Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 11:37 AM   #1  

Default June 1st - July 1st Challenge

Ok.. lets try our own 20 somethings challenge!

So everyone pick a weight loss goal, and an exercise goal. We can compare notes when its all done.

So I'll start.

By July 1st I want to:

1) Get to 172, which is losing 5 pounds.
2) Workout 6 days a week, 40 minutes a day running/walking.

Whos next?

-Tanya
Old 05-31-2002, 11:56 AM   #2  

by july 1st, i hope to lose 10lbs, which would make me 227. hopefully i can do it.

i plan to go to the gym 4 days a week for 40 min each time.

good luck everyone!!
Old 05-31-2002, 12:08 PM   #3  

Default Weigh Ins

I am not sure that its a good idea to weigh-in everyweek, but at the very least.. we could all post if we met our exercise goals. If you want to post if you have lost weight or not, its up to you. Just dont weigh more than once a week!

We'll definetly see how we all did on July 1st though

Good luck!

-Tanya
Old 06-03-2002, 12:58 PM   #4  

Default 1 down, 4 to go!

Well I usally weigh myself on Mondays.... so I found out that I had lost 1 pound for the last week! So now only 4 to go for the challenge!

For working out.. I worked out Friday for 40 minutes and Sunday for 45 minutes. I also did weights and situps. So I am pretty much on track with my 6 days a week.

Keep up the good work peoples!

-Tanya
Old 06-05-2002, 06:42 PM   #5  

Angry can I join the weight loss challenge??

Hello everyone I am just surfing around the site to try and get with a group that is doing weekly weigh ins. I am 28 and have just had my first child this past sept. I weigh 170 now and would like to be 140. I am getting pretty disgusted as the weight is not coming off and I am running out of ideas. I need a plan and somebody or more than one person to check in with on a daily basis. (or every second day) I f anyone has a plan I am game to try anything By July 1st I would like to have 5-7 pounds off.

MJ
Old 06-05-2002, 07:27 PM   #6  

Default Can I start a little late?

hi everyone! I'm carrie and although I didn't see this post until today, I've been fairly good diet-wise and VERY good exercise -wise this week! Can I join your group now?
I LOATHE weighing myself because I can feel really good one minute and then get on the scale and feel 10 times worse than I did. The number means nothing. I may not weigh myself as often as you guys (because I seriously have been weighing myself 2 times a day, which isn't too healthy so I'm trying to cut back) but I'd like to join the June-July challenge! My husband and I are going to Sandals Montego Bay for our 1 year anniversary with a couple that we met on our honeymoon and I've gained about 10 pounds since then!!

I'm currently doing the Escape Your Shape program (anyone heard of it???) but I'm interested in hearing about what exercise programs you guys have been successful with!
My goal is to lose 10 pounds by July 27th (vacation day!)

Thanks for all your support

Carrie
160-157-135
Old 06-06-2002, 12:19 PM   #7  

Default Re: can I join the weight loss challenge??

Quote:
Originally posted by maggie jane
Hello everyone I am just surfing around the site to try and get with a group that is doing weekly weigh ins. I am 28 and have just had my first child this past sept. I weigh 170 now and would like to be 140. I am getting pretty disgusted as the weight is not coming off and I am running out of ideas. I need a plan and somebody or more than one person to check in with on a daily basis. (or every second day) I f anyone has a plan I am game to try anything By July 1st I would like to have 5-7 pounds off.

MJ
Maggie -

Welcome to our challenge!! Congratulations on your first born. Did you have a boy or a girl? Sounds like we are pretty much in the same boat... both weight 170 (ok I weigh a bit more.. shh), and want to get down to 140. We can do this!
So what is your exercise plan? Would it help you to post your exercise on here daily? Or maybe you are focusing more on food intake?
Feel free to post whatever you want.. and all our peering eyes will keep you on track

Welcome!

-Tanya
Old 06-06-2002, 12:25 PM   #8  

Default Re: Can I start a little late?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nooch217
hi everyone! I'm carrie and although I didn't see this post until today, I've been fairly good diet-wise and VERY good exercise -wise this week! Can I join your group now?
I LOATHE weighing myself because I can feel really good one minute and then get on the scale and feel 10 times worse than I did. The number means nothing. I may not weigh myself as often as you guys (because I seriously have been weighing myself 2 times a day, which isn't too healthy so I'm trying to cut back) but I'd like to join the June-July challenge! My husband and I are going to Sandals Montego Bay for our 1 year anniversary with a couple that we met on our honeymoon and I've gained about 10 pounds since then!!

I'm currently doing the Escape Your Shape program (anyone heard of it???) but I'm interested in hearing about what exercise programs you guys have been successful with!
My goal is to lose 10 pounds by July 27th (vacation day!)

Thanks for all your support

Carrie
160-157-135
Carrie -

Hi! Welcome to the challenge. We are very happy to have you join our group. We 20 somethings need to join together!
Keep up with the good exercise! Sounds like you have a plan. Do not feel like you have to weigh in. I'm not gonna keep track of peoples weights like they do in other threads. I dont think its healthly to weigh in everyday.. and even once a week I question. I too have the habit of weighing in during the middle of the week when I am not supposed to.. and its always more than I thought.. but then come one week its gone and I usually lose weight. So the middle of the week weigh-ins dont mean anything! And they hurt my selfesteem more than anything and make me want to give up.. so lets not put ourselves through that kinda torture.
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. I'm not married.. but I've been with my boyfriend for 4 1/2 years. Today is my birthday though!

I havent heard of Escape your Shape program. I'm not really following any commerical plan. I am starting with working out 6-7 times a week (thats 40-45 minutes run/walk on the treadmill.. its about 3.25 miles and then weights and situps). I am just watching what I eat for now.. not counting calories. So far just the exercise alone has made a huge difference in how I feel and I have lost some weight. So no matter what exercise plan you chose.. just pick one you will stick with

Well.. back to work. Glad to have you aboard!

-Tanya
Old 06-08-2002, 08:24 AM   #9  

Hey Tanya! Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a good day!
You sound like you're really doing an amazing job exercising! That's great that you're losing weight. I'm absolutely desperate at this point. I lost a lot of weight on Weight Watchers about 5 years ago. I'm thinking of starting with that again. I was just (for the past 2-3 months) doing Atkins and lost only about 3 pounds. The problem for me is the socializing...I have a few drinks and then my "filter" disappears and I forget all about eating right. Do you have that problem too?
I'm not going to weigh myself every week. I'm thinking once a month...I'd rather judge by the way my clothes feel.
So you've been with your boyfriend for 4 1/2 years!!!! Wow! How did you meet him?
Ok...I'm off to go workout for today...have a graduation party this evening which I know will not be a good eating situation...!
Have a great day

Carrie
Old 06-08-2002, 01:05 PM   #10  

Unhappy

Hi everyone, Happy birthday tanya!!! Well I fell off the wagon as they say yesterday. Hubby, olivia and I went out to do groceries and its been pretty hectic around here lately so we did wendy's for supper then an oreo blizzard from DQ to top it off. But, yesterday in the staff room there was cookies, cake, chips etc etc. I had one chip so I guess it could have been worse. Well I am going to weigh in tomorrow and as long as I don't gain that's a good thing. This week my challenge is going to be to do my sit ups and to walk . Have a good week everyone!!!!!
MJ
Old 06-08-2002, 10:59 PM   #11  

Question I'm new, but would like to join your challenge

Hello, I just joined the site a few days ago. I have lost 10 pounds on my own in the last month, but am losing motivation. If it is alright, I would like to join your challenge a little late, I could really use the support.

My goal is:

* to lose 5 pounds (190 to 180)

* to do atleast 20 minutes of cardio every day, and weight train 3 days a week
Old 06-11-2002, 12:55 PM   #12  

Default Out Sick :(

Sorry for the lack of posts.. I've been sick for the last 3 days. So I havent been able to exercise which has really messed up my system.
I hope I still can beat this challenge despite my obstacle.

Carrie: Thanks for the b-day wishes. I am *slowly* losing weight. I havent lost any this week due to being sick.. but at least I havent gained anything. Its really hard to keep up with the exercising when it comes off this slowly.. but I know its the only way. I understand about the eating in social occasions. I have problems watching what I eat when I go out for dinner and what not. Weighing in once a month is probably the best idea. I should following your plan.
As for my boyfriend.. we met in undergrad college. We met through mutual friends and just hit it off. We are best friend

maggie: Thanks for the birthday wishes! Just for the record.. i fell off the wagon the week I lost 1 pound. And i had 2 medium hot fudge sundaes from Dairy Queen. So.. just keep up the exercise even if your eating doesnt go as plan. You can still lose weight!

stopat2: Welcome to the challenge! Sounds like you are doing good so far.. so keep us updated!

Ok.. I wish I hadnt come to work today. Not feeling better yet. I wish i could work out.. but I cant breathe very well on the treadmill.

Anyways.. hope everyone is making the challenge!

-Tanya
Old 06-12-2002, 02:52 PM   #13  

Default Believe or not believe... that is the question

So I get up this morning and decide to weigh myself. I havent worked out since Sat and my food intake has been pretty much normal.. maybe a bit more high fat foods than normal. Yesterday it said I hadnt lost anything.. but today.. it said I had lost 1.5 pounds.

Hmm.. not sure why that is. But its a brand new scale.. so i guess I should trust it.

Wow.. I wonder how I could lose weight and not have exercised. I guess I shouldnt complain.. I am just scared its a fluke. So I try not to get my hopes up. But WOW

-Tanya
Old 06-12-2002, 04:54 PM   #14  

Default results

Hi everyone sorry for the lack of posts but both the baby and I have been sick as well. Well I weighed in on Sunday and I had lost 1 pound. This week so far isn't going all that bad I actually did my situps and today was my first day back walking I feel like I am finally shaking this flu bug and getting back on track. I went through more summer clothes today lets just say it made me more determined. I took them downstairs to be washed as they had been put away for a while. The support here is really helping thanks guys

MJ
Old 06-12-2002, 08:56 PM   #15  

Smile more muscle = less fat

tonic,

just a thought. if you have been using weights , or any resistance, maybe you built muscle, which makes you burn more calories, even while doing nothing, which means you lose more faster .

angela

good job!
Closed Thread