Old 05-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #1  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

Unhappy Give the baby her bottle

So I weighed in today and only lost four tenths of a lb. I need my blankie and a bottle.

I know that a loss is a loss, but with all the bdays and mothers day. Actually, the only day this week that I ate out of my diet was last sunday. I had a tiny piece of cake and a tiny scoop of ice cream. I've been really good. I have PCOS and I think my cycle is trying to come back. My uterus has been trying to claw it's way out all week. I've defiantly felt like crap all week.

I just wanted to whine and cry. DH tries to be supportive, but he's 6'3" 170. Not like he can relate. I knew you ladies would know what it was like to have an organ try to escape while you're trying to exercise.

*sigh* New week, new possibilities.

on the plus side, I have lost 35 lbs! 30 more to go! I can't wait. When I get to 165 we're going to re-start TTC.

Last edited by Kriket84; 05-12-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: that pesky dot was hard to see!
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #2  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Small losses can be disappointing, especially after an awesome eating week but, hey, it's a loss! Keep in mind that loosing weight unfortunately isn't as mathematical of a procedure as it should be--bodies are weird and even though you might be doing things right, they really don't do what we want them to do until they're good and ready. Plus, if it feels like your period might be trying to come back, it would be perfectly natural that you gain a bit of water weight.

So, chin up! you've lost 35 lbs so far and your over half way to your goal! Think of how healthy and strong you're making your body as well. You are obviously doing something right, so if I were you, I'd just shake off this week and just keep chuggin' away!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #3  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hello. First off CONGRATS on the weight loss.. 35 lbs is nothing to frown about!
As for the PCOS, you could very well be getting your cycle back since you dropped some weight and could be retaining water. Same thing happened to me and now I get it regularly and didn't have to be on Met if I didnt want to. .4 is still a loss and you have the right attitude. A new week, new possibilities!
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I agree with the others....
a loss is a loss no matter how big or small....
its still a step in the right direction....
chin up and keep going....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I personally cant believe you said that. I havent lost weight in about a month and a half now and would do ANYTHING to have lost 4lbs. You should be really proud of yourself, that's a huge achievement!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Unfortunately, it wasn't four pounds, just four tenths of a pound (those dots can be hard to see!). I think most of us would *love* to drop four pounds in one week. I sometimes see a four pound increase from TOM, and I'm happy with an average half pound loss per week. Congrats on the total of 35 pounds gone, and good job staying the course another week !
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
I personally cant believe you said that. I havent lost weight in about a month and a half now and would do ANYTHING to have lost 4lbs. You should be really proud of yourself, that's a huge achievement!
She said point 4, not 4 pounds.

Regardless, OP, WTG!!!!!!!! You've lost an awesome amount of weight and should be proud of yourself. I've, also, had fantastic weeks where I've lost points (.4, .6, etc)- usually the next week I see a bigger loss. Keep your chin up- you're right, a loss is a loss!! And I promise you, when you reach goal.. you'll look back and won't even remember the weeks you lost "points", you'll BE there and that's all that will matter.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote