Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #1  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take 19!!!

Hello all! I got a few replies about a suggestion to run up to 25 pages! It has been recommended a couple of times thus far to do a weekly thread because we are locking up some fold running on dial up! Well, here we go! Suppose I will get the latest and greatest started!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #2  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Jennifer: When I mix up my tuna, it is not all OP! I have not seen any difference with my weight loss though!

I use about a tsp of Miracle Whip Lite, mustard to taste (was told previously that mustard was a freebee), a dab of sweet relish, sea salt, and pepper (I use the McCormick pepper blend, either the Worcestershire or Smoke)

Sometimes put this on my salad, or some on a slice of bread, and or mostly eat it with some melba toast!

Almost forgot, hey 2 more lbs gone for good! The 30 lb board is calling your name!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #3  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Ms GIGI Do you make your tuna with mayo? How do you prepare it?

Sorry, didnt see your post already!

Last edited by exsquisit; 05-21-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #4  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Hello

I went to WI today and was down another 2.2 for a grand total of 36.8 lbs. so far. WOOOHOOO I am almost to the 40 lb board!!!!! I can hardly believe it. My co-workers are really starting to notice too......That is a great NSV, too!

Last edited by snflrgrl1962; 05-21-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #5  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Gigi! Congrats on your loss also!!!! I'm gonna try the tuna your way and see what happens. I just cannot fathom plain tuna.....ewwww!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #6  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Ms. Jennifer
I also put lite mayo and mustard in my Tuna, along with a little dill relish and egg.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #7  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!! Sounds like we have quite a few board signers and weight losers, not to mention Snflwgirls NSV. Keep it up!

Humblebee: I responded to one of your posts about the smoothies before I realized we were on a new thread. I don't like cottage cheese, but LOVE smoothies. The eggs for breakfast every day is getting old. How do you make the smoothies with the cottage cheese?

Gma to 4
Old 05-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'9"

Eek. I put my post in the old thread. .. well, maybe it will give me credit for another one. 38 until I can add my signature..oh boy.

It has been difficult to get logged on lately; my laptop is telling me my hard drive doesn't exist. My DH is working late, so on his PC right now. Hopefully mine will be fixed later this week.

I went to wi on Monday after going off program on Friday. I had bread and rice with my dinner (along with a few alcoholic beverages...) and oh boy...went from 2 lbs down from my prior wi on Thursday to 2 lbs gained (4 lbs overall difference). Ugh! I had told myself I would behave before I went out, but just lost all courage when the menu was in front of me.

I have been OP since Monday though and am hoping my wi on Friday will look better.

I bought some of the 25 cal tortillas at Publix and made taco meat with ground turkey. Surprisingly good. It was nice to have something different for dinner tonight. My 6 year old even liked it.

Congrats to everyone with the great losses this week. I am hoping to get back on track and start logging some of those losses too.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #9  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Chocolate Smoothy

[QUOTE=Gma to 4;2212236 How do you make the smoothies with the cottage cheese?
Gma to 4[/QUOTE]

For me the key is to make sure I don't go over 4 oz. I've made the mistake before and added "just a little more" and it had that yucky cottage cheese taste. So....

1 pkg double chocolate pudding supplement (or any flavor you like)
4 oz water
4 oz low-fat cottage cheese
2 pkg artificial sweetener
10 ice cubes

mix in blender until smooth.

I usually have a piece of toast with ICBINB sprayed on it for my starch.

Also like to make it with the lemon chifon pudding mix & 1 tsp of cherry extract - kinda like a cherry lemonade. One time I tried it with the hot cocoa mix it it wasn't good at all - had to choke it down. I've thought about trying it with the cappacino(sp) HNS & hazelnut splenda, but haven't ventured there yet.

Hope you enjoy it!
Lori

Last edited by HumbleBee; 05-21-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #10  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello

I went to WI today and was down another 2.2 for a grand total of 36.8 lbs. so far. WOOOHOOO I am almost to the 40 lb board!!!!! I can hardly believe it. My co-workers are really starting to notice too......That is a great NSV, too!
Thats awesome!! I bet you can tell a huge difference, congrats!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #11  

I tried the cottage cheese smoothy once, I like cottage cheese but it had a wang to it and my mind could not deal with "drinking" cheese.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #12  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

I've been reading but not posting. There have been some great losses lately! I'm so excited for everyone.

I'm hoping to hit Twoterville tomorrow. I didn't go today even though my home scale did show a loss since Monday. I just wanted to make absolutely sure. I had a weak moment Monday night at the bowling alley with friends, even after eating a fully on plan dinner before heading up there. I had a couple of bites of my friends pizza, 1/2 of a hotdog and several (about 20-25) french fries. I don't know what was wrong with me. I just caved. They ordered all this food and it was just sitting there on the table, staring at me! I did manage to have the foresight to take my fat/carb blocker. But I'm sure I'll hear the "kicked you out of fat burning mode" speech tomorrow when they see my food sheet. Maybe I'll conveniently "forget" it.

Re: Smoothies w/cottage cheese

I absolutely hate cottage cheese. Even tried to eat it off a salad bar the other day for my protein and just couldn't choke it down. But, I've found when I blend it with the HNS's and some fruit, I can deal with it a lot more. Today's mixture was probably the best one I have ever made. Only used 5 oz of cottage cheese though. Also had some frozen mixed fruit (strawberry, pineapple, mango, passion fruit), a Strawberry Kiwi HNS, Mixed Fruit Fiber and some water. I was completely shocked at how good it was. I was will be making this one again. The plus is that I saved my creamy so I could have a Rootbeer float tonight as my snack!

Hope everyone has great weigh ins tomorrow!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #13  

Default Tuna

I thought white albacore tuna was the safer tuna, evidentally I was mistaken. i went to look it up and found that the mercury levels in white albacore were much higher than in chunk light tuna, here is a little info I copied and pasted but the whole article is at the sight below.

Adding greater urgency is the FDA's latest sampling showing that canned white albacore tuna had mercury levels three times higher than canned "chunk light" tuna, which is mostly the smaller skipjack tuna.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NG9Q5AUA21.DTL

I wonder what the caloric difference is in the two?

Here I found the info..chunk light tuna starkist
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 can drained
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 80 Calories from Fat 10

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 40mg 13%
Sodium 350mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 18g 36%

Iron 2%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 11.2% Carbs 0.0%
Protein 90.0%

Starkist white albacore tuna
Nutrition Facts for 6-oz. can
Solid White Albacore in water

Serving Size: 2 oz. drained

Calories: 70

Total Fat: 1g

Sat. Fat: 0g

Cholesterol: 25mg

Sodium: 250mg

Total Carb: 0g

Fiber: 0g

Sugars: 0g

Protein: 15g

Think im going to switch to chunk light tuna in water

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 05-21-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #14  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Congrats on your loss Jennifer and Sharon! Way to go ladies! today was my 2nd day on Metaquick. it has been fine. I did a shake for breakfast with 1/2 can of diet rite. It was good! Then I had a peach mango with hot water (like a hot tea). I know alot of you don't like that, but I LOVE it as a hot tea! For lunch I had a cereal MRB with the strawberry banana jello. Later, I had another jello. I had a grilled chicken salad for dinner with a piece of toast, and a peach mango hot tea! Wow! Thats alot! So far so good! I am not hungry.

Why do you all think that you will lose more if you do all shakes and no bars? The shakes have more calories and carbs? Curious...
Old 05-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #15  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello

**CONGRATS!!** Isn't that great to get nice comments from other people!
Closed Thread