South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF On The Beach

Happy Friday!

I had a good day yesterday and am feeling so much better today. Even though it's raining. I think this afternoon I'll keep the girls busy making birthday cards for Cindy, and maybe we'll even bake her a cake.
I'm looking forward to the weekend and hoping I can get the rest of my flower garden planted in between rain showers.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:34 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage! I've got a fresh pot of Love Buzz made - would you like a cup? Hope the rain drops leave you room to garden

I'm off to yoga in a bit, then the usual errands. I've got a couple of work projects to tie up today then no work until after Memorial Day! I plan to spend the weekend freezing asparagus (and eating lots!).

A co-worker shared some climbing spinach seeds. I can't wait to try them! Think I'll plant them around my willow tepee and see what happens.

See you later!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, baking on a rainy day sounds like fun! Have a great day with the girls!

Cyndi, I've never heard of climbing spinich! I'll have to look for some...guess I'd have to wait till fall here?

Me: had a great visit with family yesterday evening after the funeral. We all met up in Baton Rouge at the hotel where they are staying after the weather cleared up and sat around the pool watching the kids swim and talking. Hadn't seen a few of them since before Katrina and it was wonderful catching up. Didn't want the night to end.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:59 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning ladies.

raining here too
i'm at work but i'd rather be home in bed between my ankle bothering me and my IBS acting up I'm wishing for rest.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's pretty chilly here at 40ºF and I'm a tad worried about the tomato plants I left outside last night. They are either hardened off or toasted tomato seedlings!

Cottage, I hope your day works out well and you keep on feeling your perky self. We have a rainy weekend predicted here too.

Cyndi, climbing spinach sounds good to me, The leaves would be nice and clean. I grew New Zealand spinach one year which was interesting. It doesn't bolt in hot weather. However, it has fuzzy leaves so is no good raw although yummy cooked.

Cat, sitting around the pool with family sounds great. Too bad it was the result of a funeral.

Aw. Nessa, I do hope your day improves! Bloody IBS!

Another busy, busy day today with plants to label and price for tomorrow;s sale. Doug is coming with his truck so I need to get at that right away. Then it'll be baking marathon time as I got very little done this week - just some cookie doughs made ahead. I have another contractor coming to look at my barn repairs too and hope to have some cookies baked so I can offer them with the usual coffee.

Guess I'd better get to it before the day runs away from me. Next week I am going to take it easier and cut some of the stress.

Happy TGIF to us all. May you have Spring in your step.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-16-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

It's a dreary morning out, and I don't care!! Work was horridly busy yesterday, but I only have a 1/2 day today...and then off for the weekend!! Hopefully, we'll start working on the garden (no time up til now!).

ANd, even better, last 3 days of Phase I!!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, can't say I've ever heard of Love Buzz, but I'm sure I'd enjoy having a cup of it with you. With a name like that, it's bound to be good! Thanks!

Nessa, sorry you're feeling bad today. I hope your day flies by so you can get home again and crawl under the covers.

Cat, I'm glad the storms cleared out in time for you to enjoy your visit with your relatives. Are they staying over the weekend, too?

Ruth, I hope you rested up yesterday! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your tomatoes are alright!

Twynn, lucky you, only working 1/2 day today! I hope the weather clears out enough to be able to work in the garden tomorrow! That's my plan for the weekend, too.

I just finished the 3 mile WATP with weights, and now I'm enjoying a bowl of hot Ezekiel cereal with berries and the last of the coffee. I need to get dressed and out of here real soon, though, since I want to stop at the store to pick up a gourmet chocolate bar for Cindy's birthday. She'll love me for that one!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Thanks Cottage...storms are back this morning, but last night was very nice. I think they are all headed back to Houston/Washington State this afternoon. One of my nephews has a winery in WA and brought us some outstanding wine. Can't wait to get into it. It WAS sad they were here for a funeral, but my sister in law's Mom and Stepfather were in really bad shape and the whole family was exhausted and I think it is a relief (that's sounds bad I know, but you know what I mean) They were in bad shape before Katrina and ended up in Houston and did not want to be there and were in a nursing home and didn't really have a "grip" on things and it is better for them now both dying the same week. It was time.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
What a great day this would be to go back to bed with a book! But after I get this coffee down hopefully I will be ready to jump in. I need to work of course, and straighten up the office a bit, it's really getting out of control. I guess I'll need to do a WATP today as I won't get my outdoors walking in. I need to finish up a little sewing project my niece asked me to do for her, and plan my menus for the week and make the grocery list. Tonight is pizza at my moms. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but I couldn't wait and peeked this morning. It looks like the scale will be nice to me this week and let me log in my first weight loss for May. I'll have to be careful not to eat anything salty tonight!
Glad you are back in the zone and feeling better today cottage.
Happy first day of vaca Cyndi! Freeze some asparagus for me please. And I'd love a cup of that Love Buzz, if cottage didn't drink it all. I could use some, DH fell asleep on me last night.
Nessa, sorry you are not feeling well, IBS is the worst. But I'll bet your toes look great!
Hi Twynn, you are in the home stretch, hurray! Happy early start to the weekend.
Glad you had fun with the fam Cat. You must have a huge family! I guess I do too, but I'm only close with the ones that are nearby.
Ruth, hope your tomatoes are okay. Happy pricing and baking, and here's some sounds like a good chilly day for baking.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-16-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Quiet morning, here on the chat.....Hope all is well!
Cottage - Have fun today baking and crafting, I'm sure Cindy will appreciate it. And I hope you get some gardening in today. Let's just hope it dries up a little.

Cyndi - Enjoy your asparagus-filled weekend. I LOVE asparagus, little pencil ones AND the big thick ones. There is so much that you can do with them. And they even make just a great little afternoon snack w/ some soy mayo.

Cat - Sorry to hear that you had a funeral yesterday, but it sounds like they lived a full life. It may sound crazy, but I sometimes really enjoy funerals, for exactly the same reason you had such a good time....it brings family together and if you love your family, like I love mine, you can help but to enjoy yourself.

Nessa - I hope your aches and pains go away so you can enjoy your Friday.

Ruth - You're almost there. This weekend is quickly approaching, and it'll be gone before you know it. Good luck with the baking today!

TwynnB - Almost done with that P1, hang in there.....you can do it!

Schmoodle - Be good tonight! I know you want to see a good number tomorrow. Sounds like a busy day, but well under control. I, too, hate it when my office gets looking like a tornado hit it. Find satisfaction in getting it back in order.

Me - I've got two parent meetings today and then I've got to get ready for the catering I'm doing this weekend. I've really slacked on getting things together. so immediately after work I'm headed to the grocery store, and then tonight I've got to make a bunch of mini cheesecakes and some shrimp and avocado ceviche'. Not too bad, but the cheesecakes will be a lot of little work. Last night I was really good, we went to a new BBQ place. When we got there they immediately put a basket of garlic bread on the table. It smelled SO GOOD! But I managed to keep it at bay. I ended up having grilled catfish w/ green beans and saute'ed mushrooms and a green salad. I was very pleased! My plan for tonight will be to stay away from the cheesecakes! Wish me luck!
ENJOY!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I know it's been forever so I thought I'd drop by quickly and say hi. This week has been insane at work. I was on a cruise last week (YAY!) and next week I am out four days at a writer's conference in Colorado. I am looking forward to seeing that part of the country but need to be here because I have tons to get done. But since I have no choice I better just enjoy myself, right!

We had our latest baby appointment on Tuesday, I am almost 17 weeks! Baby was doing great, heartbeat was 140, he or she seemed to be doing aerobics down there for all the thumps the doctor picked up! I find out on JUNE 10 if it's pink or blue!! Happy almost-Father's Day to my DH! My dad's birthday is also the 11th so he will like that.

I have gained only as much weight as they suggest at this point so that is great. I will hopefully stay on track and not get gigantic because I don't want to have to worry about that on top of the "regular" weight I need to lose!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cat - The circumstances are sad but it's nice that you got to spend time with people that you haven't seen for such a long time. If you need help tearing into that wine, I'm just a short 2.5 hour drive away

Woke up to more rain! ick. I wish it would get dry and stay dry. I'm off to the store in a little bit to pick up a pregnancy test. I haven't had TOM for probably 8 weeks and am getting a little nervous....also, I've been SO tired lately. DH and I have been talking about adding to our family, so it wouldn't come as a complete shock as we haven't been as careful as we were when we really didn't want another kid. I took pg tests about a month ago and nothing. I hope I can at least figure something out!

Other than that, not doing much today. I was really tired yesterday and didn't feel like cleaning...so I have to clean up after Tornado Calvin. He had such cabin fever yesterday, he brought toys everywhere! Also, unloading the dishwasher and reloading it and LAUNDRY!

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #13  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Morning all- This past week has been crazy and a lesson into what happens when you don't plan your meals well. I haven't lost any at all this week. I've actually gained a few pounds from my lowest reading at 218 or so. I'm hovering around 220, 223. All of this is normal, but it makes me feel sad. I've been having a hard time sticking to my regular eating hours, making sure I get the snacks I need, and I've been eating out a lot- I think there's a lot of hidden sugar in the food I've been ordering. So... This week is a wash, but next week can be better. I need to get more sleep, I'm exhausted.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Back from yoga and errands.

Cat & Ruth - the climbing spinach is supposed to like warm, wet weather. It's considered an edible ornamental - green leaves, purple vies and pink flowers. I can't wait to try it!

Cottage & Schmoodle - Love Buzz is a really dark, rich coffee from Equal Exchange. It's one of my favorites and there's always extra

Nessa, TwynnB,hmacneil, zeffry, Jessie, uscarchie

Now to get a little work done and then off to the farm stand!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I need to go to the produce stand before everything gets sold out! A friend of ours is coming over for dinner tonight, and it was his birthday yesterday....even though he didn't tell us. We didn't tell him we remembered, so we're going to surprise him with a great dinner and an ice cream cake from a local creamery (he LOVES ice cream). I also bought him a big bottle of bourbon. He's that type of guy I'm sure he'll be quite surprised and I hope he feels honored.

Anyway, off to get the kid to bed and get this pig sty cleaned up!
Closed Thread