General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 02:20 AM   #1  

I thought i would start this thread for people who are using slimfast and would like support while doing it.

I have been using slimfast and i really like it. It helps with my sweet cravings.

Old 03-09-2001, 12:41 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi!
I think this was a good idea to have a sucess with slimfast thread. If you ask if people have tried it they want to preach to you about what they don't like about it, etc.. those of us who just want to report our progress and support others don't need all that nonsense! I am doing Slimfast shakes and bars and counting calories too. I keep my calories between 1800-2000 a day. I have alot to lose but so far I have
lost 13. Good luck!
313/300/165
Old 03-09-2001, 07:53 AM   #3  

Default slimfast

I have been using slimfat along with weight watchers. I really like the soy ultra that
they just came out with. It has more protein in it so that i am last all morning without getting
hungry.

I have just started so i don;t have a weight loss but i am hoping for a good one.
Old 03-09-2001, 08:05 AM   #4  
One more time

how would you count Slimfast on the Richard Simmons plan? I like it for breakfast, it take the hunger away until noon. And I also like the fact that it has all the vitamins in it. And I'm like you guys somethings work for some people and some don't. To each his own.
Sandy
Old 03-09-2001, 04:22 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

I am using eDiets as my main source for motivation, which provides meal plans, recipes, etc. But for breakfast what works best for me is Slim Fast. I have never been a huge breakfast eater, but I know that I have to get something in my sytstem to kick start my metabolism. Slim Fast is the perfect breakfast option for me being a working mom always on the go, plus it gives me a chocolate fix, and the vitamins are a plus. I know that it wouldn't work for me to do shakes all day, as I enjoy eating real food--so I combine my day w/ convenient frozen entrees for lunch and recipe based foods for dinner, with snacks in between like fruit, or occasionally a slim fast nutrition bar. I know that I want to make this a long term way of life...and this is working great. I have lost 13 pounds in 5 weeks, and I feel great.

Wishing you all success, Karen
Old 03-09-2001, 05:53 PM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Karen, WWGal and Sandy!
I don't know much about Richard Simmons except for you keep track of food catagories per day so how do you count slimfast? Thats why I like to eat what I want and just count the old calories. I guess you could check the richardsimmons.com web site.
I will have to check out ediets too! Does it cost anything? Congrats on the weightloss!!

Well, I weighed in today and couldn't wait to tell you all I have lost more! I lost 4 more pounds!!
I have a long way to go so I like to break it up into goals like on the goal threads (ST Patricks Day goal, Easter goal, etc..)

Have a great weekend all!
(313/296/165)
Old 03-10-2001, 02:58 AM   #7  

Default richard simmons

Hi everyone,

To the question about counting slimfast on richard simmons--there
are exchanges listed on the back of slimfast on how to list it. I
am doing the old ww exchange program and that is how i list
the slimfast and richard simmons is just like it. I found the exchanges
on my can so it should be listed on all slimfast foods ( i hope this
helps)

well i have done ok this week i lost .2 it is not much but for me it is
a lost since i lose very slowly.

well i hope everyone has a nice weekend
Old 03-10-2001, 02:29 PM   #8  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

I started out a year ago on slimfast and have now lost 50 pounds. Now not all of it was on Slimfast but most was. I have been trying out the other diet bars because I only like the Slimfast shakes and can't drink cold meals in winter. I expect I'll go back on it this summer and loose lots more weight! I also like the Power bar (harvest variety). They taste great and I have lost weight on them as well. Hope all of you enjoy the sucess that I have had. Never give up. Don't worry about all of those negative people out there who say Slimfast does not work. We all need to do whats best for our individual selves. Also remember that you need to change youre eating habits as well, otherwise you won't keep it off once it is gone.
Old 03-10-2001, 03:37 PM   #9  
One more time

wwgal..thanks for the reply. I never of thought of looking on the can. Duhhh

Somethimes I eat a bowl of cereal I'm starving by 10:00.
I can eat a egg, toast and a piece of fruit and I'm all right until noon. But you get tired of eggs. So a cold can of Slimfast and I'm okay. It's nice for a change, and I like the chocolate. Lunch.. I eat like I should, and then for supper...what ever the family is eating but smaller portions. Slimfast does work. I'm like cowgirl. don't let other people and there negative attitudes tell you what you should do. Just eat right, exercise and drink your water.
Sandy
Old 03-13-2001, 07:06 PM   #10  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Slimfasters!
WWgal, every loss is good, imagine if you gained .2! Then you'd feel like you aren't making progress.

cowgirl-great job! Congrats on your loss and thanks for your support!

I weighed myself on Sunday morning and I am down from 296 to 293.7. My scale is digital so I include all the percentages! I am losing it quickly even with eating between 1700-2000 calories a day because
I have so much to lose. I know eventually it will slow down to a pound or two a week like everyone else..

have a great week and keep those progress reports coming in!

Lorelei
(313/293.7/165)
Old 03-13-2001, 11:09 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

I agree w/ you Cowgirl...100 percent about us all needing to do what works best for us. Thats why slimfast for breakfast is my best option. I used to skip breakfast, and realized this was a huge mistake. I have learned so much about how my body works, nutrition, etc. One mistake is to skip breakfast, as our metabolism stays at a standstill until we give our body some fuel. I used to buy the slim fast powder and mix it with skim milk, but now I use the ready made cans. I find I enjoy it much more because it is very smooth and not a lumpy mix that the powder combo sometimes seems to be. Plus the cans are great for taking w/ me on my way to work and drinking them at my desk first thing w/ a tall glass of water. Mid morning I usually have a snack, like a banana. I find the more I listen to my body the better I feel. I NEVER let myself get to the point of feeling starved, and eat mini snacks in between meals to get me through the day. I have used the slim fast nutrition bars, and some of them are really yummy.

So far after 6 weeks I am down 15 pounds, and feeling great. I am doing all I can to make this work for the rest of my life. No quick fixes, I am doing what I know works for me. I hope all of you are doing what will work for you...for life. Thats what really matters.

Wishing you a health and happiness, Karen :-)
Old 03-15-2001, 09:23 AM   #12  

Although I'm not following the "slimfast plan," per se, I have incorporated it into my weight watchers plan- it's really helped me! I drink one or two shakes a day, usually one for breakfast and one as my mid-afternoon snack. I never thought I would say this, but since joining Weight Watchers, I have lost that pleasure that I used to get from eating. Now, I'm like, "*Sigh* It's 4:00pm and I still have to get in 10 food points- how am I gonna do that??" Slimfast has bene a big help to me when I know that I need to put some energy into my body, but I just don't feel like sitting down for a meal.

Note: Walmart has Slimfast on sale right now- 2
6-packs for $7... I stocked up last weekend!
Old 03-15-2001, 07:28 PM   #13  
hot mom wanna be!

That's what I do too! I just incorporate in my diet. I dont do ww, I just count the calories but I like the Slimfast shakes and the bars.

How's everyone doing? I am gonna wait until Sunday to weigh in again. I think I need to quit weighing in so often. Even though I was sticking to my calorie count when I weighed myself a few days ago I was up a pound and did nothing wrong! It really discouraged me. I realize it can be water flucuation so I need to quit weighing in so often and stick to once a week!
Old 03-15-2001, 09:21 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hi!

Hope you guys don't mind me joining in!

I don't follow the SF plan, but like most of you, incorporate it. I'm sooo busy that I really need something quick to eat and the SF bars work well because I just love chocolate. This way, I can have one every day and still be a chocoholic!

Cowgirl:

I like your scripture

Lorelei:

Congrats! Looks like things are working out well for you! Yay! I am like you..I weigh myself too often...I think that if I just stick to the same time/day once a week, I'll be better.

WWGal:

I'm just starting (over again) too so I haven't lost yet...but I'll give it a week..

Good luck to you all!

PS - do the slimfast soy shakes come in the cans? I love soymilk!
Old 03-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #15  

Default soy

Good morning everyone ( or evening )

well i think most of us incorporate into the plan we are following. I use it mostly in the
morning.

I really like the soy shakes because they have more protein in them and they seem to keep m
me fuller. RIght now it only comes in chocolate and i hope they plan on making more flavors.
the cans also have the juice flavors in soy ( i saw them at walmart) I don't know how they
taste though.

well everyone have a good day
Closed Thread