Old 05-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Smile Accountability/menu/planning, etc - week of May 19 - 25

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #2  

I've been struggling the past few days. I need to throw DH's candy in the trash - it's been 'calling' to me all weekend.

streches
ice/heat
lots of water
log food and food values
PMA -

Grant meeting
storytelling for seniors this morning

Breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch - cottage cheese and pear, crackers, veggie
snack - yogurt flax
dinner - pancake, sf syrup, soy bacon
snack - oatmeal, raisons, skim milk

Have a GREAT day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-19-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends. I missed everyone this weekend. This is the first time I've had a chance to sit down and catch up. My Dad and step-Mom came to visit. We had a wonderful visit with them, but the weekend passed to quickly. This is the DDs' last week of school. Next weekend, my in-laws will be here for a visit and they'll be taking the girls home to Florida with them.

Confession time....I've not been doing well with weight loss and exercise. Last week, I was battling the urge to binge and I did not handle myself gracefully. My emotions have been on a roller coaster and I've been trying to stuff them down with food. I'm not really happy with my job and there are some unresolved issues with things that happened between me and Dad after my Mom passed. Today, I have a 5 pound gain as result of my binge. I'm so very aggravated and disappointed with myself. Hubby and I will begin walking again this afternoon and I have decided to start blogging again. I need to find an outlet for all of this crapola that is floating around in my brain.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan week.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

My plan today - well I was going to walk to workthis morning, but my furbaby - Teddy got sick yesterday and I have to take him to the vet at 10 today, so Imay not be goign to work - but still plan on going to walk tonight. As fas as meals go for today Im new to all this so I havent thought much past breakfast which will be oatmeal! and coffee
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Beverly, I'm sorry you've been struggling. Overall though, you're doing great and you're still an inspiration. Rhonda, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I remember how it was when my mom passed, there's nothing to say but I'm sorry. Your weight loss is also an inspiration to me. And Mom, welcome!

I feel I'm back on track. Saturday was rough, but Sunday something clicked and I stayed on plan. I went to the store with my married daughter and we stocked up on fruits/veggies, lentils, and all sorts of healthy stuff.

Today: Bkfst - plain yogurt, splenda, blueberries
Lunch - cottage cheese/cantaloupe
Dinner - whole wheat pasta/chicken/corn

Lots of water, and I brought some baby carrots and a peach with me to work to snack on.

Have a great day! And as usual, I'm so grateful to everyone here for the inspiration.
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am getting myself back on track today. I didn't have the best weekend, but it could have been a lot worse.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for getting us started! I had struggled last night too. I ate a crappy dinner. Fresh start today!

Rhonda--So glad you had a nice visit! I am sorry to hear you are struggling, but sounds like you have a good plan to get things under control again.

theycallmemom--Welcome! Hope your furbaby is ok!! I always feel so helpless when one of mine is sick, they can't tell us what's wrong.

avi--Isn't it great when it all just clicks! Great job!

Hi to everyone else! Check in and let us know how you are doing!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Today's plan:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: lowfat cheese and tomato juice
L: leftover stir fry
S: latte, celery with natural peanut butter
D: chef salad
S: fudgesicle or sugar free jello with cool whip free

sigh, I was weak last night and had one of DS's klondike bars. Made me sick to my stomach, which was well-deserved. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Today will be a clean day.

Rhonda and Beverly
, sorry you are both having a tough time. Hang in there chicks! Avi will lead the way back to sanity!
Hey, mj!
Hi mom, you are just getting started, I know, but I found that planning is key to success! Hope you come up with a good livable plan for you.
Have a great Monday chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Well, I totally blew my plan today - I had to have my dog put down I am devastated, my daughter and I took him out to a friends farm and buried him, and on the way home I had a double scoop ice cream. I cant beleive my dog is gone
Old 05-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

schmoodle--Sounds like we are all getting back on track today!

theycallmemom--I am so very sorry for your loss.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

My plan...always eat breakfast...I managed this morning, even though I was running late. Funny how that early meal keeps me satisfied and not racing to the evil vending machine or overeating at lunch.

I hate normal breakfast foods...this morning I had smoked salmon, prunes, and some green olives as well as orange juice. I'm finding that variety and "high flavor" (hence the olives) is working well.

Pandora
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #11  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

so sorry for your loss Mom.xxx
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #12  

Hi chicks - yesterday I stayed on my plan - I am so grateful. After several days of struggling and over eating I am SO glad to have had a good healthy day. I logged my food - but, aside from my usual counting calories, yesterday I also counted fats, saturated fats, cholesterol, and carbs. It helped me to get back on track. I think I'll need to do that for the next couple of weeks - just to help me stay on track (I hope).

Today:

- I will work on confirmations today.
- Go to fabric story to get cloth, rope or ribbons to put on my dresses so that I can tie them in the back and wear them this summer for working

stretches
log food
ice/heart
lots of water
meditation
PMA

breakfast - cheese wrap, apple sauce
lunch - egg white salad open face on toast, brocolli
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - pancake, turkey sausage, sf syrup
snack - cereal, fruit, skim milk, flax

Rhonda - I am so sorry you have been struggling. It is so true - emotions and feelings can impact a program. I think your idea of blogging and journalling these feelings will help. Do the best you can. I know you can have a healthy day!

Pandora
- I love your breakfast! Yes, anything that's on your plan is a great food for breakfast. So glad you could stay away from the vending machine!

Theycallmemom - so, so sorry about your doggie. Just do the best you can. I know you are feeling so sad.

Schmoodle
- darn those Klondike bars!! I am so glad you planned for a good healthy day. You CAN do this, friend.

MJ5 - aren't you glad that the weekend is over and you can have a fresh start. Sounds like it could have been worse - actually, that's a victory. Hope you had a great day.

Avi - I am so, so happy that it went so well over the weekend. It IS such a terrific feeling when it all kinda comes together. That's wonderful!! Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I hope everyone has a good on plan day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-20-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

Renee - welcome to the accountability thread. I'm really sorry about your dog. That's a tough one.
Pandora - I agree...breakfast is a key requirement for me to stay on-plan.

My morning date with the scales was horrible today! I'm really hoping that a lot of my gain is water because I'm seeing a number that I never thought I'd see again. Yesterday, I wasn't 100% committed to staying on-plan. I didn't exercise and there was just too much of the junk food still in the house. Last night, I setup the crockpot and my steelcut oats are ready for me. As soon as I finish posting here, I'll open a spreadsheet and track my calories for the day. Also, I will setup the crockpot with something for dinner tonight. Cooking and the cleanup will be super easy and Hubby and I should have no valid reason to skip our walk.

This weight gain has scared me and I now know that I can't play around anymore. I have to get serious about staying on-plan and improving my health.

Wow...this thread has gotten very quiet lately. Purple, Ginger, Momma, Rakel....how are you? I hope you're doing well with your plan.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #14  
One day at a time

Good Morning - today is going to be a good day! Till I get to work and want to eat everything in sight! working at a cafe and dieting is hard!!!! So Im gonna eat my oatmeal, cause it fills me up and carry a water with me all morning! And for lunch it will be 2 big lettuce leaves stuffed with a slice of ham, tomato and mustard - yummy! and some fruit! not sure about dinner yet, maybe leftovers. Oh and for sure I will come home and play with Marley and maybe see if I can start teaching him how to walk on the leash (Teddy would never go for a long walk - he was a fuu fuu dog)
Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Yesterday I was back on-plan!
Here's today:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice, lowfat swiss cheese
L: refried bean soup, salad
S: latte, celery with peanut butter
D: citrus and soy mahi-mahi, 3 bean salad, green salad
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds

so sorry about your puppy mom!
pandora, I agree breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. That's quite an unusual breakfast you had!
You will do well today Rhonda, I just know it! You've got a plan. It HAS been very quiet around here lately. Where is everyone?
So glad the kids finished those evil ice cream treats last night Beverly. No more temptations there.
How are things going mj?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote