Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'7

Default Will it hurt my diet?

I didn't walk today due to the heat and a migraine. I did however do 60 sit ups so at least I had some activity.

My calories are around 1975. BOO.

My fitday pc says I should stay under 1300. Don't think I can do that. It also says I burned 2500 by just doing my situps and my basic everyday living. I know it's not 100% accurate. But by it today alone I burned 2400 and am intaking somewhere around 1975.

Is that okay? And it won't mess up my weight loss plan will it?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

OK.
First - good job on getting some activity in even tho you had a migrane.

Second - One day of being over your calorie plan does not "mess you up"....it's the saying "geez I messed up. why bother?" that messes you up.

Tomorrow is a new day. Patience my darling.

As for Fitday and the calories it says I burn just by living? A load of hooie if ya ask me. I am pretty active, but I have my lifestyle set at bed-bound and it still seems high. Don't worry too much about the numbers of what you are burning, concentrate on the numbers that are going in.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Just checked out your blog - for me the learning how to get the most bang for my buck calories-wise has been a long journey. But the easiest way to get lots of food without too many calories is veggies, veggies, veggies. Salads - easy on the dressings (I'm into the spray on dressings lately), steamed veggies, raw veggies...learn to love your produce section.

I think it's great you are looking at your ratios of protein, fat & carbs. That's good stuff, you can play around with it. I aim for 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat. The protein is higher because I've been lifting weights and it helps build muscle. Everyone processes food different, find a ratio that you feel good with.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #4  

I think one of the main keys in having and maintaining weight loss is flexiblity in one's plan. Whatever you do to lose weight, you're going to have to keep doing it to maintain that loss. Sometimes life throws you curves. I think it's much better to be able to say, "Well, this was blip, tomorrow it's back to normal."

If you have a very rigid routine that you cannot vary from at all and still consider yourself successful, I think it's very probable that you'll eventually get discouraged and abandon your efforts altogether.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Can I ask how you are getting your calories burned figure?? That seems like a very high figure.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It's okay not to work out every day.

Don't think of this as a diet - think of a real life, workable, forever plan. Do you plan to work out everyday for the rest of your life, without ever skipping a day?

Of course, you're going to skip days. You might be crampy, have a migraine, be on a trip, spending Christmas with your family.

Let me be clear, this is not an EXCUSE not to work out, but it's a reasonable expectation for living your life.

If you have a migraine and can't work out for a day, it's okay, it will not wreck your weight loss. You shouldn't string day after no workout day along - get back on track at the next opportunity.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been fiddling with fitday for years and used to think I had it mostly worked out. Like Chick, I set mine at bedbound and only added intentional exercise.According to my entries, I was eating 500 or so less than I was using and I lost weight.

But 2500 is a lot of calories burned for a women. I don't do that even when I work a hectic shift and go to the gym. On a migraine day I probably don't use 1500 cals.

Krista at www.stumptuous.com (we love her) talks about the importance of rest days.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

delsey, you might also want to go back and read replies to your other post, Man Do My Abs Hurt. People gave you some good tips about exercise there.

You can simply post new questions in a thread you've already started, if it's on the same topic. No need to post a new thread each time! That way you can keep a conversation going.

Jay
Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

A day of rest is very very important. Your body needs it. You body can recover and in most situations..can improve your workouts for the coming days. I know when i've worked out too hard and haven't had a good rest day. I end up having a so so workout. Rest is neede...so take it. Sometimes your body is telling you it needs rest...so listen to it. One day of slightly off eating (trust me...you didn't go how wild on the calories there) won't kill you. Sometimes i think it helps my body if i occasionally eat a higher calorie day. It "Shakes things up" but just get back on par tomorrow and keep going.
Closed Thread