Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #1  

Default Contour Core Belt

Has anyone tried the contour core belt?
thed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm also curious about this. I got caught up in the infomercial Saturday morning. These things always made me skeptical, although it sounds like the theory behind it is logical enough. I'd never buy something like that, but I'm really curious if anyone has used it and gotten results.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Is the countour belt an eletronic pulse stimulator? I've had electronic pulse stimulators used on my knees in physical therapy before and they do have a medical purpose but from what I've read, they really have minor effects if the purpose is to build muscle/burn fat.

I couldn't find past articles I've read but here is one that covers some of the various aspects including the fact that the FDA has warned companies selling these devices in the past of making false claims.
http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu/AbSonic.htm

This technology has been used for the past 30-40 years in various medical uses and there have been many many products in the past which have been marketed toward the consumer but none have survived as they are not effective for the consumer use.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #4  

I was curious because I had the electrical stimulation done as part of therapy on my neck, and didn't know how it would be possible for it to work on a much larger muscle like the abs. Wouldn't it need way more of a jolt? It certainly wasn't always the most comfortable feeling on the neck muscles.
Thanks for the feedback.
thed is offline   Reply With Quote