Old 06-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Default Weekend Challenge

we're still on right??

i've been good but sundays are always my downfall.

how is everyone else doing so far?
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #2  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Today has been good so far, last night I managed to grab a coffee to curb my cravings.. how about you?
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #3  

Lastnight i was pretty ok. I always leave a dairy for when i have a craving for something. Well for the past week or so i havent had that last dairy and i'm really trying to stick to the weekend POP which for me means getting in all my foods so after dinner i had my yogurt smoothie and i was satisfied.

Another reason weekends are tough is because we do grocery on sundays and usually by saturday morning we're out of fruit and its like slim pickins around here. Anyway to solve that problem for the past 2 weeks everytime i go grocery i get an extra apple because it seems to be the 1st to go and i love my apples but wouldnt you know it even tho i buy extra its still always gone by saturday morning. LOL. I have no idea why that happens so tomorrow i'm going to buy yet another extra one and see what happens. Also we buy a pineapple and i get too lazy to peel it so on saturdays when i'm dying for a fruit i end up peeling that.

Also today i made lasagna for dinner tonight. Its up there in fat but i stay POP with it and its satisfying so i dont feel deprived.

You didnt ask for a book so sorry for giving you one.

Last edited by Debbie24; 06-07-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Debbie...........how did you do? I am happy to report that I made it. I have a feeling you did too......I know the amount of self discipline you have inside of you. I know you have it, cuz it takes A LOT of it to make it as a stay at home mom. I hope you take a lot of pride in what you do. You are doing the most important job in the world right now. I know it is hard. I saw a billboard yesterday on my way downtown that made me think of you. I think it was an anti-abortion ad...........and that is not why I thought of you.......I thought of you because it was a picture of a whole bunch of little kids...and it simply stated, "make it your life's work." That is how I feel about my choice to be a stay at home mom. And no.........we dont' have lots of money.....I am not the kind of stay at home mom who goes out and gets mani's and pedi's........and I don't have a gym membership......and I drive a 1997 Suburban (not a gas hog........just have lots of people I transport).......we make our sacrifices.........and I have struggled with that decision different times in my life........I have gone back to school......done home daycare when $$$ was real tight............thought about my future......but you know.....my future is now.......and these kids and grandkids are my life's work. They are for all of us.......whether we work outside of the home or inside. Anyway........I think I am losing track of what I wanted to say to you........I know it has been tough for you lately.......but keep doing what you are doing. Follow your instincts......no matter what anyone says......you are a great mom.........keep up the great work
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Nicole Debbie, as moms, especially moms of MANY... we forget to do things for ourselves and take care of us. I find if I am looked after, I am a happier, more fit and pleasant mom/wife/friend.person to be around, when I mess that up, I am miserable. I hope you find the inspiration that you need inside you.

*hugs*
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #6  

Nicole & Elizabeth you ladies are just so sweet. Thank you for the mood boost. I did really well this weekend. I think i missed a fruit on sunday but i didnt eat anything i wasnt supposed to. I'm still going strong today. I was down 1lb in my WI today but its 1lb in 2 weeks. I'm not going to stress over it tho because i'm pretty happy right now with where i am.

Nicole its good to hear that even with all the struggles you still love being a SAHM. It is really tough surviving on 1 salary with 3 kiddos but i'm also happy to make the sacrifices because my kids are the most important thing in my life so if i dont have enough $ to splurge on material things its fine with me because i have them.

I actually left my baby for 2hrs and went out all by myself. I havent been out alone in over 8mo and he did great, i'm so proud of him.

Things are definitely starting to look up and we have to force ourselves sometimes to remember how much we do have and not think about what we dont because more often than not what we have is so much more than we realize.

Nicole i know at some point we will have struggles also but i will remember you at those times and know that it can be done and we can get thru them.

Also you really have been kicking butt lately, you're doing great. Keep it up!

Elizabeth i do think i need to take some more time to myself and i know if i do i would be more patient with the kiddos and thats what they need so thats another thing to remember if we take care of ourselves we would take care of the ones we love better. Thank you for reminding me that.

Last edited by Debbie24; 06-10-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #7  

Hang in there! I am a semi stay at home mom, I do hair from home and I go out and teach hairdressers how to properly color hair and chemically straighten hair, etc. I try to drop my kids off at school and then do my "classes" to be home when the kids get home...sometimes it backfires. In the mean time I miss most of my lunches, eat in the car, and go out of town to teach so I eat a bunch of restaraunt food. But when I am home I am home! As much as possible I schedual everything around my kids. Just being a mom , we are busy! As much as I try not to, I skip meals or give the last apple to my kids. I do have a hard time loosing weight (health issues) and I do have my younge counselor point out to me that I did not get "everything in" Would she understand one apple and the kid gets it? Probably not, does she understand my world of finishing a client and packing the kids into the car to get to hockey or dance or????? Most likely not, but hey even if I only loose 1 pound every two weeks (I am still skeptical on the 2 pounds a week...I would like to meet someone who lost 2 pounds every week for their whole weight loss at LA) I am happy...it is one less pound to loose and one pound closer to my goal! I try my best to stay on track and hey I can usually find some sort of "protein" or "starch" or ??? in my busy schedual, wether it be on the road or ??? Last night I ate a breakfast bar (I checked the local super markets against LA's and they are the same nutritional info) and guess what it counts as one starch and ONE FRUIT! Oh ya and when the kids are in bed...a nice glass of wine (I make my own...cheaper and really easy to do!) counts as one fruit...as long as you only have 3 glasses a week you are still on track...take that nice glass of wine and have a relaxing bath or pop in a movie...at the end of the day..that is the break us busy moms get...hang in there ladies! We are all in this together...we understand, even though our counselors don't always!
bananalana is offline   Reply With Quote