General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Angry new "game"-are they crazy? Anyone heard of this?

Sunday evening, our 11-year-old son was almost run down while riding his bike. It was intentional, as the SUV actually chased him down a couple streets and alleys trying to get to him! DS rode his bike into several yards, calling me on his walkie-talkie. When I figured out where he was and was running across the neighboring yard, I saw that the SUV had passed up the alley my son was in, so the young, male driver put it in reverse and backed up to the alley to have another go at him! According to DS, that was the 3rd attempt!!! I got the license number but it's either fake or I transposed numbers, as it doesn't match the vehicle it was on.

Now, get this, the sheriff's deputy who came to investigate said they've seen this before! Kids driving around and picking out a lone child on a bicycle, then "pretending" they are going to run him over to scare him! It's almost like a game of chicken, only the other vehicle is a bicycle and the rider doesn't know it's a game. Has anyone heard of this anywhere else? We live in a very small town, yet no one can find the vehicle involved. DS is terrified to ride his bike or go to the park anymore, because he's afraid they'll come back and try to get him again.

DS's leg has been hurting since the incident, so saw a doc yesterday and must go for x-rays today, as the doc suspects there may be a stress fracture due to the extreme exertion of trying to get away from the SUV. I'm beyond trying to figure out what kind of person would do this to a kid. Please pray for my son. I'm afraid he'll need counseling after this.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

That is a horrible experience for a child to have to live through and with. I hope your son gets the right counselling and can move beyond this trauma.

I can't begin to think of what kind of minds would come up with such a game. Possible the same people who torture kittens and puppies, except now they've upped the ante.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I've never heard of this... I never would've even fathomed this possible. I'm horrified!

This sort of crap people do really pisses me off. They have such pathetic lives, with such NOTHING to do that they "play games" by torturing and hurting others. What the crap is wrong with people?!

There are a billion people in this world suffering, but these torturers choose to use their time to continue the cycle of hurt for their own amusement.

I'm furious at the time wasted spent harming, and thinking about harming, others. And what's worse is that these torturers will never get it. They are blissfully unaware of anyone and anything else around them save their own wants.

As many positive thoughts as I can muster at this moment are heading to your son. I hope within a short period of time that he'll feel safe enough to head outside and bike again.

And ya know what? Karma is a b****. May those men get everything in life they so truly deserve.

Last edited by Lovely; 05-21-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

OMG I am so sorry this happened to your son. I just about spit out my breakfast when I first read this!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

Thank you all so much. You put a smile on my face instead of the tears that have been lurking the last few days! This has really unsettled us. Thanks again!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #6  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

I tell ya my blood is boiling from this story.. what sort of person would do that to a little kid.. they obviously dont think.. and what might happen.. What if the kid on the bike lost balance??? the suv would hit them.. there is no way they would be able to stop in time.. Does this idiot want to live the rest of there life regretting being a jerk...
Your son was very lucky .. and i feel very sorry for him and as a mother my heart is breaking for you..
My son witnessed something awful when he was only 3.. it was a husband and wife cutting each other with broken glass infront of there kids in an argument at a school oval .. My husband tryed to calm them down becuase my son was terrified. and so were there 4 kids ( all under 6). and they both turned on him and chased my husband son and dog .. . My family got into the car and these two idiots climbed on the car and starting hitting the window. both covered in blood as my hubby drove away . Cameron would not leave our house .. he wouldnt even go to the letter box.. I would take him on small outings to get bread and he would scream the whole time.. screaming to go home .. it took me about 6 months b4 my son could live a normal life I spoke to child psycologists and then to the kindy and between us we made Cameron back into the confident happy boy he had always been and still is now..

Since your son is much older im hoping he recovers much quicker.. but for now.. maybe take him to that park and on the bike rides.. have you got a bike??? it would build up his confidence.. I have to say I love the walkie talkie idea that is fabulous.. that really is great

I Hope your son doesnt have a fracture . to you both
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I think this is the most horrible thing that can happen to anyone, whether a child or an adult! Those persons were obviously idiot jerks that have nothing to do with their life. Not putting this to the same level, but when I was bullied as a kid my parents encouraged me to talk about it, took me a child counselor for awhile after elementary school (when the thing was over) and at least made me feel that while with them no one would hurt me.

You can at least encourage your son to talk about it for awhile (it is always difficult but it does good) and offer to go out with him for awhile. With patience, I really think he will overcome the traumatic experience.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #8  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

How awful What kind of person could do something like this to a child?

I hope your son recovers quickly from this.....or as quickly as one can from an event that is so traumatizing.

*hugs*

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 05-21-2008 at 09:55 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #9  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I've never heard of this... I never would've even fathomed this possible. I'm horrified!

This sort of crap people do really pisses me off. They have such pathetic lives, with such NOTHING to do that they "play games" by torturing and hurting others. What the crap is wrong with people?!

There are a billion people in this world suffering, but these torturers choose to use their time to continue the cycle of hurt for their own amusement.

I'm furious at the time wasted spent harming, and thinking about harming, others. And what's worse is that these torturers will never get it. They are blissfully unaware of anyone and anything else around them save their own wants.

As many positive thoughts as I can muster at this moment are heading to your son. I hope within a short period of time that he'll feel safe enough to head outside and bike again.

And ya know what? Karma is a b****. May those men get everything in life they so truly deserve.

I just can say more than this.....you said it perfectly...SOME PEOPLE..what IDIOTS!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

What a horrible "game" to play on a little kid!!! Ugh, the drivers need to grow up and find a better hobby.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #11  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

What a sick animal!

I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would find it amusing or entertaining to terrify a small child like that.

I hope your son is able to get past this, and realize that most people would never do something so horrific to another living thing. And I hope he knows, too, how outraged most people would be over this! It is definitely NOT okay, or the least bit funny!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #12  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Wow. That's RIDICULOUS. I swear to God... the things that people will do in the name of "fun" are just getting sicker and sicker. Other new amusing things I've recently heard about: staging violent fist fights among friends and paying the homeless to hurt themselves. Great fun. All these kids need parttime jobs and serious discipline. Disgusting. Your poor son!
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your son. My heart goes out to you and your son ( I have an 11 year old son myself). I think you need to push the officials to investigate further. Just because you may have transposed a number doesn't mean they can't run a few more combination through the computer. Had your child seen that SUV around the neighborhood before? I think I would also alert other parents, school, etc that this person has done this. So kids are aware and more people are watching for this idiot.

Maybe the two of you can ride bikes together until he builds some confidence and you can point out safe places for him to go when he feels uneasy(stores, homes, etc).
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #14  
wishin' for sun!

Default Thanks for the support

You guys are awesome! Just wanted to pass along a little advice we just got from the security guard at DH's workplace. If something like this would happen to you or your child, don't try to get away. That just gives the jerks in the vehicle another chance to come at you. Get to the nearest solid object-tree, building, porch, light pole, anything that would damage the vehicle if it hit it, because they sure won't want to hit something that would leave damage!

I'm thinking about going to the media about this to warn others. Don't know about DS's leg yet-waiting for the doc to call. I will be going along with him when he goes out when his leg heals up.

Thank you all so much for the support and advice. Hugs to you all.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

How very Awful! and cowardly and juvenile deliquent, I wonder if these teenagers realize that they will face charges of attempted murder if they are caught? It'll have a fancy name like Meance with a motor vehicle. What if one of thiese chosen victoms should panic and ride out in front of another car? I'd like to throttle these kids!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote