Old 05-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Water Water Water

Hey ladies - I am new to MRC and will officially start my green menu tomorrow! Anyway, I have been really slack in my water intake lately but am striving for the 64oz each day plus. I thought this thread would help me to be accountable and maybe others.

I have already drank 40 ounces of water and plan on drinking at least 40 more today. So chug up everyone!!!

Sharisse
www.picturetrail.com/reser
www.myspace.com/reser
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #2  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
Hey ladies - I am new to MRC and will officially start my green menu tomorrow! Anyway, I have been really slack in my water intake lately but am striving for the 64oz each day plus. I thought this thread would help me to be accountable and maybe others.

I have already drank 40 ounces of water and plan on drinking at least 40 more today. So chug up everyone!!!

Sharisse
www.myspace.com/reser
I looked at some of your pics! What a beautiful family! Your son looks just like his daddy with your glasses and you beautiful girl looks just like you! How precious!

On the topic of water! The water don't seem to be an issue with me! Initiall when I had to go to 96 oz, I had a little trouble making that! Now, I think I exceed what is actually recommended. Not sure why we are recommended not to go over 120 oz. I am moving all day with my job and keep a 24 oz bottle with me and I go through anywhere from 4-7 of these a day! It is important that you get in all your water though, it will help wash the fat you are loosing out of your system!
Ms Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #3  

Also the mom of boy/girl twins (currently seniors in college -
start saving now!).

I drink 66 oz of water during the winter. Now the hot weather
is here I'll up that probably to about 88 oz. I carry my water
bottle everywhere, I even bring water for the boy I tutor so
I can swill away without guilt

k
frogponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:17 AM   #4  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post

Sharisse
www.myspace.com/reser
I looked at your myspace and you are a 25 year old male from athens? Im confused.
3monkeysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #5  

My bad Nickie - it is www.myspace.com/ssreser

I did drink 80 ounces of water today and also took an hour walk with my neighbor pushing my stroller with my twins in it. My son weighs 34 pounds (with clothes on and diaper) and my daugher weighs about 27 pounds (with clothes on and diaper). WOO HOO for me!

Sharisse
Old 05-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
I looked at some of your pics! What a beautiful family! Your son looks just like his daddy with your glasses and you beautiful girl looks just like you! How precious!!
Thanks Jeannie! I hear it that way and I also hear that my son looks like me and my daughter looks like my husband! I guess it depends on the day! LOL! They are my world!!!

Last edited by pamperedmomoftwins; 05-18-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Wow. That's a LOT of water to drink :|

Silly question, but what do people prefer? Bottled, filtered, tap? If you have a filter - what kind do you use?
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #8  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post

Silly question, but what do people prefer? Bottled, filtered, tap? If you have a filter - what kind do you use?
It varies! When at home, I have filtered water in the refridge door! I keep a couple of bottles handy to mix my HNS!

When on the road, I mostly drink bottled (the tap water tastes funny when you move around a lot, depending on the source, some water has more clorine than others and I am not always sure it is potable) - usually just get what is on sale (just have to try different waters and see what you like, they is one I don't like, it just has an off taste to me! Don't remember which one it is, would have to see the bottle!) If a water fountain is available, I will use that also!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #9  

I buy gallon jugs of filtered water from the grocery store then refill them at the windmill, the windmill is not a real windmill but a place that has filter water for 25 cents a gallon. The gallon jugs work for about a month then the bottoms start to leak and I go buy new ones.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #10  

Quote:

I almost always drink bottled water. I get the 20oz bottles of water from Walmart and keep them in our garage. We put a few in the fridge so it is really cold. Sometimes I also drink the water from our fridge (water line and ice maker).

So far I have 60 ounces in today!! I plan on drinking 20 more before bed here!

Sharisse
Old 05-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #11  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Water can be a problem for me not because I don't like it, but because the water out of the tap here is so bad, I can't stand to drink it. So I have to buy water. And that gets almost as expensive as buying sodas! I don't have a convenient Windmill location to me but I do try and get refills when I'm out running errands but when I run out of water at home (mostly on weekends), I tend to just skip the water and grab a Diet Rite. I'll even mix my HNS's with that instead. Oops!

When I'm all stocked up on water and during the week when I'm using the office water cooler, I will have anywhere from 3-5 liters a day.
angierue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:45 AM   #12  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Did you find it hard to get started in drinking so much? I have the motivation to hit the gym, but not to hydrate! It's soooo not good for me, I know. But did anyone else ever experience that, or am I just ridiculous? Any tips?
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:27 AM   #13  

Quote:
Did you find it hard to get started in drinking so much? I have the motivation to hit the gym, but not to hydrate! It's soooo not good for me, I know. But did anyone else ever experience that, or am I just ridiculous? Any tips?
No your not ridiculous, I hate water.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #14  

Ok yesterday I probably got in about 70 ounces but today just barely 40 ounces. I will kick it in the butt for tomorrow (Wednesday) and shoot for 80 ounces!

Sharisse
Old 05-22-2008, 01:25 AM   #15  
Jeannie

Quote:

I never really had a problem! I mostly drink water, not much of a soda drinker! I used to do quite a bit of sweet tea but have kicked that habbit! I have always loved my ice water! Now just getting used to not always having ice handy! Used to couldn't stand drinking room temp water but am fine now! When I need a change, I do a diet rite! I like all that I have tried thus far! A while back, my brother in law was staying with us, he tried the diet rite tangerine and white grape, liked them better than the regular sodas, think he is converted now! He looks for them in the store when he is out and about!