Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Default Cookies

Help! I'm eating them. I'm eating cookies! This is coming from the girl who gave up sugar. Now, I'm back to being addicted to it.

Grasping for control.
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Put the cookies down and walk away.

Seriously. If you have themin your house, at your office, wherever you are ... throw them away. Right now. In the trash. Pour something yucky over them to make sure you don't get tempted to dig them out.

Now, go to the bathroom and rinse your mouth, use toothpaste if you have it handy.

And go walk somewhere. Outside, if possible. Just for 5 mins.

You can do this!!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I agree, throw them ALL out, right this minute! Then you are back in total control. Post back and let us know!

Last edited by Lyn2007; 05-20-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Smash them & toss them. Get them away from you right this very moment.

Last edited by Lovely; 05-20-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Take some liquid dishwashing soap and squirt the cookies with it. Then throw them in the trash. Brush your teeth, forgive yourself and try to carry on.

You CAN do this!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #6  

I didn't want to let them go. What's wrong with me?

I threw them away. I took the cookies out of the box and threw them individually in the garbage. If I kept them in the box, they would have still have been "clean" so I took them out of the trays they were sitting in. Then I separated the boxes in recycling, and threw the trays and cookies away. I threw away some of the older snacks that I've been keeping in my cabinet away on top of them.

I was doing so well and then I got really stressed out with a class I was taking for the last 3 weeks. My workouts were no longer part of my day, food was my comfort and replacement for having a "life" and due to the nature of my class, I wasn't moving because I had to workon my website for my class. Now, I'm re-addicted to sweets, carbs, the like. It's ugly. I feel ugly.

But, I got rid of the cookies. While I was throwing them away I was telling myself "this is going to help me. it's good for me to do this".

*sigh* i need to gain control over my eating and making my health a priority in my life again.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good job getting rid of them!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Good job for getting help quickly and throwing the cookies out!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Good for you!!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

You CAN do this!!!! Do you have any carrot sticks or anything like that??
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzchiki View Post
I threw away some of the older snacks that I've been keeping in my cabinet away on top of them.

But, I got rid of the cookies. While I was throwing them away I was telling myself "this is going to help me. it's good for me to do this".
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #12  

Good job throwing them away. I had a whole week like that last week -- managed to gain 3.8 pounds!! I just keep telling myself I want to lose 100 pounds for good, not the same 10 pounds 100 times!!

You did a good job -- do you remember how long it took you the last time to not crave them? (It takes me about two weeks). Count down on a calendar your days and come up with a non-food reward for meeting that goal. It's the little things that count!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #13  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

You're not ugly, you're strong and beautiful! And you beat those cookies today! I know first hand how hard it is to kick a sugar addiction; you really do have to take it one minute at a time some days. But you've done it once, so you know you can do it again.

Last edited by thistoo; 05-20-2008 at 11:03 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #14  

I'm glad the cookies are out of cabinet and not looming over me (of course it's still morning and my temptation time is usally mid afternoon so hopefully I'll feel the same then). Sugar is like a drug for me. I don't think I can have any of it or I get tempted by it again. I had given up sugar for over a month and lost 10 pounds. But, then life got stressful and sugar came back. I gained back 9 of the pounds in just 2-3 weeks. OMG!

Caroline, I'll be leaning on your comment today. I've done this before I can do it again! It scares me how sugar has such a strong effect on my habits and weight. :P
Old 05-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzchiki View Post
I'm glad the cookies are out of cabinet and not looming over me (of course it's still morning and my temptation time is usally mid afternoon so hopefully I'll feel the same then). Sugar is like a drug for me. I don't think I can have any of it or I get tempted by it again. I had given up sugar for over a month and lost 10 pounds. But, then life got stressful and sugar came back. I gained back 9 of the pounds in just 2-3 weeks. OMG!

Caroline, I'll be leaning on your comment today. I've done this before I can do it again! It scares me how sugar has such a strong effect on my habits and weight. :P
Julchiki, I know you know this already, but stress is always going to be around. As are cookies. You simply MUST, must learn how to get around both of them.

I'm with you. Sugar IS like a drug. Like an alcoholic, even one taste can send me spiraling out of control. So it really, REALLY is best to avoid it at all costs. You've said it yourself, you know it.

As for the stress, you've got to come up with alternatives to eating to deal with it. Drinking hot tea, reading, journaling, the computer, exercise, knitting, cleaning, SOMETHING - other then food. Because then you overeat which leads to more stress and yada, yada, yada.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote