Old 05-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Default Aussie Chicks 2008 - Take II

Ani - stop lusting after the unavailable? Nahhhh, that's too hard!

So one of my patient's family members asked me today if I am dating my boss!! Apparently he said something to them about me out of the blue, so they started getting ideas. Heh. It's funny... the nurse in our program keeps telling me he likes me (and she's almost 50, although it sounds so high school!). It's odd - we are good mates, but I don't understand why everyone always thinks we are together!! Between my married coworker (who I do lust after) and my attached boss (who I do not lust after although everyone apparently thinks I do)... how well am I doing!

I am sick at the moment. Well, not really, but have been nauseous all day and wish I could just chuck already and feel better!

I have an appointment June 10th with an orthopedic doc who is a friend of my boss - he specializes in achilles stuff. He may say he can't do anything, but fingers crossed, because it's pissing me off so much and gives me and excuse not to go to the gym, since it cripples me for a few days afterwards.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #2  
It's ME!

Hope the orthopod appointment goes well for you Gen. Is there some form of light exercise you can do just to get back into a routine? Perhaps swimming would be something you could try?

Apart from your injury and the various men at your work, how are things going over there? You enjoying it?

It's 40 minutes till home time for me and I'll be going to the gym for 40 minutes of something tonight. It helps that my heat pump is programmed to turn on at 6pm so if I go to the gym and have a good session, my flat will be nice and toasty when I get home

Have a great night everyone!
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

ani wrote
By the way Amy I am horrified at that story about your 'friend' and her level of cleanliness. Surely there's something not quite right about her… The most scary thing of all is that she has children . The second most scary thing is that someone married her! Gen Maybe you and I need to mess up our lounge rooms, throw our dirty washing under the bed and leave it there, and put all our food scraps on the floor

Good grief!

Lmao sure did you make me laugh Ani
I think stop going for unavailable people might be a better choice or just find someone with only half a brain.. thats who married her .. lol ..

the thing is her hubby is about 5 sausages short of a bbq... she is probably 3 and a half short... lol.. She met him through a friend she met when she trained ant minda and she felt sorry for him.. she spent a year trying to set him up with a load of different girls... then gave up and dated him herself... lol ... We went to a party for one of her kids once at the bowling alley .. both there families came .. and it was so embarrasing they were all really weird and deffianatly not the full quid.. They all minda acted like children.. and were yelling and running around.. Those two are the most normal in there families..

I cant believe they closed our thread.. just when we had made our butt groves in the sofas at aussie chicks no1 lol...

Vonni congrats on your loss this week

Last edited by amouse; 05-20-2008 at 01:30 AM.
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #4  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

everyone is just too too funny
amy - i hate how there are people out there with nothing better to do than worry about everyone else and make everyone else's life messy... it is funny how they usually meet and marry people with the same mind track... which is crap coz they fuel each other on

i am going to weigh in tomorrow - will be nice to have lost a couple of grams - not worried if it is not 500grams anything will do (i dont really deserve as i had maccas for dinner - totally crazy afternoon with Jemima and then Benji got a message that he had a haircut tonight so i just was too exhausted to cook tea - i have been heaps exhausted and unmotivated a lot lately)

someone asked why i dont just cook healthy meals for myself.... i would and do but at the moment have no routine and no idea what is going on day to day and have so much unorganised stuff in the house and my life i even find it hard to shop i have no idea when i'll be home and for how long and stuff - until i get a job i dont know if the next day i will be working all day have an interview or whatever........ and i have still the problem of picking at the food i am cooking
amy - you said your kids only eat good food - so what are you eating that is meaning you are not losing as much weight as you want to?? i know jemima wouldnt miss bad food and she eats better than i do - i have been cooking her up awesome little dinners lately - the only 'bad' thing she eats is cheerios everything else good ok maybe jatz have too much salt but they are just a snack for her before dinner is ready - i am going to try lite and easy at least a week or two and it will i think help to reinforce portion sizes for me five dinners will cost about fifty bucks but then benji and i went shopping last night and bought stuff for jem's lunches mainly and god knows what else and spent $130!! no dinner foods and no fruit and veges (got that from the fruiter next to the grocery store) i ordered a couple of meals that benji would like so i think the first couple of nights he will be eating liteandeasy as well (and prob pasta if he is stillhungry)

tomorrow night is state of origin - we are going to benji's brothers place his brothers plan for dinner "lets deep fry some stuff at our place" hmmm i think NOT gross!!! so i will bring something for everyone!
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #5  

ps - amy is all the blue stuff in your signature relating to state of origin??
pps - amy love your new profile pic
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #6  

ps - amy is all the blue stuff in your signature relating to state of origin??
pps - amy love your new profile pic
Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #7  
Blue Team Member

lol the blue stuff is becuase im in the Biggest loser blue team over on the exercise forum.. I thought it wouls help me out a bit.. as far as my weight loss.. who knows .. lol my body jusy sucks.. it doesnt matter what i eat im stuck.. i go up and down on the same 5 pounds and go now further.. IM like you i get hungry in the afternoon .. and im busy.. i know what i do wrong.. and here it is ...... confession time lol ..

I dont eat breakfast .. i feel sick in the morning...

I eat lunch maybe at 2 pm.. and usually have had a coffee and if not nothing since i got up.. at 7 -8 am.. I dont eat fruit..
at 3-4 pm im starving .. and i grab anything and everything, I cook dinner at about 6 and im still hungry while im do g it and mindlessly eat parts of it as im cooking it.. and then i eat late at night... lol... and i dont drink enough i have maybe 1-2 glasses of water during the day and then 3-4 glasses at night..
Im so focused on the kids and house during the day its not till they are in bed i realise im very thirsty.. I find it hard to think about my self and just keep the kids busy.. lol .. Leah with drawing ,writing and puzzles during the day in between washing ( Leah is a smart little 3 year old she can read and write her name and read about 10 other small words, she can count to 20 knows all her alphabet except q w t and x. and knows her colors.). . changing her bed ( i have to change her bed every other day becuase of her allergies ).. the dishes.. shopping.. talking on the phone.. exercising and then preparing dinner.. I dont stop.. and i dont eat or derink 90% of the time till about 2 pm ... and from then until bed .. i can blow my calories for ther day very easily becuase im starving hungry and to tired care...

I look after myself for so long i can be really good for ages.. then i get insomnia once again.. and i go back to feeling sick in the morning and not eating till ,late and the whole cycle of ****ty eating starts again.. atm im in the ****ty eating stage.. I ahvent eaten anything .. really bad.. but not much really good either... too much salt not enough water.. too low in nutrients.. and im forgetting to take my multi.. I know im low on both iron and zinc atm.. just to name a few i bet im deficent on alot more then that .. but i know those two. because have those white spots on my nails.. im very tired im getting slow wound healing and have skin sores.. lol

My calories have been well withing my limits but this week i have gained weight ansd i know it .. maybe its fluid from TOM.. but i think its becuase once again .. mum is lookign after everyone else but herself..

I find it hard to stick to a schedule for myself.. but i revolve my kids lives around schedules.. lol I know its sounds stupid .. But i feel like writing a roster for my self... something really stupid like you do for kids... lol

8 am breakfast..... decent breakfast .. a coffee doesnt count...
9 am take multi with some juice...
10 am have a peice of fruit ( you like fruit it live int his house eat it.. )
12.30 make lunch for yourself ( your already in the kitchen making leahs lunch) take a break (30 minutes) and eat lunch.. enjoy it ...
3.30 pm have a yogurt or some fruit or veg... ( your in the kitchen agina the kids are hungry so are you why not lol)
6 dinner ...
8 have a cup of chamamile tea .. and do nothing else.. this is no longer a time to fold washing .. do dishes clean up toys .. wash the floors .. hang out more washing with a torch in the dark ( yes im mad lol) yous been doing this stuff all day .its will still have to be done again tommorrow anyway.. let it wait.. lol ...

Am i the only mad women that does trhis stuff.. get so wound up in the house and the kids you forget about yourself?? and then do more work once there in bed.. becuase you spent to much time playing with the kids and not doing.. all the chores?? Me and Leah could spend 2 or 3 hours drawing sticking and making pictures and things together.. she love it so much.. I draw pitures for her to stick thngs into or colour in or i cut up things for her to stick down.. or i do a dot line word for her to trace.. lol .. I know she is leaving me soon and she will do all this with the teacher instead of me .. which will mean the washing floors and other jobs she hates me doign can be done then.. Some days i just put a dvd on and do my chores.. but i dont like her watching tv all day ..

Thinking about it .. i dont eat becuase i make her lunch so i can hang out the washing.. i make her breakfast so i can get the washing on.. i give her a snack so i can take a shower.. and i walk her to the parks so i can get some exercise.( my ellipical is playing up but to use it i would put a kids tv show on in the family room and lock her in there with me ). I use meals times as a time to get things done .. and i eat at 2 becuase that is usually the time i have most things sorted.. lol I spend the morning playing with her and taking her to the park ect .. She takes a good 20 minutes to eat luch which is why the washing goes out then ..

The reason i eat so badly is my very high maintance daughter lol .. If i leave her to her own devices she raids the kitchen .. for anythign and everything she can find.. Last week .. i left her for 15 minutes with a movie on to hang out some washing and she ate an entire packet of scotch finger biscuits .. she has always taken food .. she even hides it under the couch .. if she hears me coming.. since she was really small we had to lock the kitchen .. and she still does it .. She eats all the time she is always hungry.. but i know she will eat when she is bored and not hungry .. which is why i do so many activities with her.. and im so bloody busy... ok as much as im dreading hr going to kindy.. bring it on.. lol.. I might sleep better if im not doing house work till 10pm at night ... i eat better whan i sleep better.. and for now .., im going to write the above roster and mark on the calender with a big x everyday i follow it ..

Hey kel i bet your sorry you asked now.. you know i dont shut up lol ..
and ty for the comment on the picture .. I spose im not so scary looking lol..

Last edited by amouse; 05-20-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #8  

i am glad i asked coz you just identified things in my life i didnt even realise i did!!!
my solutions to these feelings has been to go back to work and get liteandeasy
liteand easy means i wont have to cook and worry about eating enough of right food it is going to be right there and i am going to put in microwave and presto eating dinner! benji doesnt mind eating different or even cooking himself but i hate that part of it

that schedule you wrote sounds perfect! i do the same thing though do stuff when jem goes to bed just easier.... and i do same when she is having brekky (and i am awake ehehehe benji usually does her brekky) but when she is having a meal i am racing to the laundry or worse at the moment on facebook etc doing highschool reunion stuff... my housework slides all the time hence the cleaner BUT i just fired her! (but have another one ready to go... but may tell her not to start and see how i go)
when i start working believe it or not i expect to be way more organised and get mroe done around the house

amy - you do have to start looking after you - all the vitamins and stuff yousay you are lacking is not cool
you have such good intentions but no brekky is you BIGGEST mistake ever even a banana is better than no brekky!
i got to go i have one minute before i turn into a pumpkin
will write more later!
mwah
Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #9  
Blue Team Member

lol yeah i know .. but still vicous little cycle i have myself in lol .. see pumpkin hour and im not even tired.. which mean more insomina which means i will feel sick in the morning.. and the whole things starts again... lmao.. please just shoot me.. LOL ... I will lose weight... lol. after july.. when leah is in kindy 1 morning a week lol .. and more in october when she is full time kindy.. I need someone to come in and organise my life so i can eat.. or maybe just someone to entertain my daughter.. lol ... hey i got it .. im gonna keep Cameron home from now on so he can look after Leah and i can behave myself.. Weekends i have no problem he is home and he will keep her busy .. its when he's at school I have all this trouble..

o in all this im assuming i ahve a shot metabolism that starves from 8-9pm one night till 2 pm the next day... so when i do it my body say.. hey .. calories.. lets store them for later.. .. Im gonna use the above roster thing and maybe tie leah up.. lol If i eat properly i might not flake out from 4 till 6 then drag my butt to cook dinner .. i might get that house work done from 4-6 becuase Cameron is home sorting leah out.. .. so im gonna give all this a try.. lol .. simply staying under calories isnt enough and i do know that .. but old habits are hard to break lol.. I WILL EAT BREAKFAST... feel free to kick my butt if i dont.. please...

im going to bed no my butt is not just big but orange too ... lol the green hair is not such a good look on me though.... note to self.. turn of computer b4 11 to avoid pumkin hour.. and go the bed lol
Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #10  
It's ME!

Amy I like the look of the schedule you wrote. Why don't you try it and see if it works?

I'm doing well this week - diet good and exercise good. Had a session with my trainer this morning and he killed me. 30 minutes of weights circuit followed by 40 minutes cardio. I'm gonna be starving by lunchtime!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Amy I have been writing myself a 'schedule' for the last 660 days. I don't always follow it - but it really helps me plan my meals, and is the only thing that enables me to control my calories.

And the most important change I have made to my life is to eat breakfast. I can't eat for the first hour or so after I get up, but I now can't start my day without breakfast. The second most important thing is that I now eat to provide fuel for my body - depending on what I am doing on a particular day. For example, we are going to be moving a whole section of BBQs and patio heaters at work today - and that's a massive amount of work. So last night I made sure to have a good mix of protein and carbs for dinner.

The old me would have just eaten what I felt like.

Today I will eat two meals high in protein, because I know my muscles will need feeding after moving thousands of kilos. And I'll double my water intake because otherwise I'll end up with a lactose build-up in my muscles.

I've always said, and I still believe it, that the biggest part of the battle to lose weight is the one that goes on in our heads.

Oops - just realised I start at 8am, not 9! I must fly…

Ani
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #12  

amy - did u have breakfast yet?? well did ya did ya?

i dont want to alarm anyone but the scales today said 88.7kg
now unfortanately my weigh in at the chemist will be after pub lunch so wont be as nice i am sure but i am sure i have lost at least a kilo
problem is when i first got the scales out they kept automatically jumping to 2kg or 2.2kg without anything on them... so i cleaned them opened the back and looked at it (not normal batteries so i decided not to play in there) and then put it down same thing happened. so i weighed myself and including the bonus 2.2kg i was 90.9kg, so i was like have i lost weight, gained weight are these scales completly fuc*ked or what? and then i looked at a funny email from someone and then thought i'd try again (i never give up heheh) so then it stayed on zero and i thought yippe they are fixed and i weighed myself and i was 88.7kg - which if you add 2.2kg to is 90.9 so i think they were working before as well just having a blonde moment (no offence amy)
so i think i can say i lost 1.6kg this week - i will try scales again.... hang on....
still went to zero first and STILL says 88.7kg
thank goodness that little guest appearance above 90kg did not last long
carrott carrot carrot
i dont know if i want to weigh in at the chemist but i will and see what it says
tomorrow i get my liteandeasy but after the 'success' this week do i really need it? we shall see

ani - you go girl hope you were not late today and water water water water water
i think that is one thing i noticed on monday was the amount i went to the toilet coz of extra water i was having
i truely think you flush fat away (whateva works in my quirky head i say)

happy wednesday - i have jem home today so we can go swimming lessons and pub lunch..... hard coz totally different routine than they do at daycare so she is confused but i am sure she wont mind when we get to swimming.... splash splash paddle paddle

amy - can leah help you cook?? like saucepan and wooden spoon on the floor get her own plastic kitchen with food in it?? (i am going to set up little house for jem) maybe??

julia - how did u go at the gym??? did you sweat properly?? i love that exhausted i did so good feeling, getting back to the gym week of the 16th which is the week i think my 'new life' will start whateva job i end up with i think will start then as i have commitments the 2 weeks prior to that so as of 16th i will be part time mummy part time something full time weightloss addict blah!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #13  
Blue Team Member

I was busy.. lol.. but i didnt skip it completely .. lol I fell asleep last night or should i say this morning at 3 am.. woke a 8.20 and realised it school photo day .. hooray for me . Cameron came home sick yesterday and is still unwell but the photos are important to him .. so i jumped in the shower took him to the hairdressers that opened at 9 am ( i garbbed a banana on my way out the door ) and got his hair cut, while i was in there a mum from school came in her duaghter butchered her sons hair last night.. lol they had rescheduked the pictures fomr 10 am to 9 . 20 am.. lol OMG... mad rush. I dropped him at school and ran back home to get the moeny and form for it.. he is also src so i had to wait for that .. leah played on the school eqiupmant from 9 30 till 11 30.. i got her a juice from the canteen .

So i had a banana for breakfast ... small steps... lol i also remembered my multi.. and i had a glass of water to take it .
and ive just finished my lunch and its only 12.30 so im doing ok .. chicken avocado and cucumber roll with a triangle of luaghing cow .. yummo
2 i had some almonds and a glass of milk
4 i had some cottage cheese
and dinner is lean beef jacket potatos and cauli brocolli and carrot
Cameron is home from school so .. my day is easier lol ...

Leah always helps me cook kel.. one for the pot one for leahs mouth.. lol I chop it she puts it in she will eat all vegetable raw as im cutting it up.. even potato.. yuk.. lol . If im making sndwiches she puts the things in.. if home mad pizza she puts the stuff on (not that we have had thosee for a few months .. ) She loves being busy and gets into mischief wehn not.. lol

So yes im getting a pink piece of paper and a big marker and im writing it down and gonna put it on the clipboard in the kitchen.. lol ..

oh and dont worry kel.. my whole life is a blonde moment... lol

Last edited by amouse; 05-21-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

A friend of mine dropped in last night to give me his compost bins - yay! Now I can make my own compost and potting mix.

We're having a big storm here at the moment, and are getting some beautiful rain. As I write the 'destructive winds and storm' haven't hit, but I'm sure they're planning to arrive just as I'm about to leave for work .

All OK on the weight loss front, except I let myself down with water yesterday and only drank 0.5L. I ate 1850 calories - but I did a lot of lifting, and walked 10.4km in heavy work boots, so I figure I burned it all off .

Amy this is how I "schedule" my day in terms of food:

Breakfast: high fibre/protein Uncle Tobys cereal with raw almonds and prunes & HiLo milk - around 370 cals;

Morning tea: banana - around 80 cals;

Lunch: Sandwich - soy & linseed bread and whatever I want to throw on it (I don't add margarine or butter) - around 340 cals;

Dinner: (I made this and froze it on the weekend) low fat mince, kidney beans, chick peas, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, capsicum, with steamed broccoli and cauliflower - around 350 cals;

Snack: a little bit of something sweet - around 150 cals.

If I stick to that I will be fine for the day. I also drink around 4 cups of coffee and a milo or cup of tea.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #15  
It's ME!

Well I was pretty good last night. Didn't snack too much and stuck to my points for the day.

Tonight I'm going to the gym and will do 40 minutes of some sort of cardio. Probably a walk.

The weather here is very wintery today. There's a heavy snow warning for parts of the south island so I expect it'll get very cold in the coming days.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.