Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #1  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Default MRC - Take 20 Redux

Hate that we lost a couple of weeks worth of posts, but stuff happens. Here's the re-start of Take 20!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Hey Meemo!

Okay, I don't know if this is a good sign or a bad one. I have not been involved in this forum for 6 months and when I pledged to get back on it was down!

That could mean I am not supposed to be here, but I choose to believe that I get a clean start with the board!

In the time I have been gone, I have not lost any weight, but have almost maintained. When I was thinking about this one of my realizations was that I stopped doing well when I stopped being involved with this forum. I guess I need the daily accountability and support from those who understand. My center is great, but this group has always been awesome. So I guess I am back.

Hello to all members that are new since Jan. and a great big HOWDY to all those I have missed these past months!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #3  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Hey Meemo!

Okay, I don't know if this is a good sign or a bad one. I have not been involved in this forum for 6 months and when I pledged to get back on it was down!

That could mean I am not supposed to be here, but I choose to believe that I get a clean start with the board!

In the time I have been gone, I have not lost any weight, but have almost maintained. When I was thinking about this one of my realizations was that I stopped doing well when I stopped being involved with this forum. I guess I need the daily accountability and support from those who understand. My center is great, but this group has always been awesome. So I guess I am back.

Hello to all members that are new since Jan. and a great big HOWDY to all those I have missed these past months!

Welcome back, Karen!!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #4  

That was certainly weird ... tried to get on all day, finally did and my link didn't work anymore .... some maintenance they must have done .

I'm having a hard time sticking 100% back OP ... what have some of you done who have taken a "break" to get back with it? I haven't gained weight back, but need to finish the loss process ... and everytime I think I'm really motivated -- I'm not! I feel so much better and I think that plays a part ... but I know I could feel even better.

I'd love to know what has worked for those of you who have been off for awhile and then started back again. I did resign (I posted that already but I don't know what was lost in the "maintenance") for an additional 1 weeks and have about 10 to lose according to them, but about 20 according to me.

Funny thing, in my past life, 10-20 I would have laughed at -- like "is that all??" but now it seems daunting to me.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #5  

ooops, that should read "17 weeks" -- not one!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #6  

Hey Deb,

I have been struggling terribly to get back with it. Today I went in and told my consultant that I wanted her to write three goals in my chart so that I would be held accountable by whoever weighed me. My goals were:
1. Keep food diary, writing down everything I eat.
2. Get back on this forum to get additional support.
3. Get all my HNS that I am allowed in a day....for me that is 5.

I am hoping that will help. I had an awful winter with a lot of emotional stuff going on. That is not an excuse, but it makes things difficult. I resigned last month, but didn't get going until this month.

Maybe setting some goals and sharing them will help with accountability. I hope by sharing the goals here, you all will also help me stay on program!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #7  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I has Lasik done on my eyes this morning and am feeling pretty good. I go for a checkup tomorrow morning and should be able to take these darn annoying "shield" off of my eyes, thank goodness. I seriously think the medical tape holding the shields on my face hurts more (when taken off) than the laser did. Everything went great and I'm so excited to get through recovery and not wear contacts and/or glasses anymore! Oh, I also had strep throat this week (me and my 5 year old) so that hasn't helped with the program either. I did have a couple of shakes in place of meals b/c my throat hurt so dang bad, but now it feels great and I want to eat!

I've been totally OFF program this week and haven't even weighed in. I have only 39 more days left (after winning all those free weeks) and 12 pounds. I really want to lose more but I think they want to put me in stabilization in the next couple of weeks. I'll have to talk to them on Monday when I go back in FINALLY. See my post to Deb below. I need help getting back on track again! Thanks everyone. I hope you're all doing well. I guess I missed a lot and now I can't even go back and read it all b/c of the server crash. Take care.

Karen..I joined in February, so I'm a newbie here. Welcome back and I love your goals. I might have to "borrow" that from you.

Deb..I'm right there with you. I need to get back on track. I go days and think I'm doing well and then just fall off. This week it was Olive Garden last night and leftovers tonight. We've both come so far (you, even more so) and we know we CAN do it, but it is hard to stay focused and on track. So, please..ANYONE...How do you get back on track?

Last edited by Rocki; 06-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #8  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Meemo:Thanks for getting us back up and running! Hate that we lost all of those posts!

Deb:I was off the program for several years before trying it again! In between, I had had several major surgeries, gained back the 65 I initially lost in addition to some of its buddies! It took me some time to rededicate myself, my self esteem was shot and I was so frustrated. Suppose for me, I just felt I had enough and the only person that could do anything about it was myself! My DH was very supportive and by this time needed to loose some himself. We started OP together this go round! He has lost the 40 he set out for and I am still chugging along! You have done fabulous in the past and I know you will again and get those last few pounds off! My main support/place to vent and get info. is this site being OP mail order. But then again you already know that because you were around here before me! When you are ready mentally and physically, you will know!

Karen:I have been around since the beginning of APR on this forum! Welcome back! Look forward to sharing this journey with you! CONGRATS on maintaining, just jump right back on the band wagon and we all can do this together!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #9  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I has Lasik done on my eyes this morning and am feeling pretty good. I go for a checkup tomorrow morning and should be able to take these darn annoying "shield" off of my eyes, thank goodness. I seriously think the medical tape holding the shields on my face hurts more (when taken off) than the laser did. Everything went great and I'm so excited to get through recovery and not wear contacts and/or glasses anymore!

I've been totally OFF program this week and haven't even weighed in. I have only 39 more days left (after winning all those free weeks) and 12 pounds. I really want to lose more but I think they want to put me in stabilization in the next couple of weeks. I'll have to talk to them on Monday when I go back in FINALLY. See my post to Deb below. I need help getting back on track again! Thanks everyone. I hope you're all doing well. I guess I missed a lot and now I can't even go back and read it all b/c of the server crash. Take care.

Deb..I'm right there with you. I need to get back on track. I go days and think I'm doing well and then just fall off. This week it was Olive Garden last night and leftovers tonight. We've both come so far (you, even more so) and we know we CAN do it, but it is hard to stay focused and on track. So, please..ANYONE...How do you get back on track?
HEY ROCKI Welcome back, we have missed you! You and 3MM has been MIA! Hope you are feeling much better soon! I had lasik back in 2003! Best thing I ever did! I was told the best thing for your eyes to recover was to go home and go to sleep! I had wore glasses since I was in the 2nd grade! My eyes were really bad and constantly getting worse in addition to finally getting a stigmatism (if I spelled that correctly)! Best money I have spent, my DH did'nt understand, I stood in front of the TV crying because I could read the fine print on the bottom of the TV! For days, I would stand in the window and tell DH what kind of car was up across the road parked in the car ports! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

As for getting back on track, I was off for about 1 1/2 weeks! We know what to do! I got some of my HNS in the mail yesterday, got up this morning, it was a new day - jumped right back in with both feet! It's not easy, I really havn't been hungry and feel bloated! Kind of crazy - with this heat/humidity - I want ice water but just feel so bloated and don't feel like I can put anything else in my stomach! I have been having to make myself eat today! Still havn't had dinner and really don't want it but will force it down (I will try and find something light)! We can do this together! I am determined to drive on and make it to the finish line!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Karen,
I am so glad to see you back! Good for you! You can do it! I know that this board has been more to me than the center. I haven't wi there for about a month and I am doing just fine. This board is here 24/7 and I know if I just check in. it keeps me motivated. I went to a Body Pump class at the Y today and totally kicked my butt, but I felt good when I left because I have been eating more and more, but making wise choices. You can do this, don't give up. Welcome back- you are always so great to listen to, we need you to keep us on track. I know you have a lot of stuff to deal with but you can do it!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #11  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I finally found us!!! Yay!!!! I've been soooo lost!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5

Default Day 1

Tomorrow starts day one of the real program...I'm all set, spent much of the evening prepping food for the first few days. I am happy to report that pre-conditioning went well and I am down 3 lbs even with TOM.

BTW must admit I am kind of bummed about the crash...it lost my profile and everything, oh well...I'm still new!

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and advice...you all are a wealth of information and inspiration!

Alisha
Old 06-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #13  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Wow that must have been some crash!! I have tried to get on the board several times today. I hate that we lost so many posts.

Alisha...Good Luck....I know you can do it!!! You will be so glad you did.

Karen...I have been here since March, so I am still pretty new!
Glad you're back. Good luck getting to your goal.

Rocki...Glad to here from you and so glad your surgery went well. I know you can get back on track. Did I read right???? 12lbs to go.....Girl...JUST DO IT!!! I don't have any words of wisdom for you except you are worth giving it the extra effort to get those last lbs. off.

3MM..Where are you? We miss your wit and recipes!

I am going to be in Atlanta for the weekend. We are going to a Braves game tomorrow. I am going to try to stay OP as much as possible. I really want to reach my goal of getting into a size 18 before we leave for our cruise on the 28th.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #14  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Tomorrow starts day one of the real program...I'm all set, spent much of the evening prepping food for the first few days. I am happy to report that pre-conditioning went well and I am down 3 lbs even with TOM.
Alisha
Way to go - 3 lbs. is a great start! "AND WITH TOM" That rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I am going to be in Atlanta for the weekend. We are going to a Braves game tomorrow. I am going to try to stay OP as much as possible. I really want to reach my goal of getting into a size 18 before we leave for our cruise on the 28th.
I am rooting for you! YOU CAN DO IT! Enjoy yourself and have fun!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #15  

Hey Graduate!

Good to see you are still here! I do believe this was a key to my weight loss. Sometimes it is hard to go back and admit it when you have messed up, but if the people here can't understand a mess up, then I doubt anyone can! Good for you and your workout today! You look fantastic and I assume graduation went well!

Thanks to all who greeted me. MS Gigi, Snflrgrl, Deb, and Rocki. I hope to get to know you all better and look forward to your words of wisdom.

As for goals, I met all three today and stayed on program. Wanted to munch tonight so came here instead.

Need good thoughts for the weekend My daughter turns 21 on Sunday and we are having family over for ice cream cake and death by chocolate. I plan to have a pudding and a bar if necessary to see me through!

Thanks for being there!
Closed Thread