Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly CHAT - May 19-25th

New pages for a new week!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Hope it is okay.. I bumped this to our new week.
I need to know what everyone thinks.. I am not losing after 3 weeks.
I think I have been very good about following the diet. I think I am going to try flex/calories staring tommorrow . It worked once before for me but I quit
too soon.
I am going to do 300 cal breakfast/fiber drink mid morning/
300 calorie lunch/fiber drink & fruit mid afternoon/400 calorie dinner/
100 calorie snack at 8 ish . I am going to still eat the healthy core foods
as much as possible but get on a more structured eating routine.
This should put me near 1200 and with walking I should see the scales
move.
I met a girl at the WW meeting that wants to walk also so we are going to start meeting tomorrow to walk together.
Should I switch to another forum since I am trying flex??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy- I'm sorry you are so discouraged! One member suggested that I might need to post a typical day's meals so others could give suggestions. Have you tried that? It might help. Also, it's possible that you are the type of person that feels more comfortable with structure. If that works for you, then that's great! Don't stop posting; I'd like to hear how you are doing. Maybe since you are planning to "kinda" stick with the core list you will still find the group relevant. Good luck!!! Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Thanks Sloan for the new pages. I forgot it was Monday!!

Nancy, a lot of us do "Flore"...Core but counting points, so, of course keep posting here. Don't be discouraged. It's a long process and metabolism is unpredictable. Fewer calories, better food and more excercise will do it though.

I've been walking a lot over the last few weeks, but still ned to watch the calorie intake. It doesn't work for me at all any other way.

We're having such a damp and cool spring that I am a little moody myself. I can't tell you how I hate being chilled in May for Heaven's sake!!!!

Mostly, I'm busying myself with continued de-cluttering and the last two days I've been going through old financial files, shredding lots of stuff.

Kinda boring , but necessary.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! Hope you weekends were nice - I guess we were all busy as the board slowed right down. Not much going on here - wi tomorrow. Otherwise nothing!

Nancy, please do post a few days menus so we can provide feedback. A few things that may be affect your results -- are you drinking enough water? How is your sodium? Also, what is your exercise routine? What I realized over the past month is that although I walk daily, it wasn't enough to lose. Once I increased my walking I've had some really good weeks. Also, are you over eating? Try measuring out your meals -- if you think you are having a serving of brown rice, how much are you adding to your plate? Try serving your self with a 1/4 measuring cup rather than a serving spoon to check your portion sizes. Just some thoughts - HTH.

Well, got to run. I hope everyone is well. BBL
Old 05-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #6  

Thanks for the ideas...
I walked over an hour today on this beautiful trail with a new friend I met at WW's meeting. It is wooded so it feels safe to go together and it was nice to talk and walk. We are going to try to go as many mornings as we can.
I think I need structure to remember to eat at certain times so I don't get so
starved I will eat what ever I can find the fastest.
Today for calories I ate 300 cals for breakfast/ a V-8
with fiber in it about 11/ 300 calorie lunch after my walk at 2. I'll have a fiber drink and fruit at about 4/then 400 calorie dinner and 100 calorie snack about 8. That gives me 1000 calories for meals and about 150 for snacks and
a little wiggle room for coffee creamer ect.
I am going to rely on the 300 calorie and less frozen entrees alot for lunch
and eat salads and lean meats & fish for dinner.

I am excited because I think with the walking and new eating I will see
results. I am also feeling SOOOO!!! much better mentally/emotionally.
I think the lack of sunlight during the winter affects me because as soon as
I started getting outside this spring I felt great.

Last edited by nancy237; 05-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #7  

Nancy, I was thinking about buying some of the frozen 300calorie entrees myself to try to be sure of the calorie content. I'll be interested to hear how they work for you.

Like Paula, I find that even though I do a lot of walking it's not that effective for weight loss. It's probably best for maintenance, and of course, it is good in itself. Prevention magazine has various programs and you can probably find them on their website.

I did my WW DVD at the high intensity level. It's helpful but I need even more I believe.

Hope you all had a good holiday. I start back intensely tomorrow at work, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Rhonda
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #8  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

WI today and wasn't very happy. I gained .2. I know it's not a huge gain, but I didn't think I gained. I stayed op all week and actually exercised more this week than I have in all the previous weeks. I'm not letting it get me discouraged, and I'm staying op, but I'm worried about memorial weekend. We will be going up north again, to my dbf's cottage and it's hard to stay op. Not the food, but we have drinks/beers. I am going to save all my WPA's for this weekend and he said he would bring my bike up so I could ride for exercise. Plus we go out in the paddleboat and that gives me a little exercise too. So I'm staying on plan and we will see what happens next week.
Also, I ate a lot of beef last week and wondering if that might have something to do with the gain. I will be eating a lot more chicken and lean pork this week to see if that will make a difference.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #9  

Tracie, .2 is basically staying the same. Focus on what you have lost in total. I find that one week a month, my weight stays the same or goes up slightly!

Well yesterday afternoon was stressful -- got a call at 4:30 that my dad was being taken to the hospital. He is 84, was feeling weak all day. My mom tried to get him to bed but he could barley walk and she couldn't get him in bed. She ended up calling 911. After waiting a few hours in the ER we found out he has pneumonia. My mom didn't even think he had a fever - when he got to the hospital it was 103 -- high for someone my age, but very, very high for someone 84. So, he is in the hospital for a while. The DR said that in the elderly pnuemonia can come on quick and if not treated can lead to sepsis (a bad blood infection, that is very hard to get over). So thank GOD my mom could not get him in bed. If she did and he stayed there overnight, it could have been fatal. As it is, its still very serious -- he'll have another chest xray tomorrrow to see how the antibiotics are working.

Needless to say, by the time I got home got dd to bed, I did grab a lean cuisine, but then had 2 glasses of wine and a box of sesame bread sticks. OK, it could be worse, plus it was the end of my week and I had tons of points left.

Today is a new day for me, debating on going to wi today -- no only because of my bit of a binge last night, but tom is looming and I feel bloated. I'll decide at lunch if I'm going. I may go but skip wi.

Well, thats my drama for the day. Got to get ready for the day. BBL
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #10  

Did you know 1 glass of wine is 2 pts, 2 glasses are 3.5 and 3 are 5??? yes, I am logging what I had last night.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Paula, I'll say some prayers for your Dad. God must have wanted him to get to the hospital.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #12  

Hi:

Paula, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's health problem. Hopefully, those antibiotics will work quickly.

I remember staying with my mom once and watching her get more and more strange. Then, it hit me that I hadn't seen her drinking much of anything. She had become dehydrated right before my eyes; elderly people often forget to drink.

God bless....

Rhonda
Old 05-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #13  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Sorry about your dad Paula. He will be in my prayers. Hopefully the medicine will work quickly and he will be feeling better very soon.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi chickies,

Back from being 'absent' I guess - luckily dance competition season is over and only dance recital left (jun 7th) which is no big deal! Then a big break over the summer - yippee!

Long weekend here in Canada - and to said that I ate out of boredom is an understatement! Weather was crappy so not much doing outside - so just stayed inside and ate - dh busy with consulting work - kids doing their own thing - not good for me (gained 3 lbs over the weekend) - and I did get a couple of naps in!

Saw the new Narnia movie yesterday - very excellent...and back at work today UGH!

Going to strength training class tonight and trying to watch what I put in my mouth!! Doing a 5 km walk this weekend with my 'strong women' group which should be fun - it is a 'race' weekend in Ottawa and there are all sorts of walks, runs, marathon and bike races - should be lots of fun - and hopefully no rain next weekend as we had this one!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #15  

Paula ,keep us posted about your dad when you have time. He is on my prayer list.

I walked 4 miles again today. A huge goal of mine has been to get up early and walk and today I did it because I had a friend waiting for me!! This habit will be good for my weight but also for my outlook on life. It is inspiring to me to be out on a beautiful walk in the woods. Also doing good with my 1200
calorie plan. My son wants to eat Mexican tonight because it is his 16th Birthday today. This will be a challenge with the chips and all.