Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ May 12 - May 18

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 05-12-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Smile

Eight free days so far this month Super stressed and busy, and craving off and on like a ***** (=cranky ), but surviving!

I'm back with a plan like I haven't been in awhile. My long term goal is to be back down to 124 by the end of this month (my ticker isn't exactly accurate), and so on...

Short term...binge free until Wednesday means I'm going to treat myself to cherries. They just arrived at my work. So yummy!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well done Penelope, good to hear you're surviving I bet those cherries will taste great too!

I'm back to day one, going strong, and actually feeling okay without having to stuff my face
Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey there all. I had a busy week last week. Wasn't around here much Last Sunday we went out to dinner to a fondue restaurant. VERY, VERY yummy!! But REALLY, REALLY, BAD!!! I gained 4lbs back from the 6 I lost. So last week I played catch up, today was my weigh-in and I'm back down to where I was!! I'm very happy that I got back to it. Now I can keep moving forward. I've been exercising almost everyday. I have a few different work out videos: Walk Away The Pounds, I have a variety of those, one Tae Bo workout video and Hip Hop Abs. I want a variety to be able to change up my routine.
so I'm back on track. I'm sure I'll be around later Chickies!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning ladies, it sounds like everyone is getting on track to have a fabulous week! Yay!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #6  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Back to day 1 for me today.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
Back to day 1 for me today.

No frowney faces allowed for you! You've been doing great. Today is a new day, so you just look towards the future and have a healthy, on-plan day today!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

I've been flip-floppin' around binge-free wise, but I can say that for today, I didn't binge and am "abstinent" (in the OA sense of the word...)

You all are an inspiration...
Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #9  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

hi girlies, just to stay i'm still around, not much to report apart from the fact I'm having the TOM from **** - sickness, major pains, everything - up 2lb but that always happens at TOM, hopefully will all go once it's finished...not binging or anything tho had a little unplanned chocolate yesterday...ok i'm going back to curl up in my covers and grumble about being female
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #10  

Just wanted to sign on with 2 days being binge free. 2 may not sound like much, but it's kind of a big deal to me.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginme View Post
Just wanted to sign on with 2 days being binge free. 2 may not sound like much, but it's kind of a big deal to me.
It's a HUGE deal! Never doubt that! Congrats on Day 2 binge-free, you are talking to a bunch of us who KNOW exactly how hard EVERY day (and sometimes every MINUTE) can be! Well done!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-13-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #12  
Michelle the Vegan

Day 62 and this afternoon was a bit of a struggle. I felt head-achey and kept thinking of food as if that would solve it. Arrrrgh. No matter how I tried to distract myself I kept thinking of food. Man, I seriously hate the hard days. I'll be glad to go to bed and put this one behind me and hope that tomorrow will be less of a struggle.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys. I always forget to check the new thread for the week!

just_a_dreamy1 - good job on having a reward for yourself.

tdiprincess - You got back on plan and that's whats important.

Wardhog and beginme - Hang in there, it'll get easier!

me23 - sorry I think we can all relate here. Good job on just giving yourself a small treat and not binging!

Josephine - You've come so far, you can do it!! It sucks that some days are so "food centric" but I tend to just go to bed a bit earlier on those days myself!

Sorry I haven't been in as much. It's not very good of me but I tend to not check in when I'm not having too much trouble keeping the binge monster at bay. I'm trying to figure out how many days it's been since my last binge, I think it's 44 today. Wow over a month, it's been a LONG time since I've gone that long without binging. There's been days where maybe I eat ONE serving of ice cream that I shouldn't but to me that's not a binge. In the past I wouldn've eaten the whole damn carton! I have a therapist appointment in the morning and I think I'm going to recommed just every six weeks after this one. I think I just needed to see someone to admit my problem out loud to work throught it.

Stick with it ladies we deserve better then to be held captive by food!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 AM   #14  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Quote:
There's been days where maybe I eat ONE serving of ice cream that I shouldn't but to me that's not a binge. In the past I wouldn've eaten the whole damn carton!
I agree. I do the same with chocolate. Would probably do it with ice cream too except I don't have a freezer at college.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning chickies! I'm SO GLAD to put yesterday behind me and plan to have a struggle-free day today (I hope!)! Day 63 has started on really nicely with a run and a good breakfast and my headache is gone, gone, gone and I feel good!

Heather -- I haven't yet felt strong enough to have the soy ice cream in the house yet, I'm afraid I won't be able to do 1 serving, so congratulations, that is a real victory in my book!! The only formerly bingey food I have "mastered" so far is peanut butter (knock on wood!)!
Closed Thread