Old 06-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #1  

Default The Cowpower is turned back on

Somebody must have forgotten to pay the light bill around here......... Oh, if you read above, there was a server crash and we need to reconstruct the last 2 weeks............
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Oh noes! All our scintillatin' posts are GONE! Oh well, we'll just have to start over.

Hi Wabs, how are ya? I'm fine.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, I lost 3 weeks of my life, what will I do? Seriously, sometimes I think I should be archiving my posts because I can't remember anything from one week to the next. I have been known to search my own posts to try to figure out when I did something. My brain is enslaved to the computer. I am Borg. (obscure Star Trek reference)

My datter is busy packing with the help of her BF. She doesn't need my help, but his is indispensible. This is a good thing, right? It's just hard for me not to meddle.

My step-dad is in the hospital, with a serious abcess that may require surgery. Meanwhile my mom is recovering from hip replacement surgery and was released into the health care center at her retirement complex, for several days of rehab. My sis still has a few days of teaching left and is trying to juggle the kids and the parents. I'm thinking of flying down and giving a hand. I want to and I don't want to. I can't even think of leaving until after DD does, that would break my barely still together brain. So maybe Monday. Oy.

Peachie, did you tell me what program DS is doing? I remember the one he was going to do, but this is different, what?

I'm thinking of taking an online course called "The Keys to Effective Editing" -- I figure that editing is something I'm good at so if I take a course in it, maybe I can actually do something with it. I know, I'm a lame-o. But I've got to do something productive. And sorting my seasonal clothes just isn't cutting it.

Here's what I did during the 3fc crash, should I need to remind myself at a future date: I returned from Los Angeles, and regaled you all with tales of my travels. Oh yeah, and a lovely peecture. See? I'm remembering stuff. Then I went to the state democratic convention, which I also posted about. So basically I finally did something interesting, posted about it and crashed the site. Tada!

How about you?

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

wowo!!! that was weird!!! i thought you had all gone off and left me in the hudda fields!!! i cannot believe the last three weeks---three graduations and a wedding !!! i am sooooooooo tired---and tired of being tired----i simply cannot stay up late anymore!!! last night i went to a wedding an hour away from home up the moose highway---dd 22 and i went and stayed over night at my friend's place---aunt of the bride----she was in charge of closing up the residence ===it was held at the university---SO we got home around two thirty---and dd had to be to work at the golf course at eight am!!!| so we had a fifty minute drive ----i slept on a pull out couch from about three til SIX and then drove her to work----all day long i have been a zombie---she worked twelve hours and has now gone out with her sisters for dinner and hanging out and partying----GOOD LORD---HOW DO THEY DO THAT!!!---truth be known---i was once able----anyway,enough about ME!!_---glad that wabs started up the cowpower---and i feel your pain kiwi---with dd heading off in all directions----i didn't like it at all---it's hard---you are so happy for them but sad for you----well,i guess if i survived an EIGHT MONTH trip to denmark---we can manage somehow i guess---it's hard to believe that i didn't lay eyes on jo for that long-----the internet really makes you feel closer and you don't realize how great it is until someone is really far away------ahhhhhhhhhhhh igottagotobeeeedddddddddddd===see yassssssss
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

I think I remember that Bagz would not fly at one time. Now, she's all over the globe. Denmark, watch out. I think she'll make it one of these days.

DS is in a math internship at the University of West Florida. He got there today. There are 8 students .. 5 boys and 2 girls and 1 girl on the way. He seems happy about it. They went to dinner at a Thai restaurant. For two weeks, they'll be in rigorous sounding classes then spend six weeks doing research with an assigned professor. The study is in a biology area and I think it's breast cancer.

I am so stressed out. I snapped snapped snapped at an annoying woman today. Not a customer, a fellow employee. Two days ago, I was called on my way home from work and told that I had a check missing. Also, I was $100 short. Then they said, "No, you're only $5 off but the check is missing." Did I know where the check is? Well, no, the only place I put checks is into a drawer with a lock and I carry the key. "Did I hand it back to the customer?" Well, that's possible but how could I say "Oh, yes, I did!" Who would do that and remember it? So they "tore the office apart .... put me down $354 short which is the check plus $100." Next day, I looked under the D*****D drawer and there was the check. I did not sleep all that night.

Our new boss wants people trained for more stuff and I just feel like I'm not being trained by most people but partially trained by others and I'm SO confused.

My immediate questions about Kiwiette's summer:
1. Where is she housed?
2. Roommates?
3. They pay transportation?
4. What will she be doing?
5. Did she consider how freaked out we'd all be by this choice of major?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Unhappy helllllppppp

Reasons why my tiny life sucks right now:
  • I washed a bunch of whites and a red got in there.
  • the top shelf and the clothing rod in my closet fell right on my head today - completely ripped out of the wall and everythings's all over the floor.
  • I think I have an umbilical hernia, you know, like babies get. No joke. I was ripping out bushes on Saturday and now I have a weeeeeeird pain in my belly button and it feels like there's something in there. Eeeew. Making dh go to the doctor with me this afternoon. Not looking forward to diagnosis. If you don't hear from me it means I have gone under the kniferoonie. Ugh.
  • Am still fatter'n all get out.

Last edited by SugP; 06-09-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Well, forget all that. The doc says it's only a teeny tiny hernia and will probably go away by itself, no need to operate at the moment. But he said if I start having constant stabbing pain I should get myself to emergency pronto. How helpful. At least now I have an excuse not to carry around those heavy laundry baskets.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

When will it go away? Did he say?

How did Kiwiette get to DC? She's gone, right? Did Kiwi go, too? I feel subhuman because of stressful holdings. Really, I feel that I'm pulled apart. My neighbors has a weinerdog/hound mix that thinks my yard is hers. They don't fence her and we live on a county highway. Anyway, they leave her outside and when she sees me, she barks and growls and approaches running. If I call to her, she yelps and runs home, only to return immediately.

DS just called. There are 4 male/4 female in the program. Very good, I think. Politically correct.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Red face

Politically correct is good. Also good so they can pair up if they go out on the town. Nothing like being the third wheel.

Sounds like you need to introduce that wiener dog to some tasty snacks so he'll love U 4 ever.

Doc didn't say it would go away, only that he hoped it wouldn't get bigger. Hmm. We shall see. I'm trying not to cough or sneeze or make any sudden movements. Weird feeling. Like somene constantly poking you in the belly button. Much like FaceBook.

Here's some jokes I found while googling "umbilical hernia". You may laugh for me because I'm afraid to.

A mushroom walked into a bar and ordered a drink. The bartender harshly replied, "We don't serve you kind here!"

"Why not?" asked the mushroom. "I'm a fungi."

Snow White took her camera to Wal-Mart's photo develop center and went shopping for a while. When she came back, the clerk told her, "Sorry Miss White, but we lost your photos." As she began to cry, the clerk panicked and hastily reassured her,

"Please don't cry! Someday your prints will come."

SOCK!

Last edited by SugP; 06-09-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: atrocious spelling
Old 06-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Great jokes, I think. Just the thing to heal a hernia, too.

I hear thunder. It's not raining. I'm telling myself, half-heartedly, that I'm going to FWB to the ashram for a class with the swami. But ... I'm so so so blah.

Where is Bagz? I need her counsel. Or PAINTY .. a real counselor. Where or where can they be?

OK: I want to put jokes here, too.:

How do crazy people go through the forest?
They take the psycho path.

How does a spoiled rich girl change a lightbulb?
She says, "Daddy, I want a new apartment."

What has four legs, is big, green, fuzzy, and if it fell out of a tree would kill you?
A pool table.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #11  
fatter than U

LOVE the pool table one. Even chuckled a bit. Hope I don't explode.

Yes, where IS Bagzie? She knows everything.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Um, hello. Where is my post? I sat in bed last night typing up a long post; I commiserated with Sugar, I blabbed on for several paragraphs. I did. I know I did. It is not here. Please do not tell me I forgot to hit Submit. Perhaps we should request that Suzanne put big red pulsing buttons at the bottom of the post for those of us who are too braindead to hit the send button.

I am in ****'s Underarm. Oh I'm sorry, N. C. I mistook all this beastly heat and humidity for someplace else. I spent the morning looking after my sister's youngest who was too sick to go to school today, then I spent all afternoon moving my parents out of their respective hospital like settings back into their home. At one point I got in a car that had been sitting out in the sun for a few hours and the temperature read 111. It is not fit for human activity, that's for sure.

Hope Sugar is on the mend? Or is that too optimistic?

My sister is singing. With hand gestures. While she does the dishes.

DD is safely in her internship program. She was sworn in as a member of the Executive Branch of the Government yesterday. She loves the program, it seems.

I'm not sure I get the whole concept of the Peachboy's math internship where they do medical research, but I clearly don't have a clue about higher math -- I asked DD's bf what he is taking next fall for classes and I couldn't understand half of what he was saying

Talk atcha later
kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

be careful down there kiwonk---i heard there are tornadoes all over the us-----you too peach and wabs----we even had some tornado warnings in upper nb this past weekend----
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwidd is part of our government?? Is her life sort of like West Wing now?

I still want to know her living arrangements and who else is in the program.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

Why is no one posting? Is there a good excuse?