Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default 100lb Club Chat: June 9-15

What's going on in your corner of the world? Please come chat with us.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

Happy Monday!

We had another quiet weekend around here without the DD's. I miss them. Will somebody remind me of this when they're back here and fighting 24/7?

Hubby and I went to see Ironman on Friday. The movie was really good! Anybody interested in seeing The Hulk when it comes out? I'm probably telling my age here, but I loved the TV show. I had a huge crush on Bill Bixby aka David Banner. I'm really interested to see Edward Norton in that role.

I everyone keeping cool? I can't believe how hot it is already! I'm dreading the higher electric bills.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #3  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

Good morning chicks . how everybody doing. it's monday what are your short term goal!!!!!!!!!
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey gang!

Rhonda - I loved the Hulk tv show. My sister had the biggest crush on Lou Ferigno
I don't want to see this one - viewed a long trailer on line, and the dialogue was horrible! I was going to see it because I really like Ed Norton, but can't quite do it.

I am waiting impatiently for Batman!! Love Christian Bale.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/228/130

Height: 5'3"

Can I join this chat? I'm new here, so if someone could let me know how this works, that would be great.

I am starting again, today. I'm not sure exactly what to start, because I have a number of obstacles which include breastfeeding a six-month-old (I've gained 15 pounds since I started bfing--did the same thing with the first one), hurting my knee or back every time I start an exercise program, and working full time with two kids, and a husband who travels a lot so I don't have much time.

Things on my side: my mother-in-law takes care of the kids, so that's much easier than taking them to a babysitter, great insurance, enough cash to pay a little extra for convenient, healthy food, and a few days of vacation coming up when my parents are coming to visit.

Here are my goals for this week:

1. Cut out the junk food while maintaining my calories at a high-enough level to support my breastfeeding. (This is actually pretty difficult. Has anyone ever tried to eat 2500 of non-junk?)
2. Do my core exercises every day, and cardio 3x this week. (I got my doctor to send me to a physical therapist because every time I've started an exercise program in the last 3 years, I've injured something. This way, I'm starting out slow, with support, and I will have a strong core, which is shot after having my last baby.)
3. Develop some menus that I can follow, knowing that I'm getting enough calories of healthy food. I'm planning to do the SuperFoods Diet.
4. Journal my food.

Any advice??
fireballgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #6  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

The power went off when I woke up this morning. I recently got possession of the house I bought.. and am a new hydroelectric customer so I started to get paranoid about them turning our power off.

But it turned out to be a town wide thing. darn it the power came back on 2 hours later and I'm stuck at work all day!

I'm kind of disapointed too... I recently passed the 100 lbs lost point. And I feel the same. I dislike the same things about my body... and I cant see a difference (there was one day last month I saw it... but sadly it was a one time thing.. havent seen the difference since) Just had to complain a little bit. I wish I 'felt it'.. ya know?
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday chicks! This weekly chat is a new thing isn't it Rhonda? I usually check in on the accountability thread, but I'm always happy to chat!
valpal, 100 lbs is awesome, you are doing so well. Unfortunately it sometimes takes the head a while to catch up. I guarantee you there is a difference with 100 lbs. lost, even if you can't really see it yet. Hang in there, you will "feel it" someday soon.
fireball, no rules, just jump in! And welcome. I'm no expert, but I think if you are nursing it's important to get plenty of protein and to not be afraid of reasonable amounts of healthy unsaturated fats in your diet. These are the higher calorie healthy foods that will help keep you going.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #8  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Good afternoon everyone!

We really need to find time to go to the movies...I have yet to see Sex in the City but on my list is Ironman, Indiana Jones, Batman, The Hulk, Baby's Mama...and I never go to the movies lol

My short term goal for this week is to actually remember to take measurements lol I think about it when I'm busy and then totally forget when I have the time
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm here .. I'm here. Let's see:

Ironman - saw it, loved it, woudl see it again.
Hulk - I adore Edward Norton and I really want this to be good. The Ang Lee one was horrible and I was so disappointed. (And yeah, Bill Bixby ... mmmm!)
Batman - can't wait. I love Christian Bale and I am curious to see Heath Ledger as the Joker (so sad, though)

The Plan:
Was diagnosed with walking pneumonia a week ago and am taking more drugs than you can shake a stick at. The prednisone esp has messed up my appetite and my taste buds. Not to mention my sleeping habits! (I'm sure folks on 3FC are really sick of my griping about the pred, but it's really bugging me!)

However, today I am back in the office and back on plan. I am craving my regular routine and regular food. I havent' made yogurt in 2 weeks! Argh.

Exercise:
Haven't done any since last week. Can't catch my breath enough. I did, however, shoot an 8 hour wedding on Saturday and did pretty well. So tonight I'm going to the gym and going to just take it easy getting back into the swing of things. I can't decide if I want to just get on the elliptical or if I want to try lifting. My legs and hips are bothering me though (in the sense of feeling stiff and unworked) so I might just do lunges and squats and stepups at a low weight and see how far I get.

That's my update!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #10  
M.S. + living balance

ooooo prednisone... so messed with my appetite and sleep too! I became the crazy famished eating with no regrets in the middle of the night woman. Get better soon photochick.

thanks for the encouragement smoodle... some day
Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #11  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone.

Valpal---I completely understand your disappointment. I am in the same situation that you are right now. You would think after losing 100 lbs you would be able to see a big difference in yourself. I can't see a difference in myself at all. But-I can see a huge difference in my dh who has lost 80 lbs. He says that he can see a difference in me but not in himself. My point is that other people can see the difference in us before we can. Don't get down and out. Keep on keeping on. Losing 100 lbs is amazing and you are doing fantastic. Hopefully one day soon our minds will catch on to the fact that we have lost so much. Just keep going and by the time you can see it you will be even smaller. You rock!

Photochick---I hope that you get off of that pred and feel better soon. I would love more info about you making yogurt. I would like to make my own but I am not sure where to start.

I hope that everyone else is having a great day.

I have weigh in tomorrow morning and I am worried about it. So far I haven't had a gain at weigh in but I think I will tomorrow. I have not been eating as well as I should have this week. I think that I may be sabotaging myself without knowing/meaning to. I am so close to being in the 100's and I think I am freaking out about it a little. Sounds crazy I know. I hope I can figure this all out.
ahill1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #12  
Dori

S/C/G: 258.8/234/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone! Well, I'm glad last week is over! I attended 3 high school graduations, 1 8th grade graduation, 1 6th grade graduation, 2 post graduation "get togethers", and 2 graduation parties...if I NEVER hear "Pomp and Circumstance" again it'll be too soon lol

I have been a HS cheer coach for the past 3 years (and coached Pop Warener for 4 years before that) and have decided to take a year off to enjoy my daughter's senior year. She is on the varsity squad and I coached JV last year, it was hard to coach my team and still be able to REALLY enjoy watching her do her thing. I am still Cheer Director for a Pop Warner League so that should quell any withdrawl!

I loved the Hulk TV show too...Lou Ferigo IS the Hulk and I hate it that someone else is trying to be him lol...and Bill Bixby was awesome...I cried when he died...and when the hulk died in the show's finale There are certain movies I want to see in the theater (Batman, Indiana Jones, Strangers...) others I will wait to see til they come out on video...the movie theater is one place I still get tempted REALLY badly...

My short term goal is to weigh 220 by July 7. I am visiting family and want to look and feel better than I did back in April when I started. So far so good, I have 9 lbs to go...Actually I had 9 lbs to go at my last weigh-in...I only weigh/measure in once a month so we'll see....
Mommie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #13  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Happy Monday chicks! This weekly chat is a new thing isn't it Rhonda?
Hey, Schmoodle! Yes, this chat is new. We're still doing the Accountability/Planning/Menus thread for..well, keeping accountable, sharing our plans for losing and posting our menus. However, we thought it would be nice to have another thread where we could feel free to just chat about everyday stuff, ya know? Afterall, losing weight is only one part of our daily lives.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #14  
M.S. + living balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hey, Schmoodle! Yes, this chat is new. We're still doing the Accountability/Planning/Menus thread for..well, keeping accountable, sharing our plans for losing and posting our menus. However, we thought it would be nice to have another thread where we could feel free to just chat about everyday stuff, ya know? Afterall, losing weight is only one part of our daily lives.
I think it's a good idea
Old 06-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #15  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning~still morning in Oregon. Got up went to meet my friends for our Mon. Wed. Fri. walk in the park. We just walk and visit as we go.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

As for movies I am looking forward to Batman (will be sad seeing Heath) and Ironman. Guess I will wait for Indiana and the others to come out on video. When my mil moved in with us we bought a plasma with home theatre so she could hear and see the tv and now I have to listen to food network all day long, try that and stick with plan!

Mommie27: My oldest dgd has won several award for cheerleading and I have a deep appreciation for all the hard work the coaches put in. I don't think people who are not involved in cheerleading at all appreciate it for the sport it is.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote