Old 05-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/138/115

Height: 5'2"

Talking Anyone familiar with this experience?

So, I was entering in my calories for the day when I got to dinner and realized that with the plan I made for today, I needed a few extra calories to meet my minimum!
I know this probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I wasn't left with many other options...I decided to give myself a little more to ear for dinner! (What would have been a 400 calorie dinner became a 500 calorie dinner with only a salad added on)
And man, that extra 100 calories made one heck of a difference. I stuffed myself. To the point that, hours later, I'm only feeling the BEGINNINGS of the effect of being stuffed! It's a terribly uncomfortable feeling, but at the same time...satisfying. Satisfying because I know that, months back, that same meal that made me feel bloated tonight would have only just satisfied me. Now, I'm not going to go REPEATING this experience, by any means, but one of my goals had been to, over time, get my stomach to "shrink" so it would take less to fill me up.
Any of you guys had a similar experience? This was definitely a first for me.
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Yay!

Oh definitely I've had times like that. Eaten just a little bit extra... a little bit that a year ago wouldn't have made any difference... and bam! I'm stuffed and uncomfortable!

It's a very triumphant feeling.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #3  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I have definitely had this experience too! What I consider a binge now is a big bowl of unplanned cereal...the old me used to eat 3 big bowls of cereal a day, no problem

Also, I used to be able to eat a restaurant dinner and dessert, and lots of snacks when I get home...now I eat a restaurant dinner and I am DYING from being full..like to the point where I can't breathe
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #4  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

about 3 weeks ago I decided to eat fried zuchini. I know. bad claudia. there's this place that serves it and they give very generous portions. OMG. I could not finish it. In fact, I didnt eat most of it. And, it wasnt cause I felt guilty (although I did). It was just that I really was full. I couldnt believe that before I would be able to finish that stuff.

Last edited by kisskiss; 05-18-2008 at 11:44 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Oh I know exactly what you are talking about! I go through that every day. I used to be able to finish one ramyon noodle and eat some rice with the soup that's left. And then be satisfied. The other day, I cooked the exact same ramyon, had about half, was satisfied and didn't want to eat anymore!

I went to a coney place today and ordered salad and one coney. yeah, bad choice, but i didn't even eat all the bun. Well, I had half bun, one hotdog, and not even 1/8 of the salad and was satisfied.

I am so surprised at how much or how little it takes to satisfy me. =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Wow!! Very exciting to hear of this!! I look forward to my tummy shrinking up a bit too.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

same 4 me....
ive shrunk my meal sizes in half....
n rarely have any pudding....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #8  
Changing for the better

I can definitely relate.....when I used to eat dinner with my parents (I'm an only child) I would end up taking the same portions as my dad, who is 6'0 and weighs probably 160ish. I would eat full plates of white pasta and other stuff that I didn't really need. Now, I am trying to focus on eating until I am satisfied, not FULL or stuffed. The college dining hall was a similar experience – you can pretty much eat as much as you want, and when the rest of the table gets up to go get dessert, you find yourself walking over to the ice cream along with them, even though you know you certainly don't need it.

I have a pretty sensitive stomach as well, so my body lets me know when I overdo it. It feels good though to eat 1/2 of what you would have eaten before, and stop, knowing that you are finished!!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #9  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
So, I was entering in my calories for the day when I got to dinner and realized that with the plan I made for today, I needed a few extra calories to meet my minimum!
I know this probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I wasn't left with many other options...I decided to give myself a little more to ear for dinner! (What would have been a 400 calorie dinner became a 500 calorie dinner with only a salad added on)
And man, that extra 100 calories made one heck of a difference. I stuffed myself. To the point that, hours later, I'm only feeling the BEGINNINGS of the effect of being stuffed! It's a terribly uncomfortable feeling, but at the same time...satisfying. Satisfying because I know that, months back, that same meal that made me feel bloated tonight would have only just satisfied me. Now, I'm not going to go REPEATING this experience, by any means, but one of my goals had been to, over time, get my stomach to "shrink" so it would take less to fill me up.
Any of you guys had a similar experience? This was definitely a first for me.

Really? I would have just had some chocolate....lol tehehe just kidding. It sounds like you did it exactly right! That is very exciting! I remember eating entire boxes of rice as a snack, and now I can barely finish an apple lol. Way to go again! I bet you are proud!
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/185/155

Height: 5'10"

yeah, i've definitely had that experience, particularly after doing a juice fast for a day or two. just be careful that you don't keep pushing the envelope...the stomach is more than happy to stretch out again!
moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #11  

I actually experienced the same thing this past weekend. I made a box of organic mac n' cheese. There are 2 servings in one box. I used to be able to eat the entire box with some kind of meat on the side. Then I'd snack on something else probably a half hour after the fact. Well, this weekend I could only eat 1 serving, and had to save the other half for dinner. It was such a strange feeling, but pleasant none-the-less.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #12  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I'm the only person on here, apparently, who can still down a half a large pizza without blinking... and i've lost 45 pounds... so it SHOULD shrink... but it hasn't.

which makes me even MORE careful that I don't overdo things...
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #13  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

No, I could probably still put away like 6 slices of pizza. I wouldn't... and I haven't eaten that much since 2003... but I still think I could.

Though what used to be a binge for me -- an entire box of cookies, 3 doughnuts, an entire box of cereal -- has changed. Now I feel like I binged if I have 10 doritos. But I still COULD get all the cookies in the box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post
I'm the only person on here, apparently, who can still down a half a large pizza without blinking... and i've lost 45 pounds... so it SHOULD shrink... but it hasn't.

KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post

You are not the only one. I haven't lost as much as you have (way to go, by the way), but I think that I could still easily scarf down half a pizza. My victory is that I don't (and seeing that you've lost 45lbs, I bet you don't either). So for us!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I myself cannot believe how little it takes to fill me up now..before, I had the appetite of a greco roman wrestler. Sometimes I wonder if it's because my stomach has shrunk, if it's because I've really set my mind to this weight loss thing, or some other underlying cause...but whatever it is, I love it..I only wish I'd had it happen earlier and not let my body get to the point that it did. But better late then never, right?
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote