Old 05-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Take 3! I'm back...3's a charm!

Hello! Geez it's been months since I've shown my face on these forums... My healthy WOL just kinda was pulled out from under me like a rug. I'm dusting off my knees, pulling out my yoga matt, my walking shoes, my healthy recipes, ready to begin anew!

I had a real scare last week, My BP shot up to 180/130! My Dr. friends were shocked and concerned and sent me off to a cardiologist who put me on BP meds and took me off my obesity meds (India's version of Meridia) that an endocrinologist put me on a year ago. ( I'm only 10 lbs less than when I started ) The Cardiologist was talking to me about surgery, so I'm looking into my options. That was a big eye opener! I need to do something. Surgery has alway felt like the last resort. I've been heavy all my life, dieted at least 1/2 my life, broke down and tried obesity meds... Before I commit to surgery, I feel I need to make some concrete changes in my behavior with food, my sluggishness in regards to exercise these last few months.

I noticed as I was updating my ticker that I'm 20 lbs heavier than when I last posted, yet 30 lbs lighter than my heaviest 10 years ago. SO that's just a bump on my journey.

So here I am, new ticker, new attitude, I don't have an eating plan as of yet... was doing SBD a long time back, I may continue, I may try something new, whatever I choose, I know the support of this cyber community is a necessity for me. This is a journey I can't go at alone!

It's good to be back! Looking forward to meeting new friends and old!

Kitty
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am glad you are here. Sometimes it's a big scare that pushes us forward in our healthy journey. No matter what it is....so happy to see you here with great enthusiasm.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I think I remember you from before. Welcome back! Glad to see you again.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #5  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Welcome back!!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Welcome back! I tried everything known to man, too, and the best I tried was also SBD. But then I gained it all back (35 pounds). This time around I am counting calories and exercising, eating healthier foods. It's working so far. Sometimes we just have to try lots of things til you find what really works. Good luck!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #7  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! It's nice to meet you.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote