Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #1  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default What am I doing wrong?...

I am POP and things are staying the same. I started a TO today to get things going, but I have barely lost a lb in 2 weeks. Not TOM or anything. what could I be missing. I measure, I weigh EVERYTHING and it is just sticking. I exercise at least 30 minutes of walking with a run 2-3 x a week (1 hour or more) HELP! Any suggestions/ideas.. foods that I should avoid all together?...
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #2  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Are you getting in more than 5 hours of exercise in a week? When I started exercising my center told me I had to tell them if I did it 5 hours or more a week. They told me they would have to adjust my food. You may possibly be getting to little calories and your body is holding on to everything due to Starvation (sp?) mode. Another thing is, are you getting variety in your menu? Maybe try mixing things up. I was stuck in the 170's for a while. Don't stop the program whatever you do. You will start loosing soon. Just keep at it.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/283/???

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry if this question sounds....lame? But what is POP? and TO? Just new to all this.
Good luck with the weight loss...
cathexis2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #4  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

POP=Perfect on Plan
TO=Take Off
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #5  
Success Leads to Success

S/C/G: 161.8/161.8/135

Height: 5'4"

This was posted by Deb a while ago as a plateau breaker - if I don't loose this week I am actually going to try it myself.

"Here's a plateau breaker suggested by my COD-

Proteins - lean options such as chicken, fish and veal
Starches - high fiber/low cal, lite whole grain bread (35-45 cal/slice)
Fruits - high fiber - strawberries, raspberries (I used frozen) and apples
Vegetables - high fiber - broccoli and spinach
LA Lites: 1 drink and 1 bar instead of two bars a day.
H2O - up to 10-12 glasses
No fast food, frozen food or restaurant foods

In addition, I suggest hot lemon water first thing in the morning
and adding lemon juice to your water.

I also try to use protein instead of cereal for my breakfast to get my metabolism going early in the day. Try skim ricotta cheese slightly warm with cinnamon. It is yummy. You can add fruit if you like."
chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Elizabeth, That sounds like a plateau. Almost all people trying to lose weight have them. Your body might just be taking a breather. Sometimes I think our bodies have periods of time when other things become the priority for it. I liked to imagine when I was on a plateau that my body was spending time pulling the skin back in tight, and when it was done doing that, I'd lose again.

The starvation mode is a real possibility. Our bodies do compensate for a loss of calories. One of the biggest things for me to tell that my body has started trying to conserve calories, is to take my temperature. When I'm eating enough, I have a normal body temp.. when my body decides to go and get sneaky, I will see temps more like 96 degrees instead of 98.6. So if you've been feeling cold and hungry all the time, and your temperature is low, you definitely will need to eat a bit more to keep the metabolism going, since there is nothing worse than starving and not seeing a loss.

I got switched to a higher exchanges plan before and started losing again. So if you are an active person, perhaps you just need more food to keep your body in the zone where it will lose best.

Also for most women 2 pounds a week is not the rate their weight loss stays for a long period of time. It is not uncommon to stick to that rate for the first 20-30 pounds and then see the weight start to come off at a slower rate. You still get to goal, and end up healthy and beautiful in the end, and really you are going to have to eat better your whole life to stay thin, so there really isn't anything to worry about if it is taking some time.... Honestly losing slower is healthier for you. As long as the weight is still coming off. You have to have the attitude that this is it for life, instead of the I can't wait until this diet is over attitude, since that will put you right back to needing to lose weight again.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

I can't add anything to what's been said other than to ask that you make sure you're sure you're getting enough water in and to suggest that you watch the kinds of starches you're eating to make sure your body isn't going accustomed to them...

Also, try getting your starches in early and maybe have breakfast for dinner and vice versa once in a while!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

I have read that the body "re-adjusts" after 10% weight loss. It looks like you are around that number - stick it out and you WILL come out the other side of the tunnel.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. I talked to a superb lady at the COD yesterday and she told me to eat in an 'upside down' triangle.. like Dan's suggestion. I am having yogurt, oatmeal and eggs for breakfast and my meals are getting smaller through the day. I seem to 'save' a few for later in the day when I think I will be most hungry and that is not correct. I am pushing the water and going back to the express plan (I was loosing consistently on that, quit loosing since the free to live.. that will come later). My exercise is plenty and the same as when I signed up. I am active everyday (walking 30 min+ and chasing my 4 kids around) with 3x a week I am running... they know the routine. Barb.. thanks for that info.. I never thought of that happening. I will keep plugging away. Thanks for the ideas everyone.. keep em coming and I will keep at it! POP for me.. & you too!!!!

Last edited by 4princesses; 05-15-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #10  

How is the express plan different from the free to live plan?

Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #11  
Success Leads to Success

Elizabeth,
I have also had problems since I was taken of express and put on free to live. What exactly did your COD tell you in that regard?
Old 05-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #12  
Success Leads to Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
How is the express plan different from the free to live plan?

Tracey
The free to live program adds an extra startch and expands your food choices drastically. With the express program you are limmited on what types of food you can eat. Also, at my COD they tell you that you don't have to come to the COD as often once you are off the express, which for me translated into a lack of acountabilty.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #13  

Chan, My COD said it was juts a more expanded plan, she said most people like that the free to live has more variety. I said I am fine with the express as that is easier to shop for and still, I need to get in the habit for life long changes of making the BEST choices. She said it was a great idea to go back.. I'll let you know tomorrow how it is working (WI) as I have been back on the express for 2 days. I am sure it is the variety that is too much for me and how much does 'consume infrequently' really mean? It is worth a shot to go back to what was working for me so well before.. after all, if it ain't broke....
Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #14  
Success Leads to Success

Yeah the "consume infrequently" is quite vague!
I like having the options avilable to me that I have in the Free to Live plan but they obviously are not good options.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

To me, "consume infrequently" means once a week, twice at most and never on consecutive days.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote