Old 05-18-2008, 05:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Question Any others late 20's, single?

I'm 29 with less than a year to 30 ... sort of feel like I don't fit in anywhere right now. The 30's in my world seem so settled... and the 20's feel so aloof. Anyone else caught in between those two worlds?

Out of my 20's/30's friends, literally only 3 of them are single... and I never see those 3... so that makes it all the more tricky.

If anyone can relate, I'd love a buddy for this process. It totally feels like Wonderland right now.

Thanks in advance, be well.
Learning2Live4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #2  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

i'm 29 and totally single. i'm trying hard not to fret - age is really just a number (plus i'm pretty sure i don't look my age!). most of my friends are younger than me and i usually date guys that are younger than me as well, so i don't have much experience with the 30s.

i'm actually kind of looking forward to my 30s - hoping i grow a little more intuitive and realize what i want out of life.
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #3  

Hey. I'm 28 and very single. I don't usually post on here I kinda randomly check but most everyone seems to be in their early to mid 20's so I felt kinda weird.

I know this is weird but I can't wait to be in my 30's. I'm not sure why I'm just ready I was that at the end of my teens to I wanted to be in my 20's. I don't think that is gonna happen for 40's.lol

If you want my e-mail pm me I check my e-mail everyday and I only check this board ramdomly. but I would love a buddy, I've kind of fallen of the wagon lately and need to get back on it.
Fox2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Learning2Live, I am 29 also, and will be 30 before the years end. Im not happy at all where I'm at. I sooooooooooooo wanted to be married and have a family by now, nor do I have a bf. My younger siblings are way further along in life than myself. I take it a day at a time, but it is super hard.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #5  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

heh, yeah. when i was younger i thought i would be married by 25 and have a kid by 27. that sure didn't happen!
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/185/155

Height: 5'10"

Hey all! I'm 28 and single....and I live in Vermont. When I moved up here from NYC I thought there would be all kinds of wonderful bearded woodsmen, but honestly all I've found are the marrieds and the crazies. Crazies there were in NYC, but at least they were single.

Anyway, I've never stressed being single. I love my own company, and at least in NYC, had loads of single friends to hang out with. It's definitely getting annoying being single at weddings, though, with everyone else coupling up. I blame that on other people though, not me. =0)

Chin up, just enjoy the ride...remember you always find things when you're not looking for them.
moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #7  
small goals at a time

S/C/G: 281/276/250 (For now)

I just turned 26 a few weeks ago. And went to two weddings of my friends in the past month and 3 more are expecting babies. Sometimes it can be really hard. I was always someone who figured I would have kids by now (wierd it is more about the baby then the man) but it is TOTALLY Weird being in the middle I don't feel young, silly and carefree but i don't feel like my mother either.

Even shopping for clothes has gotten harder. The young and sexy clothes (even in plus size now) feel to frivilous (especially since i teach grammar school) and everything else is downright dowdy.

I guess it is all part of being comfortable with myself (my age included)
chubbypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 AM   #8  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hi girls,
Me too, I´m 28 (will be 29 in three months) and single. I´ve been single most of my life, had one boyfriend (with whom I wasn´t in love (don´t wanna do that again)) and three other man I´ve been with that I fell completely in love with, but for numerous reasons, it didn´t work out.

I never thought I would be married by now, well I can´t imagine myself getting married... but I did think that I would have had long term relationships by now, and the feeling that I get is that as time passes and with each disapointment it gets harder and harder to actually be in a long term relationship

But I do enjoy the ride, I do enjoy the attention I´ve been getting since I lost the weight, and do hope that I will find "Mr. Perfect for me", if I don´t, tough... there´s a lot more to life than having a relationship with a man... but yes, it would be nice to have a man that I love and that loves me to share my life with...

Last edited by carol2208; 05-19-2008 at 03:00 AM.
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #9  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

I'm gonna be 30 in 2 weeks! I'm nearly divorced.. probably final in June or July. I have no children but I have a wonderful snuggly kitten named Isabelle. I recently graduated from college, moved to a new city and technically state.. ok so I jumped across the river but still! I find I like my independence, my own company and the company of my friends who are all in different stages of 'settled'. We still find lots of time to hang out.

I am embracing 30 with open arms. It feels odd to be single again but hey, my 30's have to be better than my 20's and this year has GOT to be better than the last because it was by far the most difficult year of my life.

Life is good.

And I'm a talkative gal so hit me up on a pm if ya ever wanna talk!
gothik butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #10  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm 28 and semi-single. I call it that because I'm dating a great guy but it's not really all that serious and I like it that way! I do not desire to be married right now at all and definitely do not desire kids either! So really I'm at my own perfect place. I do have a bunch of friends who are married and who have kids but it doesn't bother me because we're different people. I'm not worried about what's "normal" or what's "expected" of me from society. I choose not to live by that.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/185/155

way to go, gothik butterfly...it sounds like you're in a great place. new decade, new life, new state, new cat, sounds exciting to me!!
moth is offline   Reply With Quote