View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #49
KathleenY

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Stir Fry Heaven!

Hi, back on this diet after a long time off and I am remembering some of my favorite meals. I swear I eat so much better on this diet than I do eating "regular meals". I made a stir fry tonight with scallops, sliced brussels sprouts, broccoli, snow peas and mung bean sprouts.

I put a little soy sauce on it, and a little olive oil and spices for flavor! God it was good! As good as anything I've ever eaten in a restaurant if I do say so myself. Oh, yeah, for my bread (I am on green menu) I used 1/4 cup of Quinoa, a type of tiny grain that is really good for you. I like using my days allotment of oil (2 tsp for me) with this type of dish as the olive oil really adds flavor. Gotta keep the soy sauce to a little, but even a little really makes the flavor heavenly! I remember I made this dish a whole lot when I was OP before, usually making it when I had company as everyone loves it, and I make a lot when I have enough ingredients as it keeps well for a couple more meals, the cooking part all done at once!

I just wanted to say that I'm really digging being back OP, I have already lost 4 lbs and am looking forward to getting back into my small clothes! I know I probably should have shared this on the recipe page, but really I'm just glorying in how even though this is definitely a diet and a darned strict one at that, one can still eat totally delicious meals with a little thought for the ingredients and what the plan allows. I lost 60 lbs before on this diet, and in jig time too, about 6 months.

The more I stuck right to the plan the quicker I lost, I'm going to tattoo this to the inside of my eyelids, it's really true. One of the reasons I'm so gleeful is that I recently spent about 5 months on LA Weight Loss and lost hardly anything! Good diet for some maybe, didn't do it for me! So glad to be back on a plan, which, though not utterly easy breezy, really really works!