General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #1  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default driver's liscense dilemma

well i have to go to the dmv 2day, yay! my liscense expires at midnight so here is my question, since i will have this liscense for the next 4 years, and i'm fairly confident i will reach goal before that, should i lie about my weight and pick a number closer to goal? at least a number under 200 lb. that would be great.

i know i could go get a new liscense when i reached goal, but i have a class A cdl and it costs me 43 dollars for a new one. (don't really have the money to burn).

my liscense has always had me at over 300 lb. and i've been working really hard, and would like it to reflect on my liscense. what do you all think? am i being silly?
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

when i had my license redone last year I put my true weight...

personal choice.

congrats on your success so far.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

The easiest thing would be to put your weight as it is now. But, it's up to you. If you would feel better if it said 195, then have that listed. Most likely you won't be questioned, and it's only a rough number anyway.

In fact, in some states they no longer list weight on the license because they know so many people don't match what's there.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #4  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I say do what you feel best about - lowering it because you know where you are headed is actually a great plan - then you can't cheat between here and there! (you might get falsely arrested - j/k!)....do what makes you feel better - if putting your true weight today does not - then don't....especially if that may bum you out - just keep it positive and keep on plan
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I would do what you think would make you happy

I think my driver's lisc still has my weight that I had in high school lol When I go to renew I honestly don't think about it and they don't ask.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #6  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I would put 195 if it were me. That is the exact number I was thinking before I saw Jayell posted that number
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #7  

I kept my old lisc at a weight of over 200 pd's I carry it with me, just as a reminder to not over eat. No one ever see's it but me. But do what ever make's you the happiest that's what really count's.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/250/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, since one of my goals is to weigh what my driver's linces says I weigh, I say do what makes you happy.

Mine has said 190 since I got the thing, and weighed about 210 then.
rockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

In Virginia they no longer have the weight
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

I can't believe they put your weight on your license in the USA, I really think its quite rude. Sorry to be a bit rude and extreme but surely it's as embarrassing for someone who isn't happy about their weight to have it listed as guys having to put their willy sizes.
And weight changes sooo much

I have a slight feeling I may regret this post.
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My drivers license says 260 and I don't care that it does. That is the weight I was when I last got it. It really is up to you.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Mine is a less and it just makes me mad because I never reached it (yet) and I should have AGES ago.

Here are my thoughts, put the weight you are now - so when you go get a new in 4 years you will feel great when you give them your goal weight! Then they look at your current weight vs your old weight and go WOW. Just an extra boost down the road to look forward to.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #13  
Operator265

Hey Lupin, don't regret it. My ex would be proud if they asked him. But really, most of the time anymore people's(men included) don't even have the same hair color from month to month.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #14  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupin View Post
I can't believe they put your weight on your license in the USA, I really think its quite rude. Sorry to be a bit rude and extreme but surely it's as embarrassing for someone who isn't happy about their weight to have it listed as guys having to put their willy sizes.
You are too funny!

My DL has my weight from high school. I honestly haven't thought about changing it because I don't have to fill out any forms or anything. They just take the same info from the old and put it on the new. I say do what makes you feel good. I can honestly say I wouldn't want to put my current weight on my DL...
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #15  

Cool

It's okay to lie as long as you don't say you weigh 120 when you weigh 200. When I was in the 200s, I put 199. Now that I'm in the 300s, I put 201. They still get the picture that I'm fat, no need to be precise.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote