Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Default Atkins Angels Chat 5/19 - 5/25

Good Morning Girls! Its a new week...the weather is great...the PENS are on their way to the Stanley Cup playoffs & all is right with the world!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-19-2008 at 06:19 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Swimsuits this weekend anyone?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

So how'd Day One go for ya lesleeann & mkat?

Going to look for my link to Linda's Low Carb in case you haven't visited there yet for recipe's - there's also some good recipes right here in the Recipe Section . . .
Old 05-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Go Pens!

This is a long catch up.

No, Aud, I will not be wearing a swimsuit, not even my boy shorts and tank top. I am just too bloated from not being OP. I know it's my own fault. I just couldn't / wouldn't start before today. I didn't have the right food in the house, my weekends were too hectic, yada, yada, yada. I know it's all excuse after excuse after excuse.

The low-carb gods are determined to keep me on track today. Though my day was OP, I was already bargaining with myself that I should have the leftover pizza with the kids because there is no chicken. HA! I got home and DH has these beautiful beefsteak tomatoes. They look so lovely and so firm [I hate squishy tomatoes]. I have plenty of crispy lettuce and spinach. He is grilling some thighs right now. This is just a blessing.

So, I discovered over the past few weeks that my scale is 8-10 pounds off. I started thinking about how these pants that I was wearing last time I weighed 150 fit now. They are not hanging off me the way they did. Then I went to our company gym and got on the scale one morning. That confirmed that my scale is off. So, although I thought I was close to 150, I am actually 160. However, the good news is that I have still lost the same amount of weight.

I have gained 2-4 pounds over the past few weeks. But I am not as upset about this as I am about the scale. My clothes actually still fit the same except for a little tightness in the waist. But that is bloating because I feel it. My sister tries to say that I shouldn't weight my so often. But I know me. Knowing is one of my pet peeves. I just have to know. It was hard this weekend not having my scale but I didn't think my Eagle Scout DH would think a scale was 'necessary' for camping.

Do any of you remember that term, pet peeves? We call it OCD now. My aunt reminded me of this.

Last edited by sylvia78; 05-19-2008 at 10:32 PM.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

morning everyone!

Aud, I'll have my cozzie (swimsuit) on tomorrow during swimming lessons. Noticed I'm in desperate need for a wax though! Will carry my fins in front of my body until I can get an appointment scheduled. (teehee)

Sylvia, good luck getting back on plan. You can do it!

me? I'm STARVING right now. I have to do a fasting blood test this morning (just routine check), I've been up since 3:45am and although I'm rarely hungry at this time (6:30am), I am starving today. It's probably partly because I know I won't be eating for another 2 1/2 hours.

Time to down some H20 and head off to the gym to distract myself until the lab opens up. I'll have to really be on my game the rest of the day to make sure my hunger doesn't get the best of me. Might be a good day to have a big serve of eggs when I get home to fill me up! Yup....I think that's what I'll do....scrambled eggs, feta, spinach and maybe even a bit of bacon. yum yum pigs bum!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

ok Kris - I was already giggling @ the "fin visual" then ya had to go & add the "yum yum pigs bum!" LOL!

I'm trying to devise a way to be completely alone this Holiday Weekend . . . usually I spend it with my Brother down at the Tavern - huge Family Reunion - business. Just don't feel like it this year - Dr. is switching around my anti-depressants and I've been kind of "off" the last few days. PLUS - don't feel like putting my swimsuit/shorts tank top on either sylvia.

Hmmmmmmmm *plotting* . . . I'll let you know what I come up with!

Voted my butt off for my MO American Idol . . . never got thru.

Can tell tptb really wanted that ArchBot to win, couldn't you jg?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Auddie...I voted & voted for David Cook...took me a while to get thru but, I managed to. My feeling is still that Archuletta will win. Don't get me wrong...he's a talented KID...but, he's not the least bit versatile. From day 1 of this competition, he's sang ballads, and while I admit, he does them very well...he's never branched out to anything else. Honestly, I feel sorry for the poor kid...he looks petrified after every time he sings. I'm sure much of that has to do with his wacko Dad! David Cook is a natural, much like Chris Daughtry...so, even if he doesn't win, he'll do great! If he had a CD out right now, I'd buy it! We'll see Auddie...keep your fingers crossed!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #8  

Hey gals!
Don't you just get a little sneaking feeling that David Cook maybe doesn't really want to be the next idol? I just think he is so amazing and that maybe he has an inkling that at this point, with this exposure, that he could do even better without the AI contract and all. Maybe not...who knows.

David A is good - but I don't think he brings anything real new or creative to the game. But boy, do the judges like him. And, I'm afraid he'll probably be the winner.

Was planning to go to swimming lessons today but am still having some major chest muscle soreness (felt like an elephant on my chest yesterday! Scary Mary!) so think I'm going to give it a miss and take a day of rest today. Will make up for it by doing laps tomorrow after my pilates class and strength training. I PROMISE!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

DAVID COOK!!!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-21-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #10  

So Jersey girl....David Cook first and next the pens....

I am from Edmonton and My husband and I are Calgary Fans...( I know, Makes no sense..) but we are rootin for the Pens.....

I am very happy for David Cook he deserves it.....
Misery Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:41 AM   #11  

I even got to watch it LIVE here in Australia! Wow. Colour me surprised and pleased. He just seems like such a nice guy. Oh, and wasn't Simon's comments interesting? Takes a big person to apologize......
Old 05-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Chick View Post
So Jersey girl....David Cook first and next the pens....

I am from Edmonton and My husband and I are Calgary Fans...( I know, Makes no sense..) but we are rootin for the Pens.....

I am very happy for David Cook he deserves it.....
I'm from NJ & DBF is from Pittsburgh. Up until I met him I had no idea who the Pens or the Steelers were! My how things change!! We're keeping our fingers crossed the Pens win in Pittsburgh!!

I was sure holding my breath when Ryan Seacrest announced the winner last nite! I thought David C. deserved it...but..I truthfully thought David A would win it. He's a cute kid who can sing ballads well...but...thats the extent of his talent. David Cook has natural talent & appeal...he is truly a versatile performer. I greatly admire the way he treated David A. as well.

I told DBF, if David Cook tours...we are there! He said ok I wish he would tour with ZZ Top...THAT was an awesome performance!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

Had to stay late after the Installation Ceremony so didn't get to watch LIVE . . . when we got home, I youtubed it and completely freaked out! Just knew that Archuleta was gonna win . . . can't tell you what a HAPPY SURPRISE it was when Ryan said Daaaaaavvvvviiiidddd COOOOOOOOOK!

Saw alot of Internet Reports/Chats as I googled around - a lot mention the "Daughtery Curse" being broken jg - I missed all the Seasons except Season #1 - but remembered you talking about that rocker as well. Guess he got majorly ripped off.

Also - read the reports of Archuleta's Dad being banned from the rehearsal (and how the kid did so much better after that!)

Sooooooo, I've gone from being mean & hateful about Archuleta to feeling so sorry for him - overbearing stage Dad explains a LOT on why he looks so . . . I don't know . . . stunted? eyes closed - hand out? Hope his measure of success will propel him the **** away from Dad!

Also - LOVED when Cook's Bro mouthed "That's my brother!" The whole family was neat - and Simon? I didn't get that whole thing . . . all that "knock-out" talk and then the apology. I thought DA MANGLED my fave Elton John song and actually grinded my teeth to "Imagine."

I'm thinking Ole Simon got word early that Cook won by 12 MILLION votes????

Alls well that ended so well - and yes, I'd LOVE to see the concert now!

On an Atkins note: I'm having a changing day here today! Hit by another epiphany of I can't keep doing what I've always done etc!

Feeling good!

ttyal!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #14  

I am so happy for David Cook and he does really deserve it...he is a genuine guy and I think that little Arch...(reminds me of a Hobbit Tee! Hee!) is good but he will have a career on broadway like alot of the others and I think David Cook is gonna go mainstream just like Carrie Underwood just waiting to see his career soar....

Just a quick question:

Does anyone out there know how to get rid of heartburn in a carb free way? I have been getting alot of heartburn on the first few days of induction here...I am on day five now.
Misery Chick is offline   Reply With Quote