Old 02-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Chicken or Shrimp and Brown Rice

I had some brown rice left over. I don't like it plain, but didn't discover that until I had made 4 cups of it last weekend. Well, I found a recipe that wasn't quite what I wanted to make, but it gave me an idea.

First I browned four bonless chicken breasts. Add whatever spices you like.

Then I took out that brown rice (it was about 3 cups worth), dumped it in a non-stick frying pan and added two 14 oz cans of no salt tomatoes (recipe called for diced, but didn't have any so just cut up the whole ones). I added some spices (oregano, basil, use whatever you want) and put in the chicken. I let it simmer until the rice was hot and the chicken was fully done, about 20 minutes. Served it with fresh green beans on the side and a grapefruit. It was wonderful! (5 oz. Chicken, 5 pts; 3/4 c. rice, 3 pts; green beans, 0 pts.; grapefruit, 1 pt.)

Tonight, I quickly sauted 4 oz. of shelled shrimp (about 12 extra large ones) with Old Bay (I am sure Cajun seasoning would be great, too, I just thought of it too late) in my non-stick frying pan (add a bit of butter or oil if you must, I just use a couple tablespoons of water). When the shrimp were almost done, I took out the leftover rice and tomatoes and added one heaping cup (remember, those tomatoes are in there) to the shrimp and let simmer until fully heated and shrimp were done. Voila, instant dinner. Served with fresh asparagus and grapefruit. (4 oz. Shrimp, 2 pts; 1 c. rice, 4 pts; asparagus, 0 pts; grapefruit, 1 pt.)

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 02-29-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Phillygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #2  
banned

brown rice by itself is good... anything extra is just an added bonus. ;-)
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178.6/176.6/125

Height: 5.0

Thanks. I'm making that for dinner,TONIGHT!
Karissa125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178.6/176.6/125

Height: 5.0

I'll add some ff shredded cheese on top!
Karissa125 is offline   Reply With Quote