Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Worldly Chicks - Let's Jettison the Junk in June

Is it deja vu?

Nope Just rebuilding the thread after the Great Server Crash of June 5. Apparently all posts after May 23 have been lost.

But we are a chatty lot and will catch up quickly.

Take a deep breath and stretch - how often do you get a second chance to do over 2 whole weeks?

Sounds like a good time to firm up the resolve to me. So welcome to June. I myself will be working on jettisoning some "junk in the trunk"
Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Looks like I'll have to reload my avatar too.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh is that what happened? I was there and then I couldn't get back in. Aaahh well we had all been saying how slow and strange the site had been getting.

I'm at the airport, waiting for the flight that never comes. It's been delayed twice now. But that's okay, they may have to pour me into the plane if it finally gets here. Not sure of the reason behind the delays, but they are definitely running late today.

Should be back in Brisbane tonight. I will catch up at that point.
See ya all
Old 06-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #4  

Pretty avatar happy!!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hello everyone
Old 06-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

Thank you Shad, you were there when DH took it (the picture in my avatar). It's the famous water lily from the pond at the Botanical Gardens in Chicago. I believe you have a white one somewhere in your collection.

I hope your flight got going finally. Flying today is annoying enough but when you get delayed, it's horrendous. Hope you are at least in a decent airport.

Good to see the chicks are gathering back in again. I was wondering why the site was out of commission last night and today. Should have known it was server issues - particularly since Suzanne is good about announcing planned outtages. This website is a labor of love, so glad for everything that Jen and Suzanne do for us.

So... DH was going to head out at 3am on Saturday to go pick up the car. I really wanted to go with him and he convinced me otherwise. I was hoping that all would be well with the car. Now mind you they called us on Tuesday and said the car was fixed and ready to be picked up. This evening I was out pulling briars out of the bushes and talking to Mom who was chillin' on the patio when the telephone rang. DH went inside to answer it and comes out. It was the Toyota place. They took the car for a test drive TODAY and discovered the radiator needed replacing. TODAY - 4 days AFTER they call and say it's ready they decide to test drive it?????? And - when it got towed in, the whole front end is smashed in, the radiator is smoking and the car is undriveable. How could you NOT think the radiator needed to be looked at?????? Has service truly gotten that bad or is it just this way down here? All I can say is that it's a very good thing that DH did not drive 350 miles, drop off the rental, get 100 miles or so down the road and then discover there were problems out in SmackDabIndaMiddleUhNowhere Illinois. Now I have to say that the customer service person who has been helping us has been super incredible fantasmagoric helpful way more than she needs to be but I still have to wonder... Anyway that will probably take another week so at least I will be available to ride with DH on the next attempt. Although I'm almost thinking it might be better to play co-pilot from here at home.

I had a nice day off today. My friend from work came over and spent a long lunch with us at the house. We had a great visit. Worked in the yard for a while - geez it was hot out. Grilled up some nice fish for supper with some sugar snap peas and a mandarin orange/cranberry/walnut spinach salad. DH took us down to the custard place for some soft serve ice cream he came back and had a dish of vanilla with some homemade strawberry rhubarb sauce I made the other day. And another day has raced by...

Didn't have anything special planned for tomorrow - Mom wants another trip to the used book store, I will probably do more yard work. She did all the laundry yesterday because she wanted something to do. So we can kind of chill out. My friend at work recommended a retired gentleman who is going to start doing the lawn mowing and perhaps some trimming for us. That will really help DH as it's getting pretty hard on his back and with the hours I work, I can only really help out just a bit on the weekends. I'm kind of hoping that if DH doesn't have to make the big drive this weekend that perhaps he can work on fixing the broken pipe so we can open the pool. Supposed to be in the 90's all week long - a swim would be nice.

And now I think it's time to get to sleep. Good night chicks. Safe travels Shad.

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-07-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #7  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I DID E-MAIL CAUSE I COULDN'T GET ON HERE. BUT THEN I HAD A THOUGHT AND UNLOADED MY TEMP FILES AND HERE I AM. THEN GOT I LOST AND FELT ABANDONED. NO PAGES. I DID SEE THAT UPSWIFE WAS IN MAY AND THAT CARLA AND SHAD HAD ANSWERED. HOPE SHE FINDS HER WAY. I TRIED TO PM HER BUT THE PAGE WON'T LOAD. I NEED TO CLEAN UP MY HISTORY. SOMEHOW WHEN CRASHES HAPPEN TO SERVERS, WITH AOL I HAVE TO GET RID OF ALL TRACES BEFORE THE SITES WORK 100% FOR ME
OK ENOUGH OF THIS...WASTE OF TIME...

THANK YOU HAPPY FOR LEAVING A TRAIL OF BREADCRUMBS. AND I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE WASTED TRIP. THANK GOD HE WASN'T ON HIS WAY BACK WITH THE DANG CAR AND THEN HAVING IT HAPPEN! POOR SOD THOUGH. LOVE THE AVATAR. SUCH A PERFECT PICTURE AND FLOWER! WHICH REMINDS ME...IN THE LAST CRASH I LOST MY WHEELS OF FIRE. WAS WONDERING IF YOU STILL HAD YOUR CREATION. YOUR DAY WITH FRIEND AND MON SOUNDED VERY NICE TOO!

SHAD....SAFE TRIP HOME AND HOPE YOU ARE SOUND ASLEEP BY NOW IN YOUR OWN BED! DID YOU WALK UNAIDED INTO THE PLANE OR DID THEY USE A WHEELCHAIR! I WAS GOING TO ASK ABOUT THE DS AND HOW HIS HAND IS? ALSO HOPING YOU ARE BOTH FEELING BETTER WITH THE COUGHING STUFF!

HI RENNIE

GOING OUT FOR A FAST RIDE. HOT ALREADY
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning ladies
Happy
Love the new avatar. I worked outside from 5 p.m. on with interuptions from the neighbors. It was hot, but not bad with the breeze.

Shad
did you make it home?

Mel
Are your eyes doing better?

My trip to Jonesboro to the doctor was really good. He's a keeper. He took the heart diesease on my mom's side of the family very serious. Something my previous doctor didn't do.

Thank's to the three sisters for getting the sight back up and running.

My goal for today is to reclaim my bedroom and finish the laundry before going to Paragould for the rest of the week end.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I found the new thread!!! I must have popped on right after they got it back up and running because I didn't see the announcement until this morning.

I am feeling better, now just a little queasy, but much better that vomiting all the time...TMI Thankfully my sister was able to stay with us and help me out, otherwise my kids would have missed the last two weeks of school. They are out now, and driving me nuts! Hoping I feel well enough in the next few weeks to go out to the gym and take them swimming...they have been so good about me being sick...my nose has been extra sensitive, and they have learned that after being outside not to come very close to me. LOL

Have to get moving and hop in the shower...talk to you ladies later!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #10  

Morning all,
I did get home last night. 2 hours later than planned but who is counting. DS picked me up wearing a tee shirt, cut off jeans and bare feet and complaining about the cold. Since I was wearing thermals and about 3 layers of everything I was complaining about the heat. Came home to find the DS had cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the lounge, done some washing, cleaned the loo and bath so today is not looking as busy as it was. I suspect we may have a new lady on the horizon!!!

The Go-Advanced setting is working again. Must have been something to do with the server problems and not just me as I thought.

Happy - good job the DH hadn't left for his long journey when they rang. I think you are justified in feeling a bit annoyed about the radiator problem, however it may have been that while the car was sitting around waiting to be picked up, they noticed a pool of water on the floor, or they wanted to move it someplace to make way for something else and were alerted to the problem. I remember an old car we had once that did just that. Fine while the car was moving along but idling or standing was another story. I'm just guessing here, but there may be a reason for this. Anyway, better as I said to know now and not when he is a hundred miles into his journey.
Melbourne Airport is okay. Nice shops although expensive, and I have membership to the Qantas Club so I could go get a drink and a nibble as required. Just glad there wasn't a huge delay or I might have had more than one drink.

Mel, I have had to unload all the cookies and temp files on the laptop to be able to get past May as well. Microsofts Vista sure keeps me guessing on occasions. I'm using the laptop because DS2 has shifted the modem because we are now on wireless internet and he had my computer going okay last night but this morning I can't get onto my mail or the internet on it, so I am using the laptop, where I can do these things. Bah humbug. I did walk alone and unaided to my plane. I stopped at the shops along the way. Didn't buy anything but went slow so they had to wait for me. After all, I'd had to wait for them and I knew they wouldn't go without me. Wouldn't dare.

Morning Ceejay - yes I did make it home okay. Thank goodness. Glad to hear you are getting on well with the new doctor.

Ellen - hi, hope you get to feel better from now on.

And with that, I'd better go and get on with today. The poor garden looks awful. I need to weed and trim.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #11  
Smackin' into a Wall

We crashed? I wander off for a few days and we lose all our posts? Sorry I missed it~
Happy ~ I love your new avatar! Geez, what a car story. Yeah, wouldn’t checking the radiator be the first thing you would do in a front end crash?? I think it’s a great idea to get someone who wants to do the yard work to help out.

Mel~ Glad you made it out of the woods and found your way, following breadcrumbs, out of the forest again. Stay Cool!

Shad~ I had to laugh that your conclusion that the house was clean because your DS wanted to impress a chick! Men!

Ceejay~ How terrific that you found a keeper doc. Hang onto him!

Ellen~ Hope you feel better and better soon. Geez man, I do not know you how Mom’s cope when you get sick, but it’s good that you got some family help. I am in awe!

The warm weather is finally here (YAY) and so the DH and I patio’d, and tomorrow I will go for a LONG bike ride to compensate. Tomorrow morning is grocery shopping and the plan is to buy things to build 3 lunches to take to work. I can manage that, I think. If all else fails, at least I am eating veggies!

Ok. I’m not going to press my luck but I’m going to post this entry. Thank you to the sisters for getting the techie issues under control. Work has been crazy busy this week as we get into system testing with some of the users. We’ve had some good feedback, but spending all day coming up with ways to break the darn thing can be tiring.

Last edited by Madcat; 06-07-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Hey all,

I'll probably post now as Mom and I are going to church in the morning which means getting up and dressed early so I won't get to the PC for a while tomorrow. The days are flying by - Mom is leaving Tuesday morning we have all enjoyed each other's company. I told her she had to come for longer next time. She said who would take care of the house? I told her if she sold it that would not be a problem but she is not quite ready for that yet.

Today we went shopping and happened into the library when they were having a huge Friends of the Library book sale. We got a bag full of bargains. I'll probably be shipping some books home to Mom since she got more than she could carry. We had a nice dinner at Outback Steak House and then came home, watched a movie and had some ice cream. It was a nice day - well maybe not for poor DH who slaved working in the very hot yard while we were shopping. But next week will be back to the routine and I'll help him and he will also have Mr. M helping him out.

Madcat - good luck with the testing. Hope you and DH have a great bike ride tomorrow. Isn't it wonderful to have nice fresh weather again? And fresh veggies to take for lunches. I am excited that the farmer's markets are open again.

Shad - that was very nice of DS to clean up the place -even if he had ulterior motives nice to come home to an orderly ship. Did you get much gardening done? Have the weeds awakened with the recent rains?

Ellen - sorry to hear that the morning sickness is still hanging around. Nice that your sister was able to help you out. Hope you get back on your feet soon.

Ceejay - I like that phrase - reclaim the bedroom - it fits the battles I have sometimes Did you get everything done on your list? Looks like it's even hotter up your way than over here. You must be sizzling.

Mel - I still have the wheels - won't ever delete them. Will be glad to send them your way again. I hope you were able to get outside for a little bit. Tonight Mom and I watched the movie 27 Dresses. It starts out with Katherine Heigl talking about growing up in YOUR TOWN! It's famous now!!!! I said to Mom - that's where Mel lives!!!!!! I get excited about the littlest things

Well Mom went upstairs and then came down and we wound up chatting for over an hour. So now it's really late and I have to get up early so I can get ready on time and grab a cup of coffee before church.

So hello to Shy and Carla and our other lurkers. And a good night to all, good day to those on in the sun's light right now...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #13  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY IS OFF TO PARAGOULD AFTER RECLAIMING HER BEDROOM! GO CEEJAY!

SHAD HAS ARRIVED HOME SAFE AND SOUND...AS WELL AS LATE. I CAN JUST SEE YOU DRAGGING YOUR FOOTSTEPS AND MAKING THEM WANTING TO HURRY YOU ALONG!! WELCOME BACK!! THIS MORNING 3FC MADE ME SIGN IN...HAD TO GO HUNTING FOR MY PASSWORD!!

MADCAT MISSED ALL THE FUN OF THE CRASH
HOPEFULLY NO ONE AT YOUR PLACE LEARNS ANY NEW WAYS HOW TO BREAK ANYTHING ENJOY THE WARMER WEATHER AND THE BIKE...AND PATIO

HAPPY AND MOM MARE PARTING ON TUESDAY...WHERE DID THAT TIME GO????? SEEMS LIKE SHE JUST GOT HERE. AND YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH THE MOVIE. I GET EXCITED ABOUT STUFF LIKE THAT TOO! OMG WE CERTAINLY ARE A PAIR!!.

ELLEN IS BACK AND NOT VOMITING SO THAT'S GOTTA BE A GOOD THING!! STAY WELL AND HAPPY! BEEN A TOUGH TIME FOR YOU

SOMEONE KNOCKED ON THE DOOOR AT 5:30 BUT BY THE TIME I GOT THERE THE HALL WAS EMPTY.
COULDN'T BE MUCH OF AN EMERGENCY THEN !
ALMOST 80* AT 6AM AND OF COURSE OUR HALL A/C HAS DECIDED TO TURN ITSELF OFF AND REMAIN THAT WAY! THANK GOD THE A/C IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM IS STILL RUNNING. I AM JUST DOING EVERYTHING IN SLO MOTION. JEN IS LEAVING TODAY. THE DD IS ARRIVING TODAY. GRANDPA IS BUYING A NEW TRAILER FOR SURE AND IT'S GETTING DELIVERED NEXT WEEKEND. THAT'S ALL THE NEWS FROM NJ. DARE I SAY IT'S BEEN A BIT QUIET?
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday ladies --

I tried checking in Friday, but the site was unavailable. We've had lots of storms here since Friday night. We did manage to get a bit of fishing in yesterday morning before it got hot, muggy and rainy. We didn't catch anything, but we did have fun. It'll be a rainy, stormy day with thunder, lightning, hail and all the rest. So we'll be close to home, but away from the computer.

I need to shore up my resolve as well. I've been eating more treats than I should and exercising less. So that's gotta change.

Happy - your new avatar is lovely. What a pain about the car repair place! Why didn't they test drive it BEFORE they said it was ready. At least DH hadn't left yet. Sounds like you're really enjoying the time with your mom. How nice that your friend could come by for a visit. What a shame that your mom is leaving so soon. I feel so fortunate that DMIL has been here since the end of April and we still have a little over a month left with her - even that feels like too short a time. So I can relate to your sadness.

Shad - I'm glad you made it back home. So nice that DS had cleaned the house and done the laundry. What a treat! Even if he did possibly have to clean to impress a lady friend.

Mel - I hope your A/C gets fixed. We had ours on yesterday and through the night, probably today too. Just to keep the mugginess out of the house.

Madcat - Good luck with your system testing.

CeeJay - I'm glad to hear your doctor visit went well. It's so nice to find a good doctor. DH and I finally found one here. I hope you have a nice time in Paragould.

Ellen - I'm glad the morning sickness is getting better. So nice that your sister was able to help you out.

Well, ladies, I'd better run and get going on my day!

Big and to all!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

afternoon ladies! I didn't make it to church this morning, still feeling a little ugh. Slept all morning...I must have been pushing too hard the last few days. The kids had a couple of appts so I pushed to get to them...one more on MOnday, Then Friday I have an OB appt...thankfully they are super close and I don't have to drive too far. the family should be home soon, but the rain may hold them up a little. all the rain we were supposed to get Friday and Saturday is coming now...my yard is already flooded and there is a small river flowing on the sidewalk. well, I Am heading off, have a great day!
Closed Thread