South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:39 AM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Is it okay to eat TWO stuffed bell peppers instead of one?

On Sunday I start the phase one and I was planning on making the stuffed bell peppers I read about under the phase one recipe forum. There is no way I could just eat one... is two okay??
Old 06-13-2008, 02:46 AM   #2  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

You can't lose weight if you don't eat! Just eat until you're full. The trick is to stop when you are, and that's tough. But once you figure it out, it's all downhill. If you eat one and are honestly hungry twenty minutes later, by all means eat some more. I like to keep raw veggies and hummus in the fridge to stave off hunger, and it can be really yummy, too.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Melanie, have you read the book? It is so important to thoroughly read the book so you'll have a full understanding of the hows and whys of this way of eating. Most libraries carry it, if you don't want to buy one.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Depending on the recipe, one pepper is 510 calories. Calories do count so I'd just have one.
Malanie, you absolutely MUST read the book.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  
Healthy mommy

Thanks guys.

Right now I'm winging it because I can't get the book right now, and owe library fees so I can't borrow a book. I'm gonna get my mother to order the book online a.s.a.p cause she has a credit card. I definitely plan on reading the book but until then I'm gonna wing it.

I understand about the diet that it is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, or anything unhealthy (like I feel Atkins is.) I know the first two weeks you cut out basically all carbs except for veggies, and then you slowly add back in good carbs that are low on the glycemic index, such as whole grains and etc. I've been doing that the past few months anyway, eating whole grains like whole grain pasta noodles and brown rice. It is really healthy, this diet. Just wanted to let everyone know that I know it is not a fad diet or a quick fix so I don't come off as a complete idiot attempting the diet without having the book yet. Lol.

I figure until I have the book, I'm doing a sort of form of the diet, which is to me, basically doing the phase one and then eating healthily like I've been trying to do in the past few months. I researched as much info online about it as possible.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #6  
Healthy mommy

Everyone keeps talking about how good hummus is (this girl where I used to work told me the same thing...) so I'm gonna try the raw veggies and hummus thing. I have my eye on some roasted garlic hummus at the grocery store because I love garlic.

I once tried black olive hummus and didn't like it. But I want to find a flavor that tastes really good.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 06-13-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Melanie I made those stuffed peppers the other night and they are quite filling, one did me in but since starting this plan my stomach has shrunk quite a bit too so I can't eat as much as I used to, which is a good thing I would say start with one, maybe make you a salad to go with it on the side, let that sit for 20 min after you eat and if after 20 min you are truly still hungry go for another or have some dessert But believe me after just a few days your stomach will be smaller too and one pepper will be more than enough I'm so glad you are joining us!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Try red pepper hummus. By the way, it's very simple and cheap to make.
Quote:
you cut out basically all carbs except for veggies
Not true! You must include dairy and legumes which are definitely carbs.

The Food Lists in the FAQ Section are the same as in the newest edition of the book. How about printing them off for reference?

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-13-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Melanie, how do you KNOW one pepper won't be enough?

you're setting yourself up

you should eat till fueled and satisfied but not stuffed.

you should be able to feel comfortable enough to take a brisk walk after a meal.
Closed Thread