Old 06-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Default Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok I just mindlessly ate 3 freezie pops!!! I have got to get a handle on this eating!!!!!!! I start out every day strong and as soon as the sun goes down I turn into Mr. Hyde!!!!!!
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #2  

Three freezie pops aren't the worst you could have done

Take it one hour at a time, I usually try to plan a snack or two for night time, because I am the same way and, the more tired I get, the worse I am -- which stinks because I work at night, so it's not like I can go to bed....

It's done and over with -- don't compound it by feeling guilty -- just be ready to start fresh in the morning.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Planning. Planning. Planning. Planning.

That's what works for me. Write down what I'm going to eat and stick with it. When I eat off of my plan, I eat too much or the wrong things. So plan your evening snack, and eat from the plan.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #4  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Nighttime is the hardest for me, too. Hang in there. My best advice- get rid of the freezie-pops! Don't even have them in the house. I know I can't have the stuff that tempts me (cookies/pastries/candy) in the house.

Tomorrow is another day!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I've been there. And recently. It sounds like you didn't do much damage, but it's the out of control feeling that the WORST, isn't it??

I know it's frustrating, but sometimes it helps me to see these problems as opportunities to figure out what's going wrong so I can fix it!

Any idea WHY you do this in the evening? Hunger? Stress?

Can you come up with strategies to deal with it? Depending on the cause, the solution will vary...

But know above all, you are not alone!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Go read the vomit and poopoo thread. It totally cured my munchies tonight! LOL!!

Last edited by Lyn2007; 06-09-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am sorry you are so frustrated. Next time unplanned food calls to you - take some very deep breaths and leave the house, if you can. Or listen to some meditation tapes. Sometimes, reading past posts here will help me get through hard time.

I totally understand what you are saying and feeling.

Everyday is a new beginning, friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-09-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:26 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It could be that you are trying to restrict too much? And that might make your evening "munchiness" even worse. Make sure that you're getting enough to eat during the day--that your calorie level, or whatever, isn't set too low. This is just one strategy, but it might help you stave off the urge.

I agree about getting the tempting foods out of the house. At the same time, you can allow yourself "a" snack in the evening. One of my favorite evening snacks this time of year is part-skim ricotta cheese (1/4 cup) with fresh blueberries (1/4 or 1/3 cup) and a teaspoon of real maple syrup. This is around 125 calories and a good nutrient ratio. It is almost like having some ice cream!

Other folks plan different snacks, like sugar free jello and low cal whipped topping. It all depend on your taste.

And then, you have to use some will power to say enough is enough. This will get easier the longer you do it!

Good luck! Take it easy!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-09-2008 at 07:27 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 AM   #9  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

If you are struggling, you need to give yourself as much help as possible. Which means getting the junk out of the house. If you are eating freezer pops mindlessly - they don't need to be in there. Just throw the rest out, right now.

You need to figure out why you are eating mindlessly? Is it boredom? Depression? Happiness? When you start to grab for food, try grabbing your shoes instead and get moving on a walk. Get away from the food. These are the behaviors that you are going to have to change to be successful, so take it one day at a time!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Planning ahead is the key. Plan for low calorie, healthy snacks. Some ideas are. non fat yogurt 60 calories, laughing cow low fat cheese wedges 35 calories. jello 10 calories, pudding 70 calories. Keep an assortment on hand for when the munchies hit.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

i'm a huge fan of the sugar-free mr. freezies, they do the same trick to cool you down but guilt free !
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #12  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I freeze grape juice in popsicle forms--cheaper, healthier than some strore-bought frozen treats. They satisfy me which is the point of it all, isn't it?
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #13  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

When I first started changing my way of eating I had to stop drinking nightitme tea with DH. I was too conditioned to having it w/sweets or cookies. Now I have it and am ok without sweets. (But depending on where my head/app. is at I won't let him have them either )
Is it a habitual type of thing?
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #14  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I don't even want to talk about what I ate yesterday. But today's a new day, and we just have to pick ourselves up and get back on plan. Three freezie pops really isn't the end of the world, honest! Take the great advice you've gotten here and figure out how to avoid the evening munchies. It's hard, but you can do it.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote