Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Default Big nosed dog has a name

Its Marley - I have not had a puupy for so long I dont know if I remember what to do ! Had a rough night last night, pulled the old kennel out and put him in there for the night and he did great - but I just took him outside and he just layed down and didnt go at all. Then I went to pick him up and bring him back in and he ran away from me! Finally got him and took him back in the house he had 1 lil nibble of dog food and went back in the kennel. He already does not like me

On a lighter note, a good nights sleep has made me feel a wee bit better about Teddy - well maybe not better but accepting and not as tearful. (oh Im peeking at puppy and he is playing with a toy I put in there!) anyway, hopefully it goes ok at work today, I know if anyone asks what happened I will just bawl
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am sure you have enuf love in your heart for Marley.Just remember he is not Teddy and will not replace him,your husband is right this little boy needs you. Marley is probably sad and confused, too about being with a new family. And the food you are giving him is just not what he is used to , I'd suggest trying to find out what his previous family fed him. No one will ever be more precious than Teddy, but just like kids , when we have the first one we are sure we could never love another as much and then the second one comes along and we love them, too. Good luck and if you want ice cream eat another scoop for me.

Last edited by bargoo; 05-20-2008 at 10:14 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

How did your first day with Marley go? I hope well. I know this is hard because you're still greiving for Teddy.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

pictures???? i need pictures lol, would love to see your puppy
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

It was a very hard day - I cried for Teddy a lot. And second guessed having him put down a lot and cried some more - even called the vet who said "it was reasonable to put him down" What the heck does that mean!!!!! anyway -

Marley is gonna be huge! And I will get a pic up hopefully tomorrow - so far so good, only one accident in the house, but he wont walk down the stairs and he weighs 30 pounds!!! He cries a little of he is left alone, by tonight though he was following me around the house some and licking my feet! Hubby and I took him for a car ride tonight and he fell asleep on my lap, that was kind of nice - Teddy hated riding in the car, so we didnt take him to many places. I think Im gonna like having Marley arouond. but I havve to tell you, I really miss Teddy - more then I ever thought possible
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote