Old 05-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Flex Talk #9

Here's a place where we can discuss Flex and WW, as well as issues of our everyday lives. New Flexers are always welcome, so please join in, to give and get support and encouragement on your weight loss journey.

Flexers that attend meetings, At-Home Flexers, and anyone just curious about Flex are all welcome here.

Here's a link to #8: http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141593

We reached that magic #100 on our old one so here's a fresh start!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Sonja - My favorite part of the wedding dress is in the back. The red goes around the back and flows down in two ribbons/tails/things... it's really pretty That being said, I never want to plan a wedding ever again As for your heart thing - that has DEFINITELY happened to me before, I attributed it to smoking too much. It only happened a couple of times but it is the weirdest feeling. Usually happened when I went to lay down and try to sleep with a ton of nicotine still coursing through my veins...

vday - look at all that hair in your new pic! Goodness, wonder how much it weighs? You have gorgeous hair. Good luck finding a place to live!

free - did you try flipping a breaker or replacing a fuse or anything to help with your light? That's really weird - I would definitely just hope the landlord doesn't notice when you move out... Congrats on the smaller sizes, and I'menvious of your beautiful weather! though today is supposed tbe gorgeous here....

institches -

keli - Our wedding was small too - about 35 people. Just the important people. I thought I would mind looking at the photos afterwards, realizing I had tons of time to lose weight beforehand but I didn't... But I don't even really think about it when I look at them, that day was not about my weight, you know? And that's so true about your bro & sil - "sometimes quick losses don't teach you the important things, like how to keep it off." You're wise beyond your years, I'll have to keep repeating that to myself....

mod -

Kim - Thanks! As for more wedding photos, let me see if this works - this is supposed to be a "public" link to my facebook album, I've never tried to share a FB album before so hopefully it is indeed public. Let me know if this works:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...46a&id=1531000

Manick - This Biggest Loser challenge sure is kicking our butts, huh? Especially with the exercise! I didn't even make it to the next beach last week but I feel like I should have been medivac'ed the last 100 miles or so I don't know how I feel with those get-sick play dates.... Hmm... I guess it's good to get it out of the way before it gets complicated as an adult or something, but it just seems so cruel! I remember the chicken pox being such **** when I was a kid!!

luvmyfam - Well, you're here you know, and here's a good place to be. Be very proud of yourself that you're not just sitting around complaining about having gained weight and not doing anything about it. You're being proactive! Yay! I'd love to see your photos if you want to share them.

Faerie - yikes, that effected you all the way up there? Boo! Well good luck playing catch-up. Forsake 3FC in favor of getting work done and preserving the sanctity of your Saturday! Come back when you can

Last night was work work work... tonight and tomorrow will be the same. I took on an extra project at work to get some extra money, but it's not as easy as I figured - it's DIFFICULT to make yourself work in the evenings when you've been at work all day anyway. Boo. It'll be over in a couple days, but then I'll have the chance to pick up yet another project... We need the money but I think I'm going to drive myself crazy if I keep doing these.

I peeked at my scale this morning and saw good things going on (hello, 197!)... But of course that can all change by the end of the week so I'll just take that as validation for the weekend and move on. I'm not gonna look again until Saturday... daily fluctuations are dangerous territory for me!

Gorgeous day outside - bike sitting next to me ready to be ridden (rode? rided? ) home this evening.

have a good day everyone!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #3  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Hey Suite: Yes I miss my long hair!! It got wayyy longer than that, like down past my chest...and then I cut it because it was getting to long to deal with. And now I MISS IT! super bad...ah well it will grow back.
-Daily fluctuations are my enemy as well...I was driving myself CRAZY weighing every day. I have moved the scale back into my bathroom and hope I can stay off of it until Saturday.

As for me, I gained 2.4 pounds this week. I am not sure why. I had a 3.8 loss last week, so I am thinking maybe I just lost too much in one week? I have no idea. I am so sick of these ups and downs though. But oh well. I forgot who posted it (and forgive me for this) but someone said that their doctor told them a .4 weight loss a week is healthy and you are much more likely to keep it off that way, meaning only losing one pound a month. So I have at least reached that! hahaha...well it makes me feel better anyways
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm a retired receptionist with two children a girl thats married and a boy thats a confirmed bachelor,living in another state.On my weight loss journey I have been with WW for 10 years and lost a total of 40 lbs.but only to regain most of it do to a hysterectomy.After moving to Ma. I went on the South Beach and Atkins to find my numbers stalling,so now I back to WW again.

I'm a flex er that would like to join the thread. I've been on WW for now 6 weeks this Thursday,[second time around]but only lost 2 lbs. so far. Two weeks was my fault for plateauing, once my leader found me using the wrong pts for my soy milk. Have to be careful that it doesn't happen again as it can be so frustrating when you have the information but you don't use it correctly.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #5  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

Hey yall! I've been using 3FC for about a month now, but have yet to officially join a thread such as this one, so I decided to do so today!
I'm Katie...this is my 2nd time on Weight Watchers. The first time I did not make Lifetime..and then I went through my senior year of college and had a new boyfriend and did way too much drinking and partying---Have since graduated and grown up in many different ways (and no longer have that boyfriend!!)
I'm 22 and working on my Masters in Public Administration. I'm not married--yet, and I don't have any kids--yet. I've already lost 26 pounds on Weight Watchers, and only have about 3 more until my goal, and then my maintenance. I'm training to become a receptionist and then hopefully a leader after I make Lifetime! I love WW and the fabulous results I have seen!
I'm constantly on here looking for new recipe and meal ideas, and definitely always look for support in the area of exercise but I'd love to be able to share my life with you all and get to know yours! Thanks
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #6  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Beach Bum - We're glad to have you here. We hope you stick around and continue to post with us.

Vday- sorry about the gain. Hopefully things will level off and you'll be back on track soon.

Jaime- Loved the pics!!! Thank you so much for sharing! The pic with your DH and the flower girl with the swan in the background is priceless! Sorry about the extra work not leaving you much time for fun. I know how nice the extra money is though.

Faerie- I hope you get caught up so that you don't have to work on Saturday. That would really be a bummer.

Everyone else that I missed comments from on the other thread:

Well, I'm certainly having some food trials lately. I had a late meeting last night and didn't get home until around 7:30pm. We always order tacos on Monday nights. I usually eat a salad before DH brings my taco home with him. Well, I was famished by the time I got home. DH hadn't even left yet to pick up the tacos and the neighbor dropped by to bring us some freshly fried Morel mushrooms that they had just found in the woods. You can see where this is going right? I had 12pts leftover for the day, I thought "what the heck, I'll try one." Fried foods are not a trigger for me - normally. I ate about 5 of those li'l buggers! They were small pieces (justifying), but fried. I had already told DH to order me two tacos b/c I had enough pts left over, but add some fried mushrooms on top of 2 tacos and I'm pretty sure it totals higher than 12 pts. Ugh! That on top of eating at the buffet on Mother's Day. Ugh! I'm skeered to face the scale tomorrow, BUT I feel like I've been so regimented in the past and this is normal. Life is going to throw these things my way and I need to deal with them. Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!

I was going to share a couple of horse pics, but I guess I don't have any on my work computer. I'll have to do that from home sometime.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #7  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Katie! I missed your post earlier. We'd love to have you jump aboard and join us!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey all,

Sad to report that I'm still not OP, but, here's the bright side -- I just came home and hoovered down a piece of toast with PB, a few choc chips, and some leftover ww pasta from last night. I also popped some potatoes into the oven. However, now they're done, and I'm just full. Don't even want them. They're just sitting there (for now, hopefully I won't get into them later after my stomach has made some room).

Can anyone suggest kick-start ideas? I usually change my diet, like, South Beach stopped working (well, honestly, it never started working, but that's not the point) so I started counting calories, I sort of fell off that and picked up WW, but I really like WW! I don't want to just start another diet. This one is absolutely the most reasonable. Sometimes I will switch up my exercise routine, and that can be helpful, but none of my old standby ideas are doing it for me right now.

Does anyone have any ideas for changes that help motivate them?

Jaime -- uh oh, you're scale peeking? careful, girl! But still glad it had nice things to whisper in your ear! And thanks for sharing those pics, so lovely indeed!!

Vday -- stupid gains. grrrr. but really, 3 lbs isn't such a big deal. you can shed that off real quick. hows your fight with the monster going?

Beach and Katie --

Paint -- give yourself credit for keeping count of those mushrooms. That, in itself, is a great thing.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Welcome, BB and Katie!

I had a gain this week, as I posted in the WI thread, I'm pretty upset (like Vday) with the ups and downs, I took out my calendar from last year, where I logged my weight and looked at this time last year...I was 182 then 159 today, so I've managed to keep off quite a few, 22 lbs. I have to be happy with that, but really want to get off this yoyo...I hate it ok, end of rant

I'm very proud of myself, I guess I should post this in the NSV thread. I turned over my entire garden by hand tonight, I was working on the second half and I realized that I had never done the whole thing at once, I'm feeling it now, but am proud of that, it's a sign of strength and fitness that my baggy pants don't really show me.

Jaime, I love your wedding pictures, you and DH are a lovely couple. Very pretty picture of you looking at your flowers, I loved my flowers... A beautiful setting, I'll have to look for some pics to share. I might have some on this pc, I'll have to look and then figure out how to get them on here, you guys are so great with your avatars and sharing photos.

I forgot, I was going to post something about the scale. I had a prob. with the fluctuations, but it always seemed like if I didn't weigh in the a.m. it set the tone for the day, so I had to come up with something that would work for me, so I write on the calendar my weight, but I'm only allowed to compare it to the week before. And I only change my tracker and keep track of my weight loss on WI day, which is Tues.

I'll have to check back on #8 to check on Faerie, whatever happened, hope you're well and back online soon.

I enjoyed reading all the posts. Have to go buy some fruit for tomorrow. Better throw some clothes in the washer, too...it never ends...

Last edited by kelijpa; 05-13-2008 at 08:46 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #10  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Paintfancy: don't feel bad! you didn't eat that much at all considering you were so hungry...so good job with that!

Shrinking: I am doing okay with the binge monster...I did binge a little bit when I was drunk..I had a huge bowl of cereal, a couple bites of pizza, and not to mention a crapload of alcohol...other than that I have been okay. Except I have been having too many BLT'...bites, licks and tastes

kelijpa: I hear you on the ups and downs! It's to the point where I am not even happy when I have a loss because in the back of my mind I think "it will probably be back next week".

I don't get it!

Well, off to plan my graduation dinner. Can you believe my dad is trying to make me go to chuckie cheese? Because all of my siblings are bringing their kids, so he is honestly trying to make me have my graduation dinner at chuckie cheese...NOT HAPPENING! I would consider it if they served stiff drinks, but they don't. Only beer, and crappy beer at that. Because if I have to go to chuckie cheese, then I better at least be able to get drunk!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Hey everyone! Everyone sounds so busy!

Vday - I would say not to Chucky's too.. lol. If I am going to be successful with my food, pizza is definitely not on any menu much less me going near one. That would do it for me.

Shrink - I have been wanting to binge too. Hubby, daughter and son went grocery shopping and conducted a revolt that started in the chip isle. Actually it was more kids than hubby, but now I have 3 bags of opened chips on my counter and wonderful French onion chip dip in the fridge .. calling my name.... arrrrgggggggggg!

Suite - I too love your dress. You and your hubby look so nice together. I looked for a new seat for my exercise bike, but couldn't find one specifically made for a woman. The others I looked at didn't look like they would suit me so I just folded up a large towel and draped it over the seat.

kelipia - good going on looking at the big picture. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves where we started and where we are now so we don't get upset at the little things.

beach & katie - welcome to the boards! You will find this place welcoming, supportive and understanding. I haven't met (virtually) people like this on the net before. They are all treasures.

paint - I would have eaten the mushrooms too.. lol. And the tacos. I haven't had a taco for so long!

This week so far has been a weird one for me. I normally am not a big meat eater, but I have been craving hamburger, steak, anything meat. I wonder if I am iron deficient? Dunno.. lol.

I am also not planning as well as I have been nor have I been writing things down. I am going to struggle through the rest of this week and then start over again on Saturday.

I grilled skinless chicken breasts the other night and they were so good I could have eaten two but I managed to stop at the one. Grilled asparagus and mushrooms too. I made a salad, but I am sick of the dressing - need to find something different to make lettuce more interesting.. lol

I have decided that I can't have any type of snacks around me. I don't think I have the willpower to avoid them. It would be sooooooo easy to go out to the kitchen and get a bowl of those chips and eat them... but I am not going to do it. The last time I threw away the chips, my daughter was a little upset. So I told her we would get those small bags and she can keep them in her room so I don't see them.. lol. She has a chest in there so she can keep the small bags in that.

I know that I am tired of drinking water. I am getting it all in plus, but I need to change up what I am drinking. I got some crystal light individual 'sticks' that you can mix in the bottle of water, but I am not sure I like it. But it is a change so I will see.

I am not getting all my veggies in. I need to figure out what I am going to do with that this week as well. Fruit isn't a problem, but my veggies are becoming one. I can't wait until the garden starts producing!!!!! Nothing like eating out of the garden.

Well, other than seeing some old habits trying to return (not eating and then binging on bad stuff), my week hasn't been too bad. Just a case of the blah's I think.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #12  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Ahhh!!! You guys went off and started a new thread and I was totally unaware.

Way to keep up eh??

Soooooooooooooooo, I'm writing today FULLY OP. Over the past month, I have simply been making better choices, but I haven't fully been counting everything that I have been eating. I finally had a decent paycheck, and things just seem right now, so I'm diving back in.

We shall see how this goes

I've noticed a change in my body since I gained my weight back. Stupid stress. It's just been a heck of a month but I feel that I'm not mentally ready to take this one again full on

I'll get back to everyone personally whenever I get finished with this rush at work.

THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #13  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hey Flexies!

Have tried to get here to post all day! There will have to be more from me tomorrow! Bosses get home Saturday from a 2 week vacation, work is crazy for me but I am hanging in!

Suite, your wedding pics are great! You look radiant and beautiful, and your hubby plays the piano!!!! Cool, very cool I will have to load some of mine to share. I know just what you mean about the weight not really being an issue that day. I was SO happy and had waited so long for that day I just enjoyed every second to the fullest! Looks like you really did too!
And yes, the Biggest Loser challenge is whomping me...I am trying not to get burnout, I want to just stay consistent and stay with it all. Glad you enjoyed the artichoke post, I've been meaning to list a couple of salad recipes on the thread you started, maybe later in the week!

Vday, beautiful new avatar photo....NOOOOO on the ChuckE! Stand firm, it is YOUR graduation! Congratulations!!!! by the way, way to go!

Beach bum...welcome! What beaches do you like to bum on? I am a big beach girl myself! DH and I went to Cabo for our first anniversary in Dec-January (we got married NY Eve 2006) it was great fun! I love Mexico but Cabo was too expensive for me...would reduce me to bum status right quick!

Kel Way to go on seeing the overall picture! It IS frustrating to wait and wait and wait to get this weight off. But you are making progress and getting there! I'd love to see any and all pics you dig up!

Shrink
Glad those heart palp's stopped...and you hang in there! If you don't mind a bit of advice, get serious NOW...it gets alot harder after 40....I wouldn't have believed it until I turned 40! When I was 27, 28, 30, it was comparatively easy to drop the pounds! My problem is that I didn't stay serious about keeping them off! In that dept, if I could do it over I would!

Paint
You are exactly right, this is real life and it's gotta be real! I think that realization qualifies as a NSV actually, that you dusted yourself off and just kept on! I'd love to see your horsey pics too!

Chey, keep on keeping on...it is hard to make this your habit, I totally understand the "tiredness" and boredom...some days I am just dying to go pick up some take out xxx and be done with it. It is worth the effort though!

Katie welcome! How inspiring that you are almost at goal! Come by anytime you want to chat or just post how you are doing.

Instich, Faerie
Howdy to you both! Will have to catch up later...

I am going to bed! So tired, forgive any spacey comments...back for more tomorrow!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

OK. STILLLLL not doing so good. I feel like it maybe has to do with the end of the semester -- last week felt hard because I kept finding myself with my friends in bars, celebrating the last class, and this week, it's the end of internship, so you better believe that leads to more celebrations! Of course, deeper than that is the great fear that underlies big change, as in, I'll be done with school (for now) and moving out of my apt with my boyfriend, and when I get back from my camp job over the summer, I have no idea what I'll do or where I'll live. So in these stressful times I've been reaching for food, drink and smoke instead of healthy stuff and exercise. Maybe this gives me something more controllable to stress out about, something I can fix. But I dont want to gain my weight back!! That will feel pretty bad, too!!

OK, well, that's enough psychoanalyzing myself. I have a therapy appt in an hour, anyway. I'll let him do the work.

My final thought on all this is that I hope that when I face the scale tomorrow, it gives me the kick in the butt that I need. And maybe a new cookbook will help.

Manick -- thank you for the advice. I hope it sticks, that it means something when I'm confronted with the urge to eat and eat and eat...

Vday -- I can't believe your dad would think of having YOUR grad dinner at Chuck E Cheese!! That is really funny. Perhaps you should remind him who, exactly, is the guest of honor??

Heather -- Yay for getting back OP!! Can you take me with you??

Chey -- it looks like a lot of us are struggling. man, I'd have my head halfway in a bag of chips if they were around. As it is, the only munchie thing we have around here are unsalted saltines, which are a bit easier to resist, but that's not saying I'm resisting them, I just feel less guilty about them because they taste like nothing.

Kel -- way to go on the gardening! That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon, too. And it is so nice to see yourself actually be able to do things you couldn't before!

OK, I think I'll pop in the shower and get ready for the day. I need a new coffee maker. This no coffee thing is really no good, esp when I didn't volunteer for it (smashed the carafe a couple of weeks ago -- NOT a good way to start a day!)

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Everyone!!!
I'm still reading, but so sorry I can't personally reply right now.

I was at work for almost 12 hours yesterday, and today.. oh goodness who knows? Tonight I'm showing someone some tables I put up on craig's list. Hopefully they'll want them

I'm just exhausted. Just body and mind tired. The kind of tired where if I were allowed to sleep, I think I'd be sleeping for a 24 hours.

Oh well, must keep up & going! Things to do.

Miss you all! Hope everyone is well!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote