Day is Sunday and I've got the menu planned. I'll be using some of the 35 points for that, but I find that if I count them in I can still lose weight.
I got on the yesterday and I felt that was a good start again. We don't have central A/C and it's been blistering record breaking hot here. Luckily the weather broke after a storm and it's beautiful today. I know we're supposed to be back to rain this weekend, but I hope the weathermen are wrong.

Good luck to us all with the food and exercise. Keep on keepin' on!!!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning, turtles!

Princess - hang in there, I am sure you will drop your unwanted gain in no time. You are really doing fabulous!

Judy - sounds like you are having a good time with your socializing. Good for you.

Had my w/i this a.m. & was very pleased. I was down 2.8# this week, so was very excited about that. So my "sticking to it" paid off & I am happy.
Now, just have to keep the momentum going over the weekend, which is always a challenge.

I bought beef the other day, but was too hot to cook it, so will make that up over the weekend - haven't had a nice roast beef dinner in awhile, so looking forward to that.

Right now, I am heading out to get some yard work done before the rain hits.

Beth, Cherry & Chrily - hope you are keeping well.

Have a great OP weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #5  

Hi ladies. Due to emotional eating and depression i had gotten myself up to a high of 228. Thanks to my husband help and eating good things when i feel like i have to eat i am down to 223.4 this morning. It is stormy weather here to. It is encouraging to know that You are all plodding on in the right direction.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #6  

Cherry - Congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #7  
Chick

Cherry, you;re doing great!!! keep up the good work!
: What is working out so well for you? Anything specific?
Judy
Old 06-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #8  

Nothing specific really. I have a major problem over eating. So i found some ways to make some of my favorite snacks a little or a lot more healthy than usual. Also i am trying to get motivated enough to exercise some.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #9  
Chick

Cherrym, thanks for the tips.

Bandit, : Somehow I missed your post. That 2.8#is a fabulous weight loss. Staying on track does the trick!!!!

I'm in the midst of my weekend. Last night we had another murder mystery that was a lot of fun. We had a couple of cancellations because of sudden sickness and my dh ended up playing two parts which turned out to be very funny because he wore a hat for one part and no hat for the other.

My ds and his family came in late last night and will be here through Sunday, Father's Day. It should be a good time.

I've gotta run because my grandson is looking for some attention.
Here's wishing everyone a Boot CAmp weekend with lots of water and exercise and all good things.
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland
Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #10  

Morning all and happy Monday! Went to W/I on Saturday... was up 3.0 lbs! Ugh! Oh well, I am on track and just need to keep going. Busy weekend here also. Had a house full yesterday and got my youngest DS off to his uncles in Philly, they head to England on Wednesday and then on to Italy on Thursday... I will miss him very much but I am also very excited for him to be able to have this opportunity.

Bandit: Awesome job on the loss! You are doing great! Roast beef sounds good to me too

Judy: Your mystery party sounds like a ton of fun! You and your DH seem to have a very wonderful social life!

Cherry: Great job on getting back on track, you are doing fabulous! Keep it up and you will be in onederland in no time!

I have to run, busy morning here at the office but I will check back again later on.
Princess
Old 06-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Boy, am I glad I found this group. You are all my lifelines. Thanks.

Princess, I am sorry your scale is up especially since you're on track. You're right. the only thing to do is to keep on going. :

Bandit, keep up the good work. It will be exciting to see you post another loss! :

Cherry, glad to see you're taking care of yourself by preparing lighter snacks.
It's a smart thing to do.

My socializing has definitely caught up to me. My dh and I had a heart to heart talk and we're going back to impromptu BBQ's and stuff like that. These big extravaganzas, although extremely fun, really take too much preparation and even though I prepare some lower calorie items the temptations are pretty high. So, we're going in a new direction with lower cal items available for spur of the moment events and that should work out better. I checked my weight this morning and I don't think I'll be able toget it where I want it by Wednesday, but we'll see. I always have the option of not weighing and still attending the mtg.

I've gotta run. Glad to see us posting and keeping the boot camp going.
Princess, I hope the scale cooperates soon. I know that pre-menopause can be a time of weight swings and that may be what's happening to you.
Judy
234.6/????/thinner into onederland
Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #12  

Hi turtles:

I kind of overdid my eating on the weekend & really have to keep on track before my w/i Friday. It sure doesn't take much to get side-tracked. On the weekend I had too much bread stuff & that is not good for me.

Today I have been completely OP & feel better for it.

Princess - sorry to hear about your gain. But with you being OP, it will be just a matter of time before it is gone. You are doing great!

Judy - yes, all those social events are more work, more calories, more temptations for sure. Better to address the situation now, rather than let things go too far. You have been working very hard to sabotage your efforts.

Cherry - sounds like you are staying focussed & that is great!

Everyone else - hope you are all keeping well.

We just finished having a really bad hail storm. Crazy!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #13  

Morning all and happy Wednesday! I go for another round of spinal injections tomorrow morning, the chiropractor has not been able to do anything about this last flare up so it is back to the other doctor to see if I can get some relief. I will be off line for a couple of days, it takes me a few days to recover from them. Hope everyone has a great weekend though.

Princess
Old 06-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #14  

Princess - I am sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope they can get you some relief.

Bandit and Judy - Thanks for the encouragement. You to princess.

I was On Points yesterday and it felt good. Hopefully today will be another on point day.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #15  
Chick

Dear Princess,
I'm sending you : and a to get through the shot that is coming up. You're in our thoughts and prayers and we'll miss you not being online.

Bandit, thanks for your encouragement. : You are right that I have worked too hard to sabotage my efforts now! Tonight dd is having a BBQ, but she said she'll have foods I can eat. Maybe I'll ring her and ask what I can bring.

Cherry, for staying on points yesterday. Sure it feels good when you do the right thing for yourself. You can do this. Make today a good day.