Old 05-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #1  

Wink 20 year something boys...

Why is it that all the MY AGE boys..

All the 'I'm open to try new things' boys...

The 'OH I LIKE BIG GIRLS' boys...

seem to act younger then they are, don't turn new things, and really don't DATE big girls!!

I'm bigger than all my friends in my little circle and I swear once I get drinks in me I feel like SEXY MAMMA BEYONCE!! lol I feel good about myself even though I can (and AM) shed some pounds. Then why does all the men I talk to don't like me.. (it's not my personality, I'm amazing lol)

I narrowed it down to One thing...my weight. I'm am a curvy girl but I guess the guys all around me don't understand that because all my friends around them are singing along with the count on sesame street (and they really don't get to 18+)!

So I'm losing weight...not for the BOYS (dummies...not all but dummies) but for me and me only. So what if when I drop 50 pounds men will be acting like slaves in a old Britney Spears video, I don't care because I'm ready to walk alll over them.

Does anyone know what I'm saying? Can I get a HALLELUJAH!

<3

Last edited by ohtempus; 05-18-2008 at 07:31 PM.
ohtempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Hallelujah!!!!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

ohtempus - what a great attitude - I'm 27 and know how you feel. When I was at my highest (227lbs) I would never get bought drinks - but my friends would - no attention for me other than to get to my friends - now I get ALL of the attention - and I have one of those great personalities too - so you know what I do? I take the drinks, chat them up for a few - and then don't give them my number unless I find them to be truly genuine - which most aren't...at least not at a bar - but hey - we can all have fun and we all aren't meant to be married by the time we are 25 - so go out, have fun, get rid of some of the weight - and Walk Tall!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

a big Hallelujah to that!! I know exactly how you feel!!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #5  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Hallelujah!
Most boys our age are exactly how you describe. Most, but not all
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #6  
Back to the horse

S/C/G: 105/101.6/63

Height: 5'8

Hallelujah!!!!!
olguitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

argh men... men in their twenties... don't even get me started
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:13 AM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

Hallelujah!! I totally hear you!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #9  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

That's because most guys in their early 20's are complete and utter judgmental a-holes, I'm a 21 year old guy saying that. Not all of em, but most of em. Trust me, I know how much it sucks, only good enough for a "friend." 110 lbs later you're "good looking" and people are all over you. Stay away from the people that act like that, just try and meet someone new. And then you'll lose weight and be sexy as **** and all the guys that were jerks before will come to you and you can be like, sorry honey...I've got a MAN!!!
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #10  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

you can get as many HALLELUJAH's as you want from right here!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #11  
Back to the horse

S/C/G: 105/101.6/63

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffogrubb View Post
only good enough for a "friend." 110 lbs later you're "good looking" and people are all over you.
i'm sorry for saying this, but man you ARE good looking!
olguitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #12  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Hallelujah! LOL

Great thread!

Yes, I completely hear ya! I'm not exactly at the way other side of the skinny spectrum (tehehe lol), but I really am at a size where when I go out and try to look good I feel good! LOL, before when I went out I never even got first looks. Now though, I'm refusing drinks, turning down dances, and cutting fishing lines (not even kidding...some guy tried to do the whole reeling in with a fishing line thing). Before...even though I think it had to do some with my weigh, for me personally, it was mostly my self-confidence. I've still got a little ways to go, but I am now happy with how I am...even though I wouldn't mind a little improvement.

I was originally 222lbs when I was in high school. During college I was about 160-165lbs. I HEARD that a LOT. Guys don't mind big girls, but when it comes right down to it...MOST boys (and not all...there are some WONDERFUL guys out there...I found mine lol) aren't looking for long-term, but short-term fun. They look for what stands out. What's easy....

I love that you are losing weight for yourself and for no one else. That is when I started making the most progress myself. I will say...in high school some of the 'popular' guys were just horrible to me...or didn't even know I existed. I've got to turn down quite a few of them. They don't even recognize me! LOL... it comes all the way back around lol.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #13  
small goals at a time

S/C/G: 281/276/250 (For now)

Height: 5'10"

In your 20s and 30s it doesnt seem to matter what you got going in your life, or if your intelligent or compassionate or hysterical, it just matters if your rear end fits into a size 2 pair of jeans.

And I really have to say I think that women can be just as rediculous. It doesn't matter if I guy is sweet, if we don't think he is "hot"
chubbypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #14  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I hear ya---- that's why when I was in college with all those ridiculous BOYS my own age... I met my future hubby who was 6 years older than I am and much more mature than the guys in my own age group.

yep yep yep---my sister had a bad time in college for the same reason.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #15  
I will do this.

Even though my man is 3 years older than me, I still see a difference between 21 and 24. Huge.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote